Nasty Landlord--Sex in Tenant's Room

buddhaguy

In our experience as real estate agents, we've had lots of fascinating experiences and great people--however, some have been tragically disgusting! Last week one of our tenants walked into his room at City Home and found a naked girl lying in his room. He said he thought it was his birthday! Two seconds later, the owner, who is a doctor at several major hospitals(one close to Central World), walked out of the bathroom half dressed with his pants unzipped. The doctor apparently had come into our customer's room and had sex with his college "gik" when our friend Joshua was working. The doctor, who is also a surgeon, then promptly pushed Joshua out of his own room and left him standing in the hallway. Needless to say, our friend Joshua was confused.

Apparently, the doctor has been using Joshua's room to have sex with his young girlfriend(s). It made no sense to Joshua that the doctor has another studio in the building which is empty and available for rent. Shockingly, even though the doctor knew he was 200% wrong, he offered Joshua only half his deposit back and the remainder of the month's rent. Eventually the doctor gave Joshua a full deposit, but only because there was a police officer standing outside the manager's office(in addition to Joshua's warning that he would wipe the good doctor's smug look off his face!).

By the way, there is (or was) security video tape of the good doctor entering Joshua's place. However, since the building mgmt has since decided to help the good doctor rent out his now empty unit, the tape may have mysteriously disappeared!

The doctor now has two studios available for rent in the building (and a 1 bed unit already rented out.) They are both available cheap!(Studio 8K; One bed was 10K). Out of 4 tenants, Joshua is the only one who ever received any deposit back (according to the mgr and association head). The landlord also kept Joshua's friend's advance deposit after the good doctor decided not to rent out the 2nd studio (we paid the guy back). Any one interested?

The room is quite nicely furnished and even has a 32" LCD tv. It also has a great view on a very high floor. The only " catch" is that you will never see your deposit again and that you will have to change your sheets when you come back home everyday(buy lots of toothbrushes). Hurry! Supplies are limited! ;)

Edited by buddhaguy
grammar

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope such a story would happen to me, I would make as much photos and videos as I can and wouldn't have to work anymore because of the bribes, yet finally sending all my evidence to his wife and posting it on social networks :D

or he could just pay 20,000 baht to shut you up...hmmm...hopefully he's not too evil of a doctor!

I just hope such a story would happen to me, I would make as much photos and videos as I can and wouldn't have to work anymore because of the bribes, yet finally sending all my evidence to his wife and posting it on social networks :D

20k would just be the start, I have a feeling that the doctor is good for a lot more. But I'd have to watch out for Tuk Tuk Drivers...

• 9 months later...

hey guys,

I'm looking for a studio apt. in Pattaya for about 1 - 2 months.

I hail from India & my budget would be like 5k - 10k pm (THB)

Any suggestions?

thanx in advance for the inputs.

PS: I'll be travelling alone & hope to find a tour date type person there.

Mate i guess for such a short term and for USD 200 you have to be really lucky to find a studio.

Also you'll have to pay for electricity and water extra.

On the other hand, most of the hotels in the second road area (5-10 minutes walk to Walking Street and beach) offer rooms with balcony, air-con, TV and fridge for 500 Baht. If you rent for two month perhaps you can get a rate 350-400 Baht or even less.

Just what Thailand needs... another cheapskate, broke-ass sex tourist coming to find a 6000 baht a MONTH room and a 'tour-date-type-person'.

I'm only surprised he isn't sharing the room and the tour-date-type-person with 6 of his friends.

And what the **** do you think a 'tour-date-type-person' is? You mean a hooker, right? Or do you think that Pattaya is full of young girls desperate to hang around with bums.

I can see this loser's picture on the front cover of the Pattaya News beaten to **** for trying to welch on paying a beach road crack ***** out of 600 baht.

Mate, thats for the room rent. My total monthly budget is like 500 - 800 USD pm.

I presume, I'd need to spend like $200 pm on the studio

& 300 - 400 USD pm for food

another few hundred for travelling etc.

I really don't think you have enough budget for the trip. Shorten to one month instead of two and double what you're willing to spend.

$500 - $800 per month is 15,000 - 24,000 THB. Let's take the middle point and say you've got 20,000 baht per month to spend.

20,000 THB / 30 days = 666 baht per day.

I've left tips bigger than that :-)

You budget seems completely unrealistic. Even if you only eat street food or buy everything at a 7-11, figure 200 - 300 baht per day in food and beverages. So your 666 baht per day is now down to 366 baht per day for everything else. I really can't see you finding a place anywhere central for under 400 baht per night. And if it's not central, add in the cost of taxis or other transportation to get you into central Pattaya.

Sorry to tell you this but 366 baht is not going to be enough to find yourself a "tour date type person." To be honest, it's not even enough to buy him or her meals. If it costs you 300 baht per day to eat, your tour date type person is going to expect to be compensated in some form. Even if it's only paying for food, s/he isn't going to take you on a tour of Amazing Thailand for street food. They're going to want to eat in a decent restaurant every once in awhile which will probably end up running you triple or quadruple your daily food budget.

Just what Thailand needs... another cheapskate, broke-ass sex tourist coming to find a 6000 baht a MONTH room and a 'tour-date-type-person'.

I'm only surprised he isn't sharing the room and the tour-date-type-person with 6 of his friends.

And what the fuck do you think a 'tour-date-type-person' is? You mean a hooker, right? Or do you think that Pattaya is full of young girls desperate to hang around with bums.

I can see this loser's picture on the front cover of the Pattaya News beaten to shit for trying to welch on paying a beach road crack whore out of 600 baht.

Probably the #1 question people ask about Thailand on Yahoo Answers is "How much will I need to stay in Thailand for X days/weeks/months?"

I don't think Thailand has ever been "cheap." Sure, it's less expensive than Singapore or Hong Kong but it's not cheap. At least, not the type of cheap that people think.

I think people hear that the average wage in Thailand is 7,000 - 10,000 baht per month and they figure if they come with 20,000 they can live like a king. What most people don't understand is that the person making 10,000 baht per month enjoys certain advantages that a tourist does not. First off, they live there, speak the language, have a network of friends and family, and know where to look. That means that they can enter into long-term leases and/or hear from a friend of a friend of a friend about someone looking for a roommate. And they don't live in the center of tourist hotspots which often means long and expensive commutes.

I don't want to be insulting to anybody living on 7,000 - 10,000 baht per month but I would not enjoy trying to live on that in Thailand as a foreigner. First off, that doesn't leave a lot of money left over for beer :-) But more seriously, I already have a hard enough time with living in Thailand with aircon. Sharing a room with no aircon with 2 or 3 other people simply isn't fun. And the whole point of a holiday is to have fun, right?

And what the **** do you think a 'tour-date-type-person' is? You mean a hooker, right? Or do you think that Pattaya is full of young girls desperate to hang around with bums.

I can see this loser's picture on the front cover of the Pattaya News beaten to **** for trying to welch on paying a beach road crack ***** out of 600 baht.

Harsh...

but fair. :twisted: