Bangkok Pool League (Spring 2011)

StevieJR

Big Mango moved up to the Red Division in 8 Ball this season (Thanks Lee)

After a shaky start getting thrashed 7-1 from a VERY strong Sports Academy, we improved a little in our next two matches.

Our 2nd game was a match at home against last years Red Division Champions Sportsman A which saw Mango run out 7-1 winners and we had another good win last Monday away to Old Other Office bar in Patpong, again winning 7-1.

Myself, Ciaran, Super Dave, Lee, team groupies Teddy and Missy Ted get a break this week for Songkran and will be back in action next Monday at home to Sport 20-2.

Anyone else playing this year?

Edited by StevieJR

It's you in the video?I don't know much about the pool .But i can tell You are so great! sorry i don't know you in person just asked.

I'm the shorter one with the mustache. Mario was a hero of mine. When I said I made many fouls at once, well let's just say Rob isn't the only one who farts. lol

Seriously. No it isnt me, I found it on the interwebs and posted it as it is an impressive trick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The season is now over and Big Mango finished it off in style by scraping a draw against Country Road to maintain 2nd place over Sportsman A.

Players A were worthy winners, remaining unbeaten for the season and we only just scraped the runners up spot over Sportsman via head to head, but considering it was our first time in the top division that aint too bad.

Gets us another trophy and a chance to party at the end of season bash :-)

Well done guys.

http://www.bangkokpool.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

The season is now over and Big Mango finished it off in style by scraping a draw against Country Road to maintain 2nd place over Sportsman A.

Players A were worthy winners, remaining unbeaten for the season and we only just scraped the runners up spot over Sportsman via head to head, but considering it was our first time in the top division that aint too bad.

Gets us another trophy and a chance to party at the end of season bash :-)

Well done guys.

http://www.bangkokpool.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

i really thought we had blown it with that draw at Country Road. Feel a bit (but only a little bit) sorry for Sportsman A, a good side and a good bunch of lads also !!!

Hmm, in 8-ball, though in a different color group (Yellow), we finished first (Sports Academy) with 20 points, and in 9-ball we finished 3rd, only 2 points out from first at 19 points. It was a hard fought season for Sports Academy. Sorry about the Big Mango Babes placing in 9-ball.

Now it's the singles touraments at the end of July. Hope to see everyone there. I'll be giving lessons....lolololol.