Songkran - What Should I Expect?

TimmyTwo

I don't really like the idea of getting soaked with water when I'm out and about. If somebody squirts me with a water pistol, okay, I'm fine with that. I can take a joke. A waterbomb... not so much.

I'd like to know what happens in Bangkok? Will random people just throw water me? Or does nothing much happen in the capital?

On the 13th if you go outside you will get soaked, with water pistols, hoses, buckets of water, truck loads of people cruising around, individuals, kids, adults, basically everyone with anything that can hold water will be used. It's water play day to wash all last year's bad karma off you. The days after that depend on where you are in the city.

If you don't want to get soaked, and do some soaking, then it's best if you just stay inside during the daytime on the 13th.

I don't really like the idea of getting soaked with water when I'm out and about. If somebody squirts me with a water pistol, okay, I'm fine with that. I can take a joke. A waterbomb... not so much.

I'd like to know what happens in Bangkok? Will random people just throw water me? Or does nothing much happen in the capital?

Love "Squirting"

So the KFC ad I saw on TV where they're all squirting each other with water pistols is a little misleading?

lol...you're going to get completely wet, even if you just go out to 7/11 for some beer.

Put your phone in a zip lock bag and pretend you're about to jump in a pool if you plan on leaving your place.

Don't forget to take your "life is awesome" attitude with you or else you might not have an awesome time (or you might kill someone as well).

• 2 weeks later...
Don't forget to take your "life is awesome" attitude with you or else you might not have an awesome time (or you might kill someone as well).

I followed your excellent advice and had an awesome time.

I bought my super bazooka and joined in on the fun over at Sillom. Happy days!

I followed your excellent advice and had an awesome time.

I bought my super bazooka and joined in on the fun over at Sillom. Happy days!

I just bought a small water gun 200 baht... and I didn't know how to use it until I left to CTW. , remember Chinese gang at Silom attacked me with there big bazooka and i couldn't fight back.

• 1 year later...