The Isaan Princess

admin

Guest SFJoseph108

Reading this thread, I have to say that the problem is really lack of respect and selfishness from both sides. "I'll be riding that ***** like a bucking bronco" is just as bad as the girl trying to get money and property.

You get what you ask for - if you want eye candy and a quick ****, you're going to pay for it.

I've met girls here who are very sincere, careful with money and want a family. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think they're after money. Everyone wants happiness - it's just a matter of how you define it. For many it's materialism but others have better priorities.

I've also met plenty of players - I went out with a girl last week who claimed to be single but was texting and calling her boyfriend while she's out with me. She said it's her cousin but the iPhone screen is big - pretty easy to see "My Teerak" on the caller name. All she wanted was a sugar daddy to pay for her food and alcohol so she could go home to her boyfriend. No thanks. I walked out.

Reading this thread, I have to say that the problem is really lack of respect and selfishness from both sides. "I'll be riding that ***** like a bucking bronco" is just as bad as the girl trying to get money and property.

You get what you ask for - if you want eye candy and a quick ****, you're going to pay for it.

I've met girls here who are very sincere, careful with money and want a family. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think they're after money. Everyone wants happiness - it's just a matter of how you define it. For many it's materialism but others have better priorities.

I've also met plenty of players - I went out with a girl last week who claimed to be single but was texting and calling her boyfriend while she's out with me. She said it's her cousin but the iPhone screen is big - pretty easy to see "My Teerak" on the caller name. All she wanted was a sugar daddy to pay for her food and alcohol so she could go home to her boyfriend. No thanks. I walked out.

I don't think you read the thread at all. The thread is not about poor girls trying to get money from rich farangs. It's about poor girls who don't appreciate it when they get it. It's about becoming rude and obnoxious and treating other people badly once their social status rises.

Now, you're new here, so I'll cut you some slack. You don't know me, whereas most of the people here do. So my comment "I'll be riding that ***** like a bucking bronco" was a joke based on a long history here.

To take your point on, I'd like to ask you to explain how writing an offensive comment about an anonymous woman in a forum she doesn't read is anywhere near on a par with abusing someone's feelings for monetary gain?

You wrote they are equally bad. But I disagree. The woman involved is not offended because she didn't read the comment and while sitting with her, I gave no indication I find her lifestyle distasteful. However, she is lying and cheating and using sex to manipulate someone (a 26 year old Swiss guy) into sending huge amounts of money to Thailand. She doesn't fullfil her end of the bargain - presumably he is under the impression that the money guarantees fidelity. The fact is she isn't faithful and is therefore taking the money under false pretexts. I further think that the guy probably loves her and thinks SHE loves him. At some point in the future, he will find out that his entire relationship is a sham... Is that really the same as writing sexist comments online?

You wrote they are equally bad. But I disagree. The woman involved is not offended because she didn't read the comment and while sitting with her, I gave no indication I find her lifestyle distasteful. However, she is lying and cheating and using sex to manipulate someone (a 26 year old Swiss guy) into sending huge amounts of money to Thailand. She doesn't fullfil her end of the bargain - presumably he is under the impression that the money guarantees fidelity. The fact is she isn't faithful and is therefore taking the money under false pretexts. I further think that the guy probably loves her and thinks SHE loves him. At some point in the future, he will find out that his entire relationship is a sham... Is that really the same as writing sexist comments online?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!

35,000 is not just a little above the average Thai salary. The average Thai salary for someone without a degree is less than 10,000 baht per month. That's nearly 400% more than the average Thai salary.

it's difficult to get a handle on what an average thai salary really is ... a lot of companies pay bonuses and allowances to keep the basic salary low .... and possibly to avoid tax and social security costs !!!

but .... minimum wage in BKK is 215 baht/day which is around 5,500 baht a month for working an 8 hour day, 6 days a week !!

in Roi Et it's 166 baht/day which equates to about 4,200 baht a month .... now that can be increased with OT and bonuses ... but it ain't a lot of ******* money !!!

it's difficult to get a handle on what an average thai salary really is ... a lot of companies pay bonuses and allowances to keep the basic salary low .... and possibly to avoid tax and social security costs !!!

hmm taxes is not the reason kha. Once it's your income, you must pay. Last Dec. I almost faint... taxes symdrome, ppl said "be proud, it mean you are rich" grrrrrr....

