Shooting's too good for 'em!

English_Bob

Question

There have been a few rants recently... Bodai's boss, Rob's wasted afternoon.

I also vent my spleen about assholes on a regular basis (but usually face to face or in the forums!)

The last few days I ran into a handful of people who deliberately pissed me off and almost turned me back to the Dark Side.

So, who pisses you off? No need to name names. Not intended for 'I hate poofs' or 'Can't stand Arabs'... this is about individuals who you want to vent about...

Shooting's too good for 'em...

Guys making a big show of how well-to-do, big-spending he is, e.g. like always mentioning that he's always eating out at restaurants, then putting pressure on eating only the cheapest thing on the menu when out on the first date meal, drinking tap water coupled with exerting pressure on not ordering anything else except the main course, yet turning down all my requests for me to pay my own share, and in the end when walking out of the restaurant, say, "If you really want, we can always split the bill the next time."

And the whole issue is not even about free-loading on him in the first place. *roll my eyes - I don't think there's a next time, usually*

The douche bag that stands in front of the 7-11 cooler with the door open and goes into deep meditation for 5 minutes while deciding what he wants to drink. Meanwhile you know exactly what you want but even standing in his peripheral vision and making throat clearing noises he isn't aware of your presence. And then when he does make his choice and turns around and sees you acts like he's just seen a ghost.

People who serve food and think nothing of touching it with their bare hands. The other day I was in Emporium shortly after opening time and was on the food court level and I was watching a girl at an ice cream shop patting each flavor with a scoop and then she seemed to get mesmerized by one particular flavor and started poking it with her ungloved finger. Obviously not gathering enough information with a finger poke she then used her whole hand and rubbed it all over the top of the ice cream.

Who knows what she has been handling before that? Maybe she was counting money (which notoriously has traces of feces and other nasty stuff on it) or sweeping the floor or ???

The douche bag that stands in front of the 7-11 cooler with the door open and goes into deep meditation for 5 minutes while deciding what he wants to drink. Meanwhile you know exactly what you want but even standing in his peripheral vision and making throat clearing noises he isn't aware of your presence. And then when he does make his choice and turns around and sees you acts like he's just seen a ghost.

Maybe that's because he went.......

into deep meditation

and he wasn't...................

aware of your presence.

:lol:

I have another one... I should make a list.

I was riding down my soi today when I saw a very tall ladyboy in a tight red dress about to cross the road ahead. She was accompanied by a fat guy in his mid-thirties. They wandered into the road and the ladyboy realised I was coming down the road. She took two quick steps and skipped out of the way.

The farang guy didn't though. He stopped and raised his hand. He held it out and turned around slowly like he thought he was ******* Magneto or something. A bunch of cars stopped behind me waiting for this guy to amble across the road, but he stood there eyeballing us all.

WTF? Get out the ******* road! A Thai guy once offered me a gun. I turned it down because I know at that moment I'd have been reaching for it.

But shooting's too good for him.

Put a bullbar on your car and roll him over. No need for a shot!

Guys making a big show of how well-to-do, big-spending he is, e.g. like always mentioning that he's always eating out at restaurants, then putting pressure on eating only the cheapest thing on the menu when out on the first date meal, drinking tap water coupled with exerting pressure on not ordering anything else except the main course, yet turning down all my requests for me to pay my own share, and in the end when walking out of the restaurant, say, "If you really want, we can always split the bill the next time."

And the whole issue is not even about free-loading on him in the first place. *roll my eyes - I don't think there's a next time, usually*

That's really a great one! It's hard for me to imagine that this kind of persons exist but as nothing is impossible in our gaga world... Anyhow I pity you for having wasted your time with him!

Edited by kaunitz

twats who cheat at pool ... and then try to tell u that u don't know the ******* rules !!

lol I just thought of that one this morning!

Actually a guy I really used to hate playing in the league was one of those dicks who couldn't understand it's still a game.

