New to Thailand

Guest click_boom

Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place, but I was hoping for some help...

I just moved here a month ago and was wondering about the photography scene in Thailand. I'm into portrait photography and I'm building up my portfolio. Does anybody know if there are there any good studios to rent here? I tried a google search but didn't come up with anything too promising... I was also thinking of renting a room somewhere and building a creative space. Is that possible? Do people ever band together to do this?

I was also wondering if anybody knows of any good photographer/model websites? I mainly use Model Mayhem (my port's here: http://www.modelmayhem.com/1582450) but I was hoping to find something specific to Thailand.

Oh, and the last thing - anybody know of any dark rooms in Bangkok? I shoot a lot of B&W film and love to develop my own. I tried to google that too, but got totally different results!

Any help gratefully received.

I wish I could help more but I'm just a dork with an expensive camera who likes pointing at stuff and hearing a click. Good thing I never got too much into guns. :-)

There are some folks on here who shoot more professionally than I do though so . . .