why do the ppl always pretend?

whitelotus

As i have been frankly, quite tough, aggressive since i was born and hate gossiping but i still doubt on many ppl action both westerner or asian that why most of them select to pretend to be nice and stab the ppl they hate in the back instead of acting and talk straightly and frankly. Anyone can give me the explanation for this kind of behavior?????????

Ya've just gotta love that awkward moment when ya start telling a story and ya realize no one's listening, so ya slowly fade out and pretend ya never said anything.

Not really fade out, i come here to check the answer in every hours wheather login or not to see if there are someone dare to answer this question. Anyway, until now it seems like no one dare too (not surprise) and foryour info , i have never pretend.

As i have been frankly, quite tough, aggressive since i was born and hate gossiping but i still doubt on many ppl action both westerner or asian that why most of them select to pretend to be nice and stab the ppl they hate in the back instead of acting and talk straightly and frankly. Anyone can give me the explanation for this kind of behavior?????????

Hmmm . . . I think you see that more in Thailand then elsewhere so your witnessing of it might be skewed. A lot of the farang that come here aren't good people to start off with. And there are other farang that come to Thailand as normal people but sort of fall into a trap and become deceptive and dishonest people.

But I think if you spent some time in Europe, Australia, or the US I think you would get a much different picture. More people are up front about liking or disliking you there.

Hmmm . . . I think you see that more in Thailand then elsewhere so your witnessing of it might be skewed. A lot of the farang that come here aren't good people to start off with. And there are other farang that come to Thailand as normal people but sort of fall into a trap and become deceptive and dishonest people.

But I think if you spent some time in Europe, Australia, or the US I think you would get a much different picture. More people are up front about liking or disliking you there.

cool, so when the time comes, i gotta move from BKK and stay in that continent for sure cause i love to confront with brave and dare ppl not just standing living with a large group of coward and love gossiping ppl

You never pretend, you never dance. Why you have to be so hard for yourself ? Pretending is fun too, I pretend to be glad to see a guy from engineering division at work because he is director of division, I pretend to be fine with all those accounting rules and follow it happily which actually i dont. Pretending make my life easier at work lol ...

From my very limited understanding of Thai culture, I'd have to say it has allot to do with the concept of no confrontation. People will not confront you directly for fear of hurting your feelings, and getting you angry at them. They can't handle this, so they talk about you when you are not there.

From your own statements, and reactions to things, they are right in what they would expect you to do if they did confront you, so they talk behind your back. They don't want confrontation, and they can't keep their mouth shut.

This happens all over the world though, it's just more pronounced in Thai culture of not wanting confrontation. If you didn't give them anything to talk about though, what would that do to them? They'd probably make things up.

From my very limited understanding of Thai culture, I'd have to say it has allot to do with the concept of no confrontation. People will not confront you directly for fear of hurting your feelings, and getting you angry at them. They can't handle this, so they talk about you when you are not there.

From your own statements, and reactions to things, they are right in what they would expect you to do if they did confront you, so they talk behind your back. They don't want confrontation, and they can't keep their mouth shut.

This happens all over the world though, it's just more pronounced in Thai culture of not wanting confrontation. If you didn't give them anything to talk about though, what would that do to them? They'd probably make things up.

u mean i can't avoide being gossiped as long as i still alive right??????????? Are pretending, gossiping ,making rumour the sample of human's basic instinct, which are born with the human kind staying in all human blood and soul ???????

Anyway, your answer make me clear of many doubt questiona in alot of situations i faced with , thx for enlighted me

Edited by whitelotus

You never pretend, you never dance. Why you have to be so hard for yourself ? Pretending is fun too, I pretend to be glad to see a guy from engineering division at work because he is director of division, I pretend to be fine with all those accounting rules and follow it happily which actually i dont. Pretending make my life easier at work lol ...

It is a good way kus but the prolem is i can't pretend . I wish i could do same as u and others ppl, but, unfortunately i can't

Hes lying. I know no **** wot hes talking bout.

Ha ha ha!!!

Whitelotus: out of the few posts I have seen from you I have come to the conclusion that you have never or rarely left Thailand. In my experience, if you have not left your country to explore the world than your understanding of life is narrowed down to what people tell you. I know many Americans that are just as naive and can't see past the tip of their noses. Like many others have said on countless occasions, Thailand does not attract the best of the farang. Your experience is limited to a general population of bad farangs. If you were to go to a country in the west, you may might go running back to Thailand with your tail between your legs at the way you we're treated. Because in the West if you make a mistake you can't just smile and walk away, someone is going to point it out and hold you accountable. You need not worry about people talking behind your back.

Ha ha ha!!!

Whitelotus: out of the few posts I have seen from you I have come to the conclusion that you have never or rarely left Thailand. In my experience, if you have not left your country to explore the world than your understanding of life is narrowed down to what people tell you. I know many Americans that are just as naive and can't see past the tip of their noses. Like many others have said on countless occasions, Thailand does not attract the best of the farang. Your experience is limited to a general population of bad farangs. If you were to go to a country in the west, you may might go running back to Thailand with your tail between your legs at the way you we're treated. Because in the West if you make a mistake you can't just smile and walk away, someone is going to point it out and hold you accountable. You need not worry about people talking behind your back.

I prefer to live with that kind of PPL and to let u know that i may not much experience but i have been out off BKK for MORE THAN several BUSINESS TRIP AS A PROFESSIONAL WORKER TO U.A.E, PHILLIPINE and as a tourist to lao, malaysia. Moreover, i worked for many foriegnors from various country in the past 10 years. All in all, may i don't have wide travel experiences as u do but i think i can differentiate the style of ppl of various origins. So sorry to say that "I AM NOT JUST A HOT CHICK WHO NEVER LEFT HER HOME TOWN AND NOT EDUCATED.

Edited by whitelotus

I prefer to live with that kind of PPL and to let u know that i may not much experience but i have been out off BKK for MORE THAN several BUSINESS TRIP AS A PROFESSIONAL WORKER TO U.A.E, PHILLIPINE and as a tourist to lao, malaysia. Moreover, i worked for many foriegnors from various country in the past 10 years. All in all, may i don't have wide travel experiences as u do but i think i can differentiate the style of ppl of various origins. So sorry to say that "I AM NOT JUST A HOT CHICK WHO NEVER LEFT HER HOME TOWN AND NOT EDUCATED.

So your a chick?

From my experience he/she is insecure, by doing that make them feel like they are in control. And obvoiusly (if it happens at work) they want to get rid of you.

Why have people STILL not learned the difference between your and you're? It's more annoying than there, their and they're.

Sorry for my EB moment there, but this is basic.

UGH! I get annoyed easily by the same thing and here I am guilty of it myself. I was in speed typing mode and forgot to check my own grammar.

Dammit! I am not perfect at this. I will give it a shot anyways.

UGH! I get annoyed easily by the same thing, and here I am, guilty of it myself. I was in speed typing mode and forgot to check my own grammar.

British-Fail.jpg

fail28.jpg

totally-fail-who-wants-to-be-millionaire.jpg

47c3e577b70b907_fail.jpg

I'm starting to see how fun it is to be an asshole online!!

Apologies for pretending to offend. Goodnight and sweet dreams ya'll!!