Can you be friends with people who have different political views than you?

Yes... But with the proviso I noticed that all my friends share my feelings towards this last election in Thailand.

However, I am friends with Ciaran and Stramash and they are left wing, whiny communists, whereas I am a jack-booted fascist thug. I never get offended by their stupid political points of view. But I can't believe they support Arsenal!

Yes... But with the proviso I noticed that all my friends share my feelings towards this last election in Thailand.

However, I am friends with Ciaran and Stramash and they are left wing, whiny communists, whereas I am a jack-booted fascist thug. I never get offended by their stupid political points of view. But I can't believe they support Arsenal!

and this coming from a guy who get his political agenda from jeremy ******* clarkson !!!! hahahaha !!

I LOVE Jeremy Clarkson!

Did you read that book yet?

yep .. finished it already. was alright, funny enough and lightweight easy reading. but i can't believe he's written 4 books like that and they've all been best sellers !!

and he does come across as a bit of a knuckle dragger !!! but as a multi millionaire i'm sure he doesn't give a **** what i think !!!

Well I've my old uni. friend who gives support to Thaksin & Yingluck. All we do is to avoid talking about politicals. I once sent mail to her to tell her stop sending forward mail how's good of Thaksin. She's my good friend while she's a red shirt T__T

I am actually slightly to the right of Stalin these days. I believe there should be caps on immigration, people on state benefits long term should be made to do community service (unless they have a genuine health complaint) and that women on methadone should be forced to use contraception. I also believe that the UK should invade France and Belgium so we have somewhere to dump our toxic waste...

I am actually slightly to the right of Stalin these days. I believe there should be caps on immigration, people on state benefits long term should be made to do community service (unless they have a genuine health complaint) and that women on methadone should be forced to use contraception. I also believe that the UK should invade France and Belgium so we have somewhere to dump our toxic waste...

See? You're coming around. Soon you'll be reading Mr Clarkson and the Daily Mail too.

You know, Hitler made a mistake picking the Jews to eradicate. If he'd picked Pakistanis or Arabs, I think history wouldn't have judged him so harshly.

See? You're coming around. Soon you'll be reading Mr Clarkson and the Daily Mail too.

You know, Hitler made a mistake picking the Jews to eradicate. If he'd picked Pakistanis or Arabs, I think history wouldn't have judged him so harshly.

Oh I never miss Top Gear. Jezza rocks. But the Daily Mail?? Now you're pushing it a bit. I'm strictly an Express man...

I also believe that the UK should invade France and Belgium so we have somewhere to dump our toxic waste...

Wouldn't it be better the other way round? I mean, polluting a small island always is better than polluting a good part of a continent, isn't it?

Ah, Pascal Sauvage was right and Johnny English was the biggest mistake in Europe's history!

Wouldn't it be better the other way round? I mean, polluting a small island always is better than polluting a good part of a continent, isn't it?

Ah, Pascal Sauvage was right and Johnny English was the biggest mistake in Europe's history!

Well the English are basically Germans with a sprinkling of Danish so yes, you are right. But easier to keep an island clean than a continent. Maybe France and Belgium can pass it down to Austria...

Well the English are basically Germans with a sprinkling of Danish so yes, you are right. But easier to keep an island clean than a continent. Maybe France and Belgium can pass it down to Austria...

Eeeeeyy! It's neither my nor any other Austrian's fault that Hannover, Sachsen Coburg and Battenberg mixed with the islanders over there!

And if you want to take revenge on France for having been conquered by Guilhelme le Batard (William the Bastard - well, he was!) in 1066, it's ok but I could not imagine many fields of a tournament you would be better than them: Food? Nope! Climate? Gosh! Football? Not since long! Castles? Ok, that's a draw, although yours are much more moist than those in France! Conquering other continents, exploiting them and finally leaving them in chaos? Ha, here we are!

;)

Edited by kaunitz

yep .. finished it already. was alright, funny enough and lightweight easy reading. but i can't believe he's written 4 books like that and they've all been best sellers !!

and he does come across as a bit of a knuckle dragger !!! but as a multi millionaire i'm sure he doesn't give a **** what i think !!!

and I went google and ordered for his books because of this. If it's crap I'm gonna make you pay for it!

Seriously, I have friends from all walks of life, political parties, socio-economic backgrounds and races as well. I only talk politics/religion with relatives or close friends. I stay away from discussing these things with acquaintances and I do differentiate between the three. I have found that when you discuss these things with strangers you almost never change their view and usually end up making an enemy. Especially if they are a co-worker etc.

Unlike an acquaintance or a total stranger true friends already have a feel for your beliefs and where you stand or where you are coming from. And NO we all don't see I to I on all political beliefs or philosophies. The majority of my good friends are very open minded, will listen to your points and on occasion will agree with a plausible point or two.

However, I tend to weigh and respect all opinions but....

P.S. You know how the ole' saying goes:

'Opinions are like Azzhules; they all stink and everyone has one'....LOL

and I went google and ordered for his books because of this. If it's crap I'm gonna make you pay for it!

did u read what i said ?? his books r lightweight froth .. easy reading, but no real substance or depth. i read one because Dave lent it to me, but i wouldn't buy one of his books !!!