The Isaan Princess

admin

it's difficult to get a handle on what an average thai salary really is ... a lot of companies pay bonuses and allowances to keep the basic salary low .... and possibly to avoid tax and social security costs !!!

but .... minimum wage in BKK is 215 baht/day which is around 5,500 baht a month for working an 8 hour day, 6 days a week !!

in Roi Et it's 166 baht/day which equates to about 4,200 baht a month .... now that can be increased with OT and bonuses ... but it ain't a lot of ******* money !!!

Before I left to USA in year 2009. I had to spend B120 to work, with skytrain, motorcycle and Jeepny. To go and back from work. If you work 6days/ week (half day in the afternoon) That would be 24days/month which means almost B3,000month just to commute!

Left alone, food, the rent, utilities, groceries etc. Even you made B15,000/month. You almost save nothing!

Some company even offer very low basic salary. Then add cost of living one and two WTF? So that when they calculate OT or bonus will base on your basic salary.

Reading the stories posted here makes me hesitant to go to Pattaya. Back in April 2011 I met a girl in Pattaya who claims she a "good girl" from Isan. She is now my gf and I am planning to marry her. How do I find out whether she loves me or just loves my money. I am 45 and she is 21. I don't mind sending her some money (300 USD) every month but I do mind being a cash cow for her.

So, you are somewhere else and she is there in Pattaya?

What does she do when you keep sending her money?

Does sending money is the way to express love?

What's about if you never sent her a dime, will she love you?

It's pretty simple. Stop sending her money, and see if she stays with you. Most dudes in your situation won't be able to do that and will get sucked into her sob story/guilt trip.

You know what you need to do, and asking us probably won't push you to do the right thing (as hard as we may try). You just gotta do it yourself.

Before I left to USA in year 2009. I had to spend B120 to work, with skytrain, motorcycle and Jeepny. To go and back from work. If you work 6days/ week (half day in the afternoon) That would be 24days/month which means almost B3,000month just to commute!

Left alone, food, the rent, utilities, groceries etc. Even you made B15,000/month. You almost save nothing!

Some company even offer very low basic salary. Then add cost of living one and two WTF? So that when they calculate OT or bonus will base on your basic salary.

This is why in this class of income everyone in the family has to go to work to generate a decent family income. Sometimes I really wonder how some families can survive!

I was in "Peaceful Communication" Class once, we had to play card of feelings and wanting. The feelings were written on the card, we just pick up what we feel and what we want from those feelings. A guy in my group asked me out of track question. "Neung, if you are in relationship with someone, what do you want from your man. I picked the cards, "Happiness", "comfortable", "convinience", "Secure". He was so surprise, "What about love Neung? Don't you want he love you?" I said "Nope, I'm such a material girl. In my life I was poor when I was young. Look at me now I ranaway from that. Only love isn't my answer, I will stay with person who make me happy, feel good, I don't wanna work hard alone, that guy should work together with me raise up our family.

This is why in this class of income everyone in the family has to go to work to generate a decent family income. Sometimes I really wonder how some families can survive!

Unfortunately, not everyone in the family does work and this is part of the problem. I'm not suggesting that you put grandma out in the fields to work or anything but you can tell the chance for financial prosperity of a family based on the number of deadbeats in it.

If you have brothers, uncles, sisters, etc who just mooch off of the family the family has zero chance of ever bettering their lot in life. Often they send one or two kids down to Bangkok or Rayong to work to send money back home but they can't support multiple people on that salary.