Can you help me to correct this...?

Nuchariya

There were a twin in my class 2 years ago .One day one of them had a runny nose and it fell down almost touched his upper lip while he was doing something in front of me,he licked it,so I told him "Don't do like that..".He stopped and listen to me..then the other twin looked at me and said .."Yesss teacher!!!cause it's not delicious..it's bloody salty!!"

I hope maybe you will help me to correct it ..like punctuation ..grammar and words ..Thanks :)

There were a twin in my class 2 years ago .One day one of them had a runny nose and it fell down almost touched his upper lip while he was doing something in front of me,he licked it,so I told him "Don't do like that..".He stopped and listen to me..then the other twin looked at me and said .."Yesss teacher!!!cause it's not delicious..it's bloody salty!!"

I hope maybe you will help me to correct it ..like punctuation ..grammar and words ..Thanks :)

Two years ago I had twins in my class. One day one of them had a runny nose and it dripped down almost touching his upper lip. He licked it and I told him "Don't do that." He stopped but the other twin said "Yes, teacher! Because it's not delicious. It's bloody salty."

I'm not sure if that last quote from the twin makes sense in English. I'm assuming you're translating the Thai? Maybe if you can describe more about what they were saying I can make the quote make better sense in English.

Two ******* years ago I had these tosspot twins in my class!!!! One day one of these fuckers had a runny bloody nose and it dripped down almost touching his skanky upper lip!!!! He only ******* licked it and I told him "Don't do that!!!!!!!!!!!" He stopped but the other ******* twin said "Yes, teacher!!!!!! Because it's ******* rank. It's tastes like ****!!!!!!"

Ciarans version.

ciaran's real verison ... 2 years ago had ******* twins in my class .... one was a snotty nosed little **** !!!

• 7 months later...

When English conversation is written, the spoken parts are always preceded by a comma. So:

There were twins in my class two years ago. One day one of them had a runny nose and it fell down, almost touching his upper lip while he was doing something in front of me. He licked it so I told him, "Don't do that." He stopped and listened to me. Then the other twin looked at me and said, "Yes teacher! ‘Cause it's not delicious, it's bloody salty!"

In written English there is no real place for three periods in a row (...) except perhaps to indicate a pause in conversation. It is a modern device used to attempt to capture the rhythm of spoken English. Much like the hyphen ( - ) which is now used in ways that were never intended.

Also numbers are generally written as one, two three until ten and then as a number (11, 12 etc.).

Multiple exclamation marks are another modern device which is gaining popularity. However, the exclamation mark is a device to indicate surprise, excitement or shock, to emphasise the statement or to indicate an imperative. Generally one is enough!

When words are contracted, the apostrophe ( ‘ ) is used (don’t). Thus, above, the word is because, but is contracted and spoken as ‘cause, so the apostrophe indicates the contraction (‘Cause).

It is either, 'There was a twin in my class' or 'There were twins in my class'.

But remember, please, that English is an evolving language, and is being pushed by SMS and the internet into new directions, particularly where punctuation is concerned. While there may be some general expectations regarding the use of punctuation, these are not set in concrete. This is one of the beauties of English as a language and one of the many reasons why it may evolve into a truly world language.

Hope this helps.

When English conversation is written, the spoken parts are always preceded by a comma. So:

There were twins in my class two years ago. One day one of them had a runny nose and it fell down, almost touching his upper lip while he was doing something in front of me. He licked it so I told him, "Don't do that." He stopped and listened to me. Then the other twin looked at me and said, "Yes teacher! ‘Cause it's not delicious, it's bloody salty!"

In written English there is no real place for three periods in a row (...) except perhaps to indicate a pause in conversation. It is a modern device used to attempt to capture the rhythm of spoken English. Much like the hyphen ( - ) which is now used in ways that were never intended.

Also numbers are generally written as one, two three until ten and then as a number (11, 12 etc.).

Multiple exclamation marks are another modern device which is gaining popularity. However, the exclamation mark is a device to indicate surprise, excitement or shock, to emphasise the statement or to indicate an imperative. Generally one is enough!

When words are contracted, the apostrophe ( ‘ ) is used (don’t). Thus, above, the word is because, but is contracted and spoken as ‘cause, so the apostrophe indicates the contraction (‘Cause).

It is either, 'There was a twin in my class' or 'There were twins in my class'.

But remember, please, that English is an evolving language, and is being pushed by SMS and the internet into new directions, particularly where punctuation is concerned. While there may be some general expectations regarding the use of punctuation, these are not set in concrete. This is one of the beauties of English as a language and one of the many reasons why it may evolve into a truly world language.

Hope this helps.

Nominee for most helpful newbie on the site!

Great explanation of some of the complexities in the English language.