Kwita "Niki" Amornsub = Scammer

It does still hurt, and the weird part about it is that I didn't learn much of a lesson. I just consider her a freak of nature that rarely shows its ugly face. I really trusted her and never thought twice about giving her cash...It might make me start using credit cards more often, which I don't mind (the only time I'm late paying is if I forget). Other than that, not too much wisdom gained from this.

In total it's cost me a couple favors from friends and 10,000 baht (half paid already, other half *hopefully* paid this Friday).

Was it worth it? Yes.

What happened on Friday?? Were you re-paid??

Thanks for your concern. I'm keeping the collateral and a police summons has been issued. I spoke with her again on Friday, and she and her family have promised me a full payment by April 26th. Since there is still the chance of the scammer buying more time to delay the final outcome, I still set a court date for the 26th just in case.

Jeab and I have received lengthy email and phone apologies, but words dont matter too much at the moment. Show me da money!!

• 1 month later...
I agree with Iain on this. Once this is over, do a quick edit to cover your ass. You still have the forum calling her a scammer, so it's still on record and on Google.

Know what the laws are there; don't give her a chance to "recoup" her losses to you.

I've checked it all out and it's all good. Her scams are on record as fact, so there isn't any story making going on here. Plus if she tried anything legally, she'd be shooting herself in the foot as there are at least 7 other people who are owed more than a million baht that would be happy to join us in court.

Well done Rob! Good result so far....looks like it's nearly at an end :D (still haven't learnt anything from this experience?)

I've learned a bit about understanding pathological liars. In her mind, she seems to have convinced herself that she has done no wrong, which I find amazing. She has a long history of doing the same thing over and over again, and even her family is fed up with her lies...yet she still will fight any and all accusations as if she is the one getting scammed repeatedly.

She did that Thai girl thing where she tried to put the blame on me for a bit, completely forgetting the fact that she was in the wrong. I immediately saw this, snapped, and put a quick end to any table flipping.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...