Girls would be taking a long shot and their shirt would touch a ball on the table and he'd call a foul. Or when two balls were almost touching, he'd stand right next to the table when the shot was played and always claim a foul for a push-shot. And even in the warm-ups or post match games, he'd be the same!

About 3 months ago, I went paintballing with a bunch of friends. There was a new guy there - friend of a friend.

This guy was driving us all crazy. He wouldn't obey the rules. He could be shot 10 times and wouldn't leave the field! He'd just say, 'I don't give a ****.'

The only way to get him to 'die' was to ambush him with the gun one inch from his eyeball and scream 'BANG!!!'

Then, he'd leave the field, bitching that 'It wasn't fair...' or something.

Later we were at home and everyone was bitching about him. Then he started adding us all on Facebook... lol everyone blocked him.

The way you play a game shows the way you live your life. Code of honour and stuff. (I bet GG has thrown a few Monopoly boards over)

lol I just thought of that one this morning!

Actually a guy I really used to hate playing in the league was one of those dicks who couldn't understand it's still a game.

Girls would be taking a long shot and their shirt would touch a ball on the table and he'd call a foul. Or when two balls were almost touching, he'd stand right next to the table when the shot was played and always claim a foul for a push-shot. And even in the warm-ups or post match games, he'd be the same!

The way you play a game shows the way you live your life. Code of honour and stuff.

yep ... there's rules and then there's rules ... and then there's player etiquette ... and as u say the way ppl play the game can say a lot about ppl !!!!

Yeah, some guys just do not get it that the female species generally develop (genuine) feelings for a guy not because he pays for the first date meal (be it grudgingly or not), but rather cos they start off the friendship by enjoying each other's good company and respect, which nonetheless can include the female paying her own (since they are just normal friends anyway in the beginning).

Main point is; if a guy is on a budget (or is just unwilling to spend although he can afford it) and yet wants to pay, he can suggest a really low-end cafe or something which he will not feel the need to control what the date is trying to order (despite that I always order something I like to eat that is at most of mid or lower-mid price range on a 1st date with a guy in case he insists on picking up the tab later). If it's simply the case of Mr Can-Afford-To-But-Scared-To-Spend, then by all means just let me pay my own share cos I think I will enjoy his company better that way than pressuring me to eat only what he wants to pay for me, rather than what I will want to. Previously, I don't usually have the time to eat out with friends often and really think of eating out with someone as an enjoyment (which can be good but inexpensive food) so I really appreciate it if it's not turned into something oppressive, awkward and uncomfortable. If there's one thing which really turns me off a guy I'm just getting to know, it is this.

People who serve food and think nothing of touching it with their bare hands. The other day I was in Emporium shortly after opening time and was on the food court level and I was watching a girl at an ice cream shop patting each flavor with a scoop and then she seemed to get mesmerized by one particular flavor and started poking it with her ungloved finger. Obviously not gathering enough information with a finger poke she then used her whole hand and rubbed it all over the top of the ice cream.

Who knows what she has been handling before that? Maybe she was counting money (which notoriously has traces of feces and other nasty stuff on it) or sweeping the floor or ???

lol...I always end up lecturing vendors of proper food handling but in the end I can't stand the way they look at me.

I'm sure most guys would be surprised at some of the shit us girls have to put up with sometimes....

ah well....

I'm sure most of you girls would be surprised at some of the shit us guys have to put up with sometimes :-)

Especially here in Thailand. I think on message boards like this it's very difficult for farangs and Thais to see the same Thailand. Some of it has to do with the fact that we come from different cultures so what seems normal to you seems foreign or confusing to us. But another HUGE part of it is that people act differently around us depending on whether we're by ourselves or with a Thai. There is stuff that happens that they would be far too embarrassed to do in front of a fellow Thai that they openly do when it's just us.

And a lot of that happens in relationships. For instance, I was on a first date with a girl and we're grabbing a bite and she takes out her mobile and gets frustrated and says, "Phone no good. After we finish eating can you take me to MBK and buy a new phone for me?" I mean, we're only 20 minutes into a first date. WTF?!?

