Hip Hop Culture

Antsal

I would have said they were a sub culture in the same way you might get stamp collectors train spotters, that sort of thing.they develop a little community of themselves in certain ways

a fad or a reaction [good or bad] but well not really a culture, for me that would be something more substantial.

punk was certainly much more interesting than this so called hip hop? which seems to me to be lots of noise and fakeness. the sex pistols had some great stuff. who killed bambi was great!

punk was certainly much more interesting than this so called hip hop? which seems to me to be lots of noise and fakeness. the sex pistols had some great stuff. who killed bambi was great!

u were doing well until u said "who killed bambi was great" !!this was a f**king awful song (IMO) and if memory serves me correctly was sung by tenpole tudor and not the pistols. now the pistols first 3 singles anarchy in the uk,god save the queen and pretty vacant were GREAT punk records ....

i was around for the punk/new wave fad/fashion/culture and loved the music,but hated "i killed bambi" !! loved the pistols, clash, dammed, jam, buzzcocks etc etc. better stop now i'm coming over all nostalgic !!!

Fair enough Ciarnan I was overstating things to say it was great but I always liked it for its outragous whimsical feel to it.

I didnt know if anyone else done this song but I only ever heard it off the sex pistols "greatest rocknroll swindle album" which has made me feel really nostalgic coz Im gonna go into town today and get that allbum. I liked it because of the parody element. have a listen to that version and tell me you still think it is awful?

One song that was great was their version of MY Way and the ones you mentioned

punk had energy and creativity some orginality [i was never into it myself by aprreciated certain aspects from a distance/observation point of view

Fair enough Ciarnan I was overstating things to say it was great but I always liked it for its outragous whimsical feel to it.

I didnt know if anyone else done this song but I only ever heard it off the sex pistols "greatest rocknroll swindle album" which has made me feel really nostalgic coz Im gonna go into town today and get that allbum. I liked it because of the parody element. have a listen to that version and tell me you still think it is awful?

One song that was great was their version of MY Way and the ones you mentioned

punk had energy and creativity some orginality [i was never into it myself by aprreciated certain aspects from a distance/observation point of view

it was tenpole tudor who sang it on the "great rock and roll swindle album" which was released quite some time after the sex pistols broke up and wasn't really a "sex pistols album". i've got the album and it's got some good stuff on it, but some truly dire stuff as well. i can remember getting into punk about 1978 (showing my age now) when my cousin from london came to ireland for a holiday and he had tapes (remember them) of the pistols, clash and jam. really blew me away and was into punk in a big big way after that. used to have 100's of old punk/new waves LP's which i sold when i moved to england in 1986. probably worth a bloody fortune now !!!!

Subculture culture whatever....who cares this whole issue only started when i put my heading hip hop culture in the arts and literature section and sgt pepper for no reason said why is hip hop and culture in the same sentance and why is it in arts and literature.for one hip hop isnt even really about the music hip hop culture is first and formost Graffiti and breakdancing then came the music but the music you here today isnt even really part of the hip hop culture,so as graffiti is an artform in some peoples opinion i decided to put my post in the arts and literature section.sgt pepper needs to chillout and just accept that hip hop is a culture just like he says punk is,which doesnt make sense that he would say that after saying hip hop isnt a culture,hip hop now is what punk was back then.And thaibeast is right punk was all about anarchy and violence just like what most rap is today.and if you listen to the right gangster music it has alot of truth in it,it may sound unbelievable to you but alot of rappers live what they rhyme about....