The reason that they keep basic salary low, cuz it's the base of bonus, and intensive pay...

Guest SFJoseph108

I'm not saying your comment is equally as bad as taking advantage of someone's generosity and care. Not at all. What I mean is the thinking behind it and the selfish motivation is the same - it's self serving and with little respect to the other party. If it's a joke, then I can appreciate it.

But, a lot of guys I see in Thailand really don't respect the women they're with either, so it goes both ways. Seems to me there are a lot of guys throwing cash around so they can get laid, so of course there are going to be lots of women stepping up to take advantage of that.

I guess the "good guys" (haha) can't tell the difference between a gold digger and an honest woman. I've read stories about women who have 3-4 guys from different countries and they rotate through them to get lots of cash. Fun.

There are plenty of girls out there manipulating guys for financial rewards. Whereas I can understand having a 'sugar daddy', I can't condone cheating on that guy. A man's wealth is part of his appeal. If he uses his wealth to bag a hot chick, fair play to him - it doesn't necessarily mean she's a gold-digger. Financial security is important to women from all nations. There's also the 'fun' aspect... life is more exciting with some money behind you - parties, holidays, excursions. Wealth gives you more opportunities.

However, if a girl is dating a 'sugar daddy' but keeping another lover (or more) at the same time, it's cheating. Plain and simple, no extenuating cirsumstances. The sugar daddy will feel just as betrayed as a poor guy would in the same situation, maybe more so because of the lack of gratitude.

Are you sure that's what you meant? That a woman who is equal to a man has no ambition? Because they've reached the pinnacle?

Do you mean, "Women who want to be on on par with men have no aspiration."? That would be a feminist perspective.

Thank you teacher, sounds good...

Some times ago, I have had a chace to share dinner table with one Isaan Princess at Tony Roma. She attached with a retired boss of Tetra Pak and I, as a friend of his younger brother.

First meeting, she was trying to talk with her bf ( the boss) kept him occupied, but when we got the table, the gentlemen started talking and sometime we lost, so I made the conversation with her. Its my fault (lol), most of the words from her were only about how rich, how jai-dee of her bf, even her kid broke his crystal glass which cost 1,500b while washing it he didnt mad at all...blah.. blah.. and many more things. (despite all her accessaries at that night are big bold gold )

Besides, she tried to digged my background up if I knew some of her friends, Havent you really worked as hairs dresser in soi ..somewhere sukhumvit ! ! ! !

I think, this is so weak weak point of someone who are from poor family background (which mostly are from Isaan), once they have some they want to tell the world that they have. As you can see the big fancy house in the middle of rice farm in Isaan, all they want just big and be notable.

I have heard someone said " good taste or good life style couldnt be bought " , it's probably true !

35,000 is not just a little above the average Thai salary. The average Thai salary for someone without a degree is less than 10,000 baht per month. That's nearly 400% more than the average Thai salary.

That's pretty low income. As I remember approx 20 years ago the average was about the same as you say, Bill. If the number is correct, doesn't that mean Thai economy is going nowhere? What is average salary for a 9-5 job for a person with a normal degree (by normal degree I mean not those professions like engineers, nurses, doctors) in TH nowadays?

There are plenty of girls out there manipulating guys for financial rewards. Whereas I can understand having a 'sugar daddy', I can't condone cheating on that guy. A man's wealth is part of his appeal. If he uses his wealth to bag a hot chick, fair play to him - it doesn't necessarily mean she's a gold-digger. Financial security is important to women from all nations. There's also the 'fun' aspect... life is more exciting with some money behind you - parties, holidays, excursions. Wealth gives you more opportunities.

However, if a girl is dating a 'sugar daddy' but keeping another lover (or more) at the same time, it's cheating. Plain and simple, no extenuating cirsumstances. The sugar daddy will feel just as betrayed as a poor guy would in the same situation, maybe more so because of the lack of gratitude.

It couldn't be better....!