It's funny too because there have been numerous occasions where a bunch of us guys are talking about some of the crazy things we've had happen with girls here in Thailand and the Thais in the group can't believe it. For us, we don't even doubt it because we've had something similar happen to us. And the Thais will say that it must just be bar girls or this or that but it's girls all across Thai society, all the way from lo-so to hi-so.

And on some of the online dating sites it's like a feeding frenzy. Some of these girls are crazy. One will always stick out in my head though. This girl sends me a chat request and so we start chatting and after all of the "How are you", "Where you come from" stuff she gets down to business.

Her: I am student at XXXXXXX university

Me: Good for you

Her: Yes but so sad.

Me: Why?

Her: No money for tuition.

Me: That's too bad.

Her: If you can pay my tuition I can be your girlfriend and stay with you when you come to Thailand.

Me: So how is that any different from being a prostitute or a bar girl?

Her: Can you pay? I will stay with you.

Me: How much if your tuition and how often do we have sex? I'm just trying to figure out if this is a good deal.

Her: Fuck you dog mouth!

System: XXXXXX has blocked you

Obviously I was toying with her a bit at the end but only because the bluntness of the proposition just 5 minutes into the conversation and from a girl who in her profile stressed that she was a good girl and loves her family so much and is looking for true love seemed so funny.

I think once a guy has been here awhile it's very difficult for them to get into a serious relationship. They see this kind of stuff all the time and you begin to get very cynical. You start looking for any sign that she's going to try to pull something on you or you remain emotionally detached knowing that sooner or later a sick buffalo story is coming.

There's a girl I've known for a long time. She was going out with some guy for about six months (which for her was unheard of) and Ked and I hung out with them a few times. A few months back I ran into her and asked her about the boyfriend. She said that they had broken up and that he was back in Sweden. I asked what happened and she said that he found out that she was seeing another guy. She said that on her Facebook page she said she was in a relationship with the Swedish guy but he had clicked through to some of her friends and found pictures of her with another guy and some flirting talk from her on his FB profile page. I did the whole "Wow, that's too bad" thing and then she says:

Her: Why are farangs always like that?

Me: Like what?

Her: Jealous and looking around.

Me: Well, he was right, right?

Her: Yes, but if he wasn't looking he wouldn't have seen it.

Her: So I guess I have to get a new FB page whenever I start seeing another guy now.

I'm sure most of you girls would be surprised at some of the **** us guys have to put up with sometimes :-)

Especially here in Thailand. I think on message boards like this it's very difficult for farangs and Thais to see the same Thailand. Some of it has to do with the fact that we come from different cultures so what seems normal to you seems foreign or confusing to us. But another HUGE part of it is that people act differently around us depending on whether we're by ourselves or with a Thai. There is stuff that happens that they would be far too embarrassed to do in front of a fellow Thai that they openly do when it's just us.

And a lot of that happens in relationships. For instance, I was on a first date with a girl and we're grabbing a bite and she takes out her mobile and gets frustrated and says, "Phone no good. After we finish eating can you take me to MBK and buy a new phone for me?" I mean, we're only 20 minutes into a first date. WTF?!?

It's funny too because there have been numerous occasions where a bunch of us guys are talking about some of the crazy things we've had happen with girls here in Thailand and the Thais in the group can't believe it. For us, we don't even doubt it because we've had something similar happen to us. And the Thais will say that it must just be bar girls or this or that but it's girls all across Thai society, all the way from lo-so to hi-so.

And on some of the online dating sites it's like a feeding frenzy. Some of these girls are crazy. One will always stick out in my head though. This girl sends me a chat request and so we start chatting and after all of the "How are you", "Where you come from" stuff she gets down to business.

Her: If you can pay my tuition I can be your girlfriend and stay with you when you come to Thailand.

Me: How much if your tuition and how often do we have sex? I'm just trying to figure out if this is a good deal.

Her: **** you dog mouth!

