All Sports Greatest clips...

GoodKarma

Attention: All Sports Fans

5820260509_5cf469e2b0.jpg

Post your favorite most exciting sports play or highlight.. Post greatest sports video clips Old or New..

All sports welcome...

American football, English football, rugby, baseball, hockey, basketball, cricket, golf, ping pong etc..

Special Note:TF ladies this Forum is not just for the Fellas... Don't be shy feel free to contribute as well

• 2 weeks later...
Owen Mulligan from my home town scoring a screamer against the jackeens in croke park !!!

I thought a screamer was a mark not a goal, at least here down under that is.

My boys (Carlton) have got a very promising youngster from Ireland ; Zach Tuohy

Here's the lad's first AFL goal and hopefully many more to come,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWm2NGUMwqE

I thought a screamer was a mark not a goal, at least here down under that is.

My boys (Carlton) have got a very promising youngster from Ireland ; Zach Tuohy

Here's the lad's first AFL goal and hopefully many more to come,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWm2NGUMwqE

yeah but we don't have marks in GAA ... quite a few young irish lads r heading to Oz now and could get worse with the economic situation the way it is in Ireland.

Owen Mulligan the lad in the video has been to Australia a few times already and him and his brother (as far as I can remember) hold some kind of scoring record in the Australian GAA championship final .... must try and google it up !!!

Eoin Mulligan

Irish Visa PlayerFrom the Fr Rocks club in Cookstown, Co. Tyrone. Debuted for Shamrocks only weeks after winning the All-Ireland Under 21 Championship with Co. Tyrone. Set Shamrocks records for highest score in a game (stood for three years), most points in a game (stood for two years), and most goals in a game (stood for one year). Scored a hat-trick of goals in a game - remarkably in the same match as older brother Stephen Mulligan. Finished as Stephen and Eoin Mulligan with the 2000 Queensland Championship trophy Shamrocks third-leading scorer with 7 goals 29 points in limited appearances. Scored 2-5 on debut, then 3-6 in his second match. Key member of the Shamrocks' 2000 Championship-winning team.

Stephen Mulligan

Queensland representative playerIrish Visa PlayerFrom the Fr Rocks club in Cookstown, Co. Tyrone. Set Shamrocks records for highest score in a season, most goals in a season, and once held most goals in a game. Scored two hat-tricks of goals. Played the full 2000 season and finished as Shamrocks leading scorer with 13 goals 24 points. Played for Queensland in 2000 against the touring Allied Irish Bank Club that included a string of Inter-county stars. Assisted as mens team coach, contributing significantly to Shamrocks winning the 2000 Senior Queensland Championship.

http://www.reocities.com/shamrocksgfc/news12.html#final

Shamrocks win an historic Queensland Championship

28 August 2000 - Shamrocks won the Queensland Gaelic Football Championship for only the second time over the weekend.

Stephen and Eoin Mulligan with the Queensland Championship trophyBrisbane’s western suburbs club comprehensively beat Souths by 8 points at Gaelic Park, Willawong, to secure only their second senior Championship in the 20-year history of the club.

Shamrocks won 3-14 to 2-9 after leading by just one point at half time.

The scoring was led by the Mulligan brothers, Stephen and Eion (pictured left), from County Tyrone in Ireland. They combined for a championship-winning 2 goals 10 points – enough to have won the game on their own.

Eoin Mulligan’s 8 points equalled the club single-game point scoring record. See the Club Statistical Records

Shamrocks’ defence was the launch pad for the historic win. All of the defence played superbly, led by County Galway’s Alan Colleran who withstood constant pressure at centre back. Team captain Dan Fraser was constantly driving the ball into attack from midfield.

Steve Talbot and the Championship cupIn addition to the talented Mulligan brothers, Steve Talbot (pictured right) at centre forward was a constant danger with 1 goal 2 points.

Shamrocks may have won more trophies than any other Gaelic Football club in Queensland over the last 20 years, but Championship wins have been rare.

The Senior victory over the weekend adds to the Senior title won in 1995, the Reserves success in 1999, and the Under 18 championship of 1993. See Queensland Title winners

Shamrocks have their annual awards presentation this Friday 1st September, and are immediately searching for new players in the mens, ladies and junior divisions for 2001.

Wow this goal really did the US in at the Rose Bowl, where 93,420 gathered to see this Saturday’s CONCACAF Gold Cup final,

This is the second time in three years that the U.S. has squandered a 2-0 lead to lose a cup final. The other one was in the 2009 at the Confederations Cup against Brazil. I'm a bit optimistic, at least they are reaching cup finals. However, it's embarrassing that they can't finish off their opponents and win the tournaments. One good thing is that, at least Freddy Adu, started this game and got some playing time. Adu also had a hand in setting up the first goal. Adu has only played like 30 minutes for the US in the last 2 years.

