Google+ Social Networking

Admin_2

google-plus.top.jpg

So Google is coming out with this product designed to take down Facebook. If anyone had the power to do that right now, Google is it. It looks pretty cool, yet very similar. The main difference is that you are really allowed to group your contacts into specific categories (co-workers, nightlife buddies, young parents, etc.), which isn't done very well on Facebook.

I for one would be really happy if something came out that actually rivaled Facebook. I hate getting on there and seeing all of these posts either complaining about their love life or boasting about how rich and successful they are. The only rule on Facebook that I ever made was that I had to have met the person at least once in real life to call them a Facebook friend (or if they were really hot I could make an exception or five). That was a big mistake, and I'm too lazy to go and delete Facebook non-friends.

If the groups thing does really pan out the way they say it will, I'm all for giving Google+ a try. Check it out here. You can change the language settings at the bottom right.

And here is an article explaining more about Google+ functions.

I'd be much more inclined to try Google+ than I would most other social networking ideas.

1, I use google products already.

2, It will have had quite a bit of money pumped into the project.

I would love to see Facebook get a rival. I have never seen what the big deal is about it except the "getting in touch with friends you chose to not contact way back when and now have a sudden interest in what videos they post on their wall" factor.

I'd be much more inclined to try Google+ than I would most other social networking ideas.

1, I use google products already.

2, It will have had quite a bit of money pumped into the project.

I would love to see Facebook get a rival. I have never seen what the big deal is about it except the "getting in touch with friends you chose to not contact way back when and now have a sudden interest in what videos they post on their wall" factor.

From what I've read, it's an exact clone of Facebook, but with more organization and hopefully more privacy.

The major flaw with FB is that all it does is create a circle of your existing friends. I just saw someone today, ahem a TF member, threaten to unfriend anybody who said anything that upset her. My brother just sent me a message today that anybody who is still friends on FB with his ex-wife (which he didn't even bother to announce their breakup to anybody) would be unfriended because supposedly she's using the FB streams of his friends to "spy" on him. I had someone, another TF member, tell me she wanted to unfriend me because after being tagged for the XXnth time in a video/photo I wasn't in I told her that I thought she was an attention whore. I have another "friend" who posts 50 or so status updates a day, none of them her own thoughts (usually RT or quotes from famous people), who responds to about 1% of her posts when other people reply.

FB has some good things about it too. I have connected with a lot of old friends from high school and such but it's a horrible medium for meeting new people.

The main difference is that you are really allowed to group your contacts into specific categories (co-workers, nightlife buddies, young parents, etc.), which isn't done very well on Facebook.

Why do you think so? In FB, you can create your own categories and put people there, even in more than one (e.g. "girls I shagged" and "co-workers" ;) ).

The major flaw with FB is that all it does is create a circle of your existing friends. I just saw someone today, ahem a TF member, threaten to unfriend anybody who said anything that upset her. My brother just sent me a message today that anybody who is still friends on FB with his ex-wife (which he didn't even bother to announce their breakup to anybody) would be unfriended because supposedly she's using the FB streams of his friends to "spy" on him. I had someone, another TF member, tell me she wanted to unfriend me because after being tagged for the XXnth time in a video/photo I wasn't in I told her that I thought she was an attention *****. I have another "friend" who posts 50 or so status updates a day, none of them her own thoughts (usually RT or quotes from famous people), who responds to about 1% of her posts when other people reply.

FB has some good things about it too. I have connected with a lot of old friends from high school and such but it's a horrible medium for meeting new people.

Looking at your first paragraph, FB really is a hotbed of morons. I see it every day on my profile and already banned all the messages about X having fed a poor calf at farmville and Y having killed 25 rivals in mafiawars. I also can't see the benefit of posting my current status of mind via iPhone while sitting in a bus or posting 1238 pics of the last party I attended (having said that, exactly this also might hamper your professional career because a prospective boss will not like someone grinning in a cam with 4.5%o alcohol bubbling out of his eyes and also might get some troubles with some friends because they also might not like to be publicly shown in a state close to Nirvana). And anyone who wants to "unfriend" me is welcome to do so.

But still, I found some people I have not heard of for ages, so this is the reason why I'm still there, although I rarely interact with them through FB.

Why do you think so? In FB, you can create your own categories and put people there, even in more than one (e.g. "girls I shagged" and "co-workers" ;) ).

yeah, I put some (ok, all bar 2) family members in a category & they can't see ****! lol. One of them sent me a message the other day asking why they could only see my "info" hahahaha :)

The major flaw with FB is that all it does is create a circle of your existing friends. I just saw someone today, ahem a TF member, threaten to unfriend anybody who said anything that upset her. My brother just sent me a message today that anybody who is still friends on FB with his ex-wife (which he didn't even bother to announce their breakup to anybody) would be unfriended because supposedly she's using the FB streams of his friends to "spy" on him. I had someone, another TF member, tell me she wanted to unfriend me because after being tagged for the XXnth time in a video/photo I wasn't in I told her that I thought she was an attention *****. I have another "friend" who posts 50 or so status updates a day, none of them her own thoughts (usually RT or quotes from famous people), who responds to about 1% of her posts when other people reply.

That sounds a lot like TF 555555

Yeah on FB, you can block someone who you don't like to see his/her request as friend. Or set a privacy how many people you wanna let them know your status, link or message you post (it's easier if you group your friend). Or hide some of your friend status especially who always updates single pictures or silly status each day. I've learned a lot of tricks by myself and from this link. And I can find many good tricks in English to use FB such as from dummies.

Moreover, no matter how's good of technology, human is always the same haha. You will find a lot of similar things at new social networking;).

Google think that they own the internet. They can't stand the fact that they don't own Facebook and have tried several times to enter the social networking arena. There last effort was 'Google Buzz' and it was an epic failure. I hope their +1 is also a big fat fail because Google piss me off by getting their greedy fingers into everything. I wish they'd just stick to what they used to do best, which is to just be a search engine.

There are many things I don't like about Facebook, particularly the privacy issues. But Facebook is a great site.

It looks pretty cool, yet very similar. The main difference is that you are really allowed to group your contacts into specific categories (co-workers, nightlife buddies, young parents, etc.), which isn't done very well on Facebook.

I have to admit that their 'circles' feature sounds great. You're right... Facebook don't do this very well.

BTW, Facebook is planning something 'awesome'....

Chief Executive and founder Mark Zuckerberg told reporters in a visit to Facebook's Seattle office on Wednesday that the company planned to "launch something awesome" next week.

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/30/us-facebook-idUSTRE75T55S20110630

Time travel perhaps?