kaunitz

When we bought our house, there also was included an initial setup of the garden, including a Mango Tree. It came, tiny, with three mangos on. One of them fell down and got rotten but two of them, we could eat and they were great!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]115638[/ATTACH]

So I was hoping for a good harvest of mangos every now and then (the old, big tree at my in-laws is always having plenty of them!) but unfortunately, this stubborn tree put all its powers in producing leaves and branches. Here it is still at a nice stage, but ever since, it grew up to more than five meters high, already starting to threaten the satellite dish on the roof of our car park.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]115639[/ATTACH]

Asking friends about how to make this tree produce mangos and not only shadow (which also is very welcomed, by the way!), I was told to cut it by 90% and then, sweet mangos would appear.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]115640[/ATTACH]

BOLLOCKS!!!

Still, the tree is growing like hell and I alredy had to cut it for a second time - leaves, branches and shadow, but no mangos! Btw, same goes for neighbors' tree, just without being cut. Even my sweet wife, who definitely has a green hand, did not find a solution.

So does anyone have the 100% (well, at least 90%) hint how to make this unduly thing grow mangos??? Any helpful answers highly appreciated (well, also not so helpful ones as long as they are funny :) )!

Well, somehow, the pics are not appearing, only the link to them! What did I do wrong?

Edited by kaunitz
I'm too old for technical innovation

Doesn't matter. Oh and from an astrological perspective it helps if the moon is in Uranus...

Well, about Urinus, I don't know much except that it is located close to our shower in the master bathroom and there also is one downstairs, but next month there is a Tuesday, 14 but full moon is on Wednesday, 15 (mind you, Koh Phangan!). So by which accuracy does this rule go? One day up or down is ok or not? And is it related to Lat and Long? I mean, the full moon is not full at all places of the earth at the same day, let alone the same time? And do you have to personally SEE the full moon or is it enough to know that somewhere there is a full moon? Questions and more questions!

Edited by kaunitz

Well, about Urinus, I don't know much except that it is located close to our shower in the master bathroom and there also is one downstairs, but next month there is a Tuesday, 14 but full moon is on Wednesday, 15 (mind you, Koh Phangan!). So by which accuracy does this rule go? One day up or down is ok or not? And is it related to Lat and Long? I mean, the full moon is not full at all places of the earth at the same day, let alone the same time? And do you have to personally SEE the full moon or is it enough to know that somewhere there is a full moon? Questions and more questions!

As long as the tree can see the moon, you are wearing one trouser leg shorter than the other and run widdershins around your house 3 times, then you have a 48 hour window around the zenith of the full moon.

As long as the tree can see the moon, you are wearing one trouser leg shorter than the other and run widdershins around your house 3 times, then you have a 48 hour window around the zenith of the full moon.

Well, the tree can see the moon and with the trousers - I have a pair of scissors. But do I have to run clockwise or anti-clockwise? AND we are living in a double house, so I also would have to surround our neighbor's place. I do not want him to have mangos, I want them all for me. So is it possible to run through our house and then to touch the fence on the other side? I mean, my wife will kill me for stepping into the roses but I am really willing to do anything to get my mangos!

Ok, Ok, I see - widdershins is anti-clockwise, so this part is answered!

Edited by kaunitz
learning new vocabulary

what part of widdershins did you not understand?

Running round your neighbour's house does not entitle him to any mangoes unless you live in a village in Wiltshire (then you may be subject to the archaic 12th Century mango tax law)

Ok, Ok, I see - widdershins is anti-clockwise, so this part is answered!

Well, I'm very happy that I'm not living in any region of Wiltshire or even close to that county!

But as I am currently working abroad, can I substitute this running by running around our container block? This one I could do without any obstacles, so it would be perfect. Do I have to take time zones into consideration? Maybe it might ease your answer when knowing that these containers are made, set up and maintained by Italians, but only Austrians are living in there.

Folie1.jpg

About pictures, I think you need to upload them on photobuket or such then copy code and past it here.

About mango tree, no idea. but I would love to move to TH just to have a mango tree in my garden. (getting fed up with apple and pine trees, just cut them down this evening!)

Edited by pandorea
typo!

About pictures, I think you need to upload them on photobuket or such then copy code and past it here.

Looks like! I remember that uploading from my computer (as indicated possible by the pop-up window) worked once or twice but later on this feature seems to have broken down :( It's a pity because I have to admit that I'm a bit too lazy to upload pics on photobucket (let alone that most probably I already forgot my password) and then link them to here.

For the mango tree, be careful what you wish for! If you get an evil one like me, it's just work and not much pleasure :)!

• 1 year later...