Just in the middle of reading Bestie.... George Best's biography. (Thanks Ciaran)

The foreword simply says "Genius does what it must, talent does what it can."

The thing that set (early) Georgie apart was his dedication to training. He was constantly the first on the training field and the last to leave. He idolised Bobby Charlton who had learnt to play with both feet (after injury weakened one side). Georgie, however, did everything he could to ensure he could play equally well with both feet.

He also practised endlessly - he once spent 2 weeks practising scoring directly from corner kicks from both sides. He then went on to perform the trick in a game and people thought it was a fluke.

Just in the middle of reading Bestie.... George Best's biography. (Thanks Ciaran)

The foreword simply says "Genius does what it must, talent does what it can."

The thing that set (early) Georgie apart was his dedication to training. He was constantly the first on the training field and the last to leave. He idolised Bobby Charlton who had learnt to play with both feet (after injury weakened one side). Georgie, however, did everything he could to ensure he could play equally well with both feet.

He also practised endlessly - he once spent 2 weeks practising scoring directly from corner kicks from both sides. He then went on to perform the trick in a game and people thought it was a fluke.

Best was a God on the pitch. Such a shame he squandered his talent. Still an all time legend though.

It's a great book and I'm still at the part where he's playing beautiful football.

What I really love is that I can Youtube the goals mentioned in the book and see exactly how brilliant they were.

Wow that guy was quick and beyond awesome on the field. I like the part of the clip where the keeper was trying to kick the ball off and best steals the ball in mid air and then even scores a goal. Now that must have been an all time embarrassing moment for that goalies career. Thx for sharing the clip, very enjoyable.

Wow that guy was quick and beyond awesome on the field. I like the part of the clip where the keeper was trying to kick the ball off and best steals the ball in mid air and then even scores a goal. Now that must have been an all time embarrassing moment for that goalies career. Thx for sharing the clip, very enjoyable.

The goal was disallowed.

Although at that time, it was legal to harass goalkeepers.

When Bestie asked why the goal was disallowed, the ref didn't know. Later he said it was because George's boot has too high.

It's a great book and I'm still at the part where he's playing beautiful football.

What I really love is that I can Youtube the goals mentioned in the book and see exactly how brilliant they were.

i've got a dvd on Best as well .... it's pretty good, u can borrow it sometime also !!

if i remember correctly Best was initally right footed .... he said he played entire games using only his left foot to strengthen it ... ended up being equally as good with either foot. the guy was a genuis with a football at his feet .... unfortunately not so clever with a glass/bottle in his hand !!!

The goal was disallowed.

Although at that time, it was legal to harass goalkeepers.

When Bestie asked why the goal was disallowed, the ref didn't know. Later he said it was because George's boot has too high.

BTW...

Bestie's long sporty sideburns were cracking me up. I know back then that look was normal..LOL.. Just funny to look at. I will have to check out that book it sounds like an interesting read.

However, sport is that way, every decade or so you get a player or so that rules the field or court. One that you just can't wait to watch their next game to see them in action like Gordie Howe or Gretzky etc.

Not comparing but in basketball long before Jordan, Larry Bird or Magic Johnson. There was a player named Pistol Pete Maravich that would also make incredible shots from out of nowhere and crazy passes. He also of course was playing way before I was born but I get a kick out of watching his clips on Youtube and just as bestie the guy was also unbelievable but with the basketball.

Hey check out the clip...

and yeah these guys have long sideburns too...LOL

if i remember correctly Best was initally right footed .... he said he played entire games using only his left foot to strengthen it ... ended up being equally as good with either foot. the guy was a genuis with a football at his feet .... unfortunately not so clever with a glass/bottle in his hand !!!

I remember seeing a video once, where in full flight, he went to volley the ball with one foot, changed his mind, and volleyed with his other foot.

On his private life, and drinking, this supposedly true story sums it up:

Best often told the story of a bellboy who entered his hotel room with breakfast in the late 1970s. Seeing Best in bed with Mary Stavin, the current Miss World, a bottle of champagne and several thousand pounds of cash won from a night's gambling, the youth exclaimed, "George, where did it all go wrong?"

On his private life, and drinking, this supposedly true story sums it up:

Best often told the story of a bellboy who entered his hotel room with breakfast in the late 1970s. Seeing Best in bed with Mary Stavin, the current Miss World, a bottle of champagne and several thousand pounds of cash won from a night's gambling, the youth exclaimed, "George, where did it all go wrong?"

yep ... but the porter had it right IMO. Best had probably more natural talent than Pele, Maradonna or whoever (although it's difficult to judge sportsman from different eras) but he was finished/washed up by 27 when he should have been at the peak of his powers !!

with Best so much is what he could have done, what he could have acheived ... and yeah it did go all wrong !!