Banged up Abroad Thailand

Guest Saffa

Question

Guest Saffa

I was watching banged up abroad the other day and it seems Thailand is rather strict on their illegal drug policies. Also It seems the tourists are sometimes used as mules... So strictly no weed over there?:lol:

13 answers to this question

(I'll word this carefully) On occasion, I have been in the company of other people that have had it. So, no need to worry Saffa (feel a bit rude calling you that cause I was under the impression it wasn't the most polite name for a South African. lol)

Guest Saffa

Haha i dont know why ppl think that calling a South African Saffa is a bad word... its like calling a Australian Ozzie or New zealander Kiwi... lol I know some of my fiends that stay there got their hands on some... but i'd rather not take the risk... Europe is sooo laid back.

Edited by Saffa

Yeh, it is better to stay away from that side of things (If I'd known that the people I was with had it at the time, I wouldn't have stuck around lol)

I also thought it wasn't too polite to call an Australian an 'Aussie' but have recently learnt that it's fine lol. :)

(I'll word this carefully) On occasion, I have been in the company of other people that have had it. So, no need to worry Saffa (feel a bit rude calling you that cause I was under the impression it wasn't the most polite name for a South African. lol)

I would disagree Teila. I know of a few people who smoke. In fact, I know a few people who like the powder as well. But the possibility of doing time in a Thai jail, for me, far outweighs any potential fun I might have.

And Saffa, if you have to ask, the answer is no. You've never been here before and don't know how the place works so I would refrain until you felt comfortable enough here, had enough local connections, and knew enough police that you felt you could make an informed decision.

My tattoo artist in Pattaya offered me some after we were done. I was surprised at how non nonchalant he was about it since I had heard the rumors of very strict Thai drug laws.

Was it consolation for a bad tattoo?

"Hey man...sorry about that. Here's some weed. We cool?"

My tattoo artist in Pattaya offered me some after we were done. I was surprised at how non nonchalant he was about it since I had heard the rumors of very strict Thai drug laws.

Thai or farang guy? Just curious as a lot of Thais seem to have a more lax attitude since they know what they can and can't get away with in their own country.

I would disagree Teila. I know of a few people who smoke. In fact, I know a few people who like the powder as well. But the possibility of doing time in a Thai jail, for me, far outweighs any potential fun I might have.

I did say......

Yeh, it is better to stay away from that side of things (If I'd known that the people I was with had it at the time, I wouldn't have stuck around lol)

:)