Can I still play my online game up there in the air?

Evolution of computer games and applications

I will be going to Thailand to visit a sick close friend, and its a 4 hours travel from my place. I just don't want to get bored, I wonder if I can still play my favorite computer game up while I am on the plane? Hope it's not still Mario and galaxia until today. You would really say it as a very boring game. The fast evolution of computers makes games more ferocious and inquisitive and more revealing. But not all of them bare this kind of character. Like for instance the Angry Birds, it sound and look so funny. I hope there is one that is the latest game I can play going to Thailand.

TF Games

Edited by Japamerican
Took out your link and put in a better one

• 1 month later...
Evolution of computer games and applications

I will be going to Thailand to visit a sick close friend, and its a 4 hours travel from my place. I just don't want to get bored, I wonder if I can still play my favorite computer game up while I am on the plane? Hope it's not still Mario and galaxia until today. You would really say it as a very boring game. The fast evolution of computers makes games more ferocious and inquisitive and more revealing. But not all of them bare this kind of character. Like for instance the Angry Birds, it sound and look so funny. I hope there is one that is the latest game I can play going to Thailand.

Cute Angry Birds Online

Generally, you can use computers on board except for the takeoff and landing phases. Nevertheless, I would ask the flight attendants as some airlines have different ideas about that. But you should have the game installed on your computer as online games are not available and if (depending on the airline, but very, very few might have), it will cost a fortune.

Having said that, I most probably also will have to say that this answer will come late, but never mind, there will be another mid- or even long-haul flight for you, just let's hope out of a more pleasant reason.

Edited by kaunitz

Most airlines don't have internet yet. Delta has it on some flights, but I don't think they do any Thailand routes.

You can play single player mode after take-off and before landing, but anything involving use of the internet (multiplayer mode) cannot be played.

Since it's only a 4 hour flight, I doubt you'll have your own personal screen with games at your seat, so rely on single player mode or *gasp* a book.