Amy Walker with her English in 21 accents !!!

Sasie

What do you think? For me, I think Amy is amazing to speak English in 21 accents haha. I only know it's different but I can't distinguish it ;-).

Here is a quote from her link on Youtube.

"Amy Walker does a little tour of 21 accents in 2 1/2 minutes. From the UK and Ireland to Italy, Germany, Czech Republic, Russia, France, Australia, New Zealand, and around North America."

OMG..the many personalities are taking over; help her, help her...LOL

Yes she's very good. I agree no one will ever mimic most accents spot on.

Well my spin on this is: and excuse me if I go astray,

Just as Hollywood mimics accents in more of a water down version and not 'heavy' or 'thick'; IMO it is probably to give the viewer not a stereotypical portrayal of the peoples of that environment portrayed, but more of an easier to digest comprehensive feeling that they are actually watching someone of that region of the world being portrayed.

IMO It is not really an insult to the worlds many accents and dialects, some accents if portrayed exactly in a heavy or thick manner. The actor or impersonator may be fearful that some folks may or may not catch on what the person is saying.

Impersonation is based mostly on perception, and especially of how the viewer thinks the person or character should sound or even act, in such as manerisms etc. Just as we feel that pirates should say Argh most of the time. Or in the pirates dialect the missing of t's or rolling r's. Is there anyone living that really knows what a pirate sounded like?

Unlike one of my favorite movies Trainspotting based on a novel by Irvine Welsh, very few movies go out on the edge and portray accents in their true form. For the fear that the audience may leave the theater not getting it.

BTW if you read Irvine's book the accents are even heavier. So Hollywood even waters down that dialog in the movie. Welsh's book kinda reminded me of the literary works of a true great American writer, Mark Twain The Adventures of Huck Fin.

I can remember as a kid when I first read them I was grappling with all of the southern dialects and words like 'govment', 'mulatter' etc. IMO the reason why Mark Twain was so revered as a writer is that when you read his books you got the feeling that you were there and actually were a part of that environment that he was writing about.

@Karl - Hahaha I think she's too far to be an actress but she's good to do it in many accents.

In Thai, there are a lot of accents and dialects. My mom is a northern people from Chiang Mai and she can speaks northern language very well even if she rarely speaks with anyone but I can't speak it and it's hard for me to understand. And for northern language, there are a lot of accents which only my mom or native can distinguish such as Chiang Mai accent is the most soft intonation while Chiang Rai is harder. My dad was a central people from Nonthaburi which people there speaks in a standard tone of Thai language so when I hear someone speaks central Thai languge with a rural accent, I know immediately.

I took some time before viewing this video. To be honest, about about 4 of her accents made me slightly giggle. There are much better attempts out there. She tries hard, and has seen a lot of movies, but fails miserably compared to whats out there.

That being said, I can't do a Japanese nor an American accent very well. You should hear my accent from Antarctica though!

@Rob - Ha! Antarctica accent? You're kidding haha. Well why don't you make a vid with you say something before you'll leave Thailand so I'll know how is your accent hehe.

For Amy's accent, I don't know it's good or not but I think it's funny, too especially with her face ^^

She's OK...

My sister used to be an actress and is pretty good at accents.

She and I both had the same system - we had a word that put us into that accent.

eg For Scottish - troosers

For Northern Irish - parliament

For Liverpool - exackly

Once we had that word, we could continue in the accent.

I threw a fagotty German guy out of the restaurant a few weeks ago. I was telling the story to my buddies and had to do a gay, camp Garman accent. I got so good at it, I became Bruno for the rest of the evening, telling all the girls I was a photographer from Hamburg. At one point a girl asked me if I could speak Thai... And so I was speaking Thai in a gay German accent... That was REALLY hard!

@ Rob, I agree she's not the best that I have ever seen..but I would have to give her cred for her attempts. It's funny there are actually a few British actors that do great American English dialog in movies. Hugh Laurie and Bob Hoskins. Not to mention New Zealand born Aussie actors. Sam Neil and Russell Crowe.

@ Iain, I had kinda guess that she was into acting. Besides a Linguist those are usually only people that are interested in foreign accents.

@ Dave, dude that is some funny shiat... or at least getting the visual of that incident is..Rotf...

I really love strong Russian English speaking accent , especially spoken by female. I would love to hear them speak all day and night

I think Barbell is available!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky youuuuuuu

and a bonus...his interesting political views! how ever ---> Hitler is Kaput!!