Obviously I was toying with her a bit at the end but only because the bluntness of the proposition just 5 minutes into the conversation and from a girl who in her profile stressed that she was a good girl and loves her family so much and is looking for true love seemed so funny.

I think once a guy has been here awhile it's very difficult for them to get into a serious relationship. They see this kind of stuff all the time and you begin to get very cynical. You start looking for any sign that she's going to try to pull something on you or you remain emotionally detached knowing that sooner or later a sick buffalo story is coming.

There's a girl I've known for a long time. She was going out with some guy for about six months (which for her was unheard of) and Ked and I hung out with them a few times. A few months back I ran into her and asked her about the boyfriend. She said that they had broken up and that he was back in Sweden. I asked what happened and she said that he found out that she was seeing another guy. She said that on her Facebook page she said she was in a relationship with the Swedish guy but he had clicked through to some of her friends and found pictures of her with another guy and some flirting talk from her on his FB profile page. I did the whole "Wow, that's too bad" thing and then she says:

Her: So I guess I have to get a new FB page whenever I start seeing another guy now.

OMB.... :D :D :D :D

Yeah, some guys just do not get it that the female species generally develop (genuine) feelings for a guy not because he pays for the first date meal (be it grudgingly or not), but rather cos they start off the friendship by enjoying each other's good company and respect, which nonetheless can include the female paying her own (since they are just normal friends anyway in the beginning).

Main point is; if a guy is on a budget (or is just unwilling to spend although he can afford it) and yet wants to pay, he can suggest a really low-end cafe or something which he will not feel the need to control what the date is trying to order (despite that I always order something I like to eat that is at most of mid or lower-mid price range on a 1st date with a guy in case he insists on picking up the tab later). If it's simply the case of Mr Can-Afford-To-But-Scared-To-Spend, then by all means just let me pay my own share cos I think I will enjoy his company better that way than pressuring me to eat only what he wants to pay for me, rather than what I will want to. Previously, I don't usually have the time to eat out with friends often and really think of eating out with someone as an enjoyment (which can be good but inexpensive food) so I really appreciate it if it's not turned into something oppressive, awkward and uncomfortable. If there's one thing which really turns me off a guy I'm just getting to know, it is this.

if i've asked a girl for dinner i'm not going to tell her what she can or can not order .... well not unless she starts to order bottles of champagne or something like that !!

While I appreciate the stories, I didn't want to turn this into a 'group' hate thing.

This is for individuals that pissed you off.

A woman I know is a pilates instructor. She does private lessons in her own home studio.

One day a new customer came and asked for the price. She negotiated a price with a fairly large discount because she wanted 3 lessons per week. Since signing up for the classes, she has never attended more than once per week.

My friend is livid. The customer is getting the discounted price, but not sticking to her end of the deal.

I hate people like that... Shooting's too good for 'em.

I had a woman approach me for a private function - a singles' night.

She negotiated a cheap price per head, including a drink and some food. I cut my profit to the bone on the understanding that I would get the extra drinks they bought.

On the night, people started arriving and paying this woman 1000 baht per head! That was a WHOLE lot more than I was getting. When we brought out the food, they all wanted extra sour cream, cheese, guacamole... all the expensive stuff. I explained that extras would charged separately and they complained they had paid 1000 baht per head (I wanted to shout 'Not to ME you haven't!')

There were 30 of them, nursing one drink each and not buying extra drinks (the source of my profit). And after the food the organiser arranged some games. The prizes? Bottles of wine. Then the guests started asking for glasses and corkscrews. I explained there was a corkage charge. The organiser was complaining, 'But Dave, it's only a few bottles of wine!'

That's how customers see it. I see it as 6 drinks per bottle I haven't sold, on a night where I didn't make money on the food they ate.

A few weeks ago, she approached me again and asked if they could hold another event there... I was so happy to refuse!

That's really a great one! It's hard for me to imagine that this kind of persons exist but as nothing is impossible in our gaga world... Anyhow I pity you for having wasted your time with him!