That's pretty low income. As I remember approx 20 years ago the average was about the same as you say, Bill. If the number is correct, doesn't that mean Thai economy is going nowhere? What is average salary for a 9-5 job for a person with a normal degree (by normal degree I mean not those professions like engineers, nurses, doctors) in TH nowadays?

actually, not only go nowhere, p'Nicky... I feel like we got less salary, cuz cost of living is higher but income moving nowhere.

Remember though, most people don't have degrees. Here's some numbers some Thai friends have told me.

7-11 Clerk: 7,000 baht per month

Waitress in a farang food restaurant: 8,000 baht

Bartender / Cashier in a most bars on Sukhumvit 7,000 baht per month

Retail clerk in MBK or similar sort of mall (with STRONG English skills): 12,000 - 15,000

Office job with degree 15,000 - 20,000

According to the CIA Factbook, more than 50% of Thailand's GDP is in exports and agricultural exports makes up the bulk of that. And considering Thailand's huge inefficiencies in the production of their key agricultural exports like rice that means that a huge chunk of the Thai workforce is committed to low paying jobs. This is why the average is so low.

Here is a link to a site that gives average wages in different jobs in Thailand:

http://www.worldsalaries.org/thailand.shtml

BTW, another interesting fact is that Thailand ranks 103rd in the world in terms of percentage of GDP spent on education.

Oh, and I just ran across this infographic from the Bangkok Post. Interesting facts in here too.

fact01.jpg

Notice the average salary by sector and also take into note that 26,792,000 out of 36,872,000 workers in the Thai workforce do not have a university degree. That's roughly 70% of the population does not hold a degree and this being Thailand you need a university degree for jobs as menial as working as sales clerk in Siam Paragon.

Thanks Bill. That's very good info.

I think someone should do a study or statistic of how many dollars/Euros/(or even Danish kroner) are sent to Thailand yearly. That money is pretty much out of record and I believe more than 80% of Thai women living abroad are sending money to their family monthly. I know a woman here, she owns a hot-dog stand and she told me that she send money to her family approx 40000bth monthly and every time she visits her family in 101, she will bring approx 200000-500000 to her family. But this woman is a hard working woman and she sends her own money to her family not the money from her old-retired farang husband. Bless her! :D

I think someone should do a study or statistic of how many dollars/Euros/(or even Danish kroner) are sent to Thailand yearly. That money is pretty much out of record and I believe more than 80% of Thai women living abroad are sending money to their family monthly. I know a woman here, she owns a hot-dog stand and she told me that she send money to her family approx 40000bth monthly and every time she visits her family in 101, she will bring approx 200000-500000 to her family. But this woman is a hard working woman and she sends her own money to her family not the money from her old-retired farang husband. Bless her! :D

That kind of thing happens all over the world. A lot of Mexicans come to the US either legally or illegally and send back tons of money back to Mexico. Some estimates put it as a nice chunk of the nation's GDP. I'm sure if you picked a county and looked at their recent immigrant population they are probably sending a nice chunk of change back to their home country.

slightly off topic.. but just for fun.

Got the number of how many Thai in DK from Danish's Statistik bank (it's very decent place to find all kind of statistic about DK)

thai.jpg

So, there were 9525 Thai in DK in April 2011. Let me just say 80% of them send 30000 bth to TH monthly. That makes 2743200000 bth/year. Beautiful number!!!

(yes, I have nothing better to do today)

actually, not only go nowhere, p'Nicky... I feel like we got less salary, cuz cost of living is higher but income moving nowhere.

I think it's pretty much the same everywhere Nong1. Cost of living here is getting higher too and most companies are trying to save every krone. Some hospitals even let go nurses.

When I came to DK the price of postal was 3 kroner and this year is up to 8 kroner. Almost 300% up but my salary wasn't 300% up. Darn!!! Most of letters from authorities are sent as e-post, including salary sheet, taxes and so on.

Anyway, I can see that Thai people spend a lot for unnecessary thingies. When iPhone4 was on the market, Thai people queued up for it while in DK they have to beg you to buy.

And also money that Thai people donate to each (famous) temple in Thailand. Only wat Luang Phor Khoon alone in Korat 100-200 MB. a month is so easy to make..