Actually, I went on a date with HIM a few hours before I posted the first (when my emotions are still high)! :)

After the meal, I did pay for some of his other things which did not cost much cos I did not want him to walk around saying I free-loaded on him for a meal and never went out with him again, in case! (Ok, no other details to be disclosed, in case he is a fellow TFer reading this, opsy *embarrassed*

I'm sure most of you girls would be surprised at some of the **** us guys have to put up with sometimes :-)

I have no one that wanted to shoot (by the bullets, I more prefer doing sky kick) But I have a story want to share, that its not always Thais that ask for HELP from farangs.

I usually not treat my friends diffirent no matter they are thai or foreigners as long as its not call 'dating dinner' i always willing to pay for myself , if its date I also willing to pay but for the maner sack i give him chance to pay for me.

I have a farang friend (TF) told me over msn chat one day that he lost his mobile phone and asked if i have an old one for him to borrow as he didnt have money at the moment i dont have one at that time but I told him my boss was just bought new phone i will ask for his old one if he would give it away. The day after, he came to meet me in my soi picking up the old phone and I bought him dinner.

The same friend also once asked me if his friend could transfer money to my bank account because he didnt have one, I called his friend informed my bank no. when he transfered the money I withdraw cash and gave to him, I told him I kept 500 b. to spend until my pay day. I was broke also. He said to me that he shall give me money sometimes, I said please dont I appreciated, because between me and him even i have zero baht I stil have place to stay and food to eat as I live with family at home but he lives far away from home.

if i've asked a girl for dinner i'm not going to tell her what she can or can not order .... well not unless she starts to order bottles of champagne or something like that !!

:) ya, dat's true. And I even had a guyfriend who told me to buy him a packet of cigarettes! It's not a first date cos we knew each other for some time already (but not very well) although it still felt weird for someone to ask another friend to pay for one's own cigarettes!

That guy who asked me out did not explicitly tell me what to or not to order, but he was implying and also telling the server outright this and that were not wanted, before asking me. Then ordering an expensive maincourse for himself. Until the server was speaking to him meaningly and asking me in a special tone in an indirect way that means "you sure you don't want anything else?"

Edited by Hazel

I have no one that wanted to shoot (by the bullets, I more prefer doing sky kick) But I have a story want to share, that its not always Thais that ask for HELP from farangs.

I usually not treat my friends diffirent no matter they are thai or foreigners as long as its not call 'dating dinner' i always willing to pay for myself , if its date I also willing to pay but for the maner sack i give him chance to pay for me.

I have a farang friend (TF) told me over msn chat one day that he lost his mobile phone and asked if i have an old one for him to borrow as he didnt have money at the moment i dont have one at that time but I told him my boss was just bought new phone i will ask for his old one if he would give it away. The day after, he came to meet me in my soi picking up the old phone and I bought him dinner.

The same friend also once asked me if his friend could transfer money to my bank account because he didnt have one, I called his friend informed my bank no. when he transfered the money I withdraw cash and gave to him, I told him I kept 500 b. to spend until my pay day. I was broke also. He said to me that he shall give me money sometimes, I said please dont I appreciated, because between me and him even i have zero baht I stil have place to stay and food to eat as I live with family at home but he lives far away from home.

Talking about online friends, I had some really crazy people (different from yours):

1) an online guy I only met for once sms me in the dead of the night asking to loan him money. At that time, I was really broke and struggling to pay for my tuition fees and told him very nicely so. He texted me back, cursing and swearing at me.

2) an online guy I haven't met yet (but was planning to do so soon) texted me to scold me very agressively because I could not attend his grandparent's wake cos I was working and studying from 9am to 9pm THAT DAY.

although obviously there must be some guys dumb enough to buy the mobile phone or pay tuition fees !!

although obviously there must be some guys dumb enough to buy the mobile phone or pay tuition fees !!

Bill, the next time you met with gals like these, please remember that it will be very helpful for us gals if you can get the guys' contact details from these gals. We all can do with new mobile phones without lifting a finger - just post these guys here *wink* ;)