True love? or only SEX???????

Guest niechin1

Well...the purpose of life over time has been to reproduce. To that, you need to have sex. I think just a lot of people are practicing for the big day. Others just can't seem to get it right, but are happy to keep practicing for ****'s sake.

haha. An ex-bf of mine used to tell his mum, when she would ask if we were gonna give her any grandchildren soon, "no, but I'm practising" LOL

Also doesn't it depend on the type of people? A lot of people don't even believe in true love....Some people might even (kind of) base their 'true love' on the sexual aspect....etc.....

Why do you write 'only sex'? Like sex was less worthy than true love...

True love is a myth. Almost nobody stays in love forever. That's for Hollywood movies, Barbara Cartland novels and Hallmark cards.

It's much easier to enjoy a relationship while it's good and move on when it's bad.

Anything else is supressing primal urges and millions of years of evolution.

If God had meant me to be with one woman, he wouldn't have created other women!

Why do you write 'only sex'? Like sex was less worthy than true love...

True love is a myth. Almost nobody stays in love forever. That's for Hollywood movies, Barbara Cartland novels and Hallmark cards.

It's much easier to enjoy a relationship while it's good and move on when it's bad.

Anything else is supressing primal urges and millions of years of evolution.

If God had meant me to be with one woman, he wouldn't have created other women!

I think that most women who talk about "true love" have a completely unrealistic image of love in their heads. Interestingly this makes those same women horrible partners since, from their perspective, true love is about the guy catering to their every whim.

Or think about it from the whole construct of relationships and marriage in Thailand. The entire ceremonial process is around the bride and her family gaining face while the groom's family is a total afterthought. That is true even in Thai/Thai weddings.

So if that becomes your frame of reference for what true love is about then your outlook is going to be all about me, me, me! When she's bored he entertains. When she's sad he's there to cheer her up. When she's angry he crawls across broken glass to make her happy.

In some ways it's not too different from the farang female's fantasy of true love either except most farang women realize more modest goals sometime around 16 - 18 years of age after they've had a boyfriend or two under their belt (no pun intended). For many Thai women the fantasy persists well into their 30's or 40's.

Romeo and Juliette are interesting romantic characters. But they're fictional! Trying to find that kind of true love is like thinking you can end war by just explaining to world leaders how silly it is or that you can wish away poverty and disease.

Guest niechin1
Well, is true love exist? I think yes. But it is depending on an individual though.

True love do exist, and will be seen only for those who respect its value.

Sex exist, even more tangible. And sex is a part of relationship though, love is

important...but sex ... not any less! :P lol!

aha...yeah!!! totally agree.....:)

I think that most women who talk about "true love" have a completely unrealistic image of love in their heads. Interestingly this makes those same women horrible partners since, from their perspective, true love is about the guy catering to their every whim.

Or think about it from the whole construct of relationships and marriage in Thailand. The entire ceremonial process is around the bride and her family gaining face while the groom's family is a total afterthought. That is true even in Thai/Thai weddings.

So if that becomes your frame of reference for what true love is about then your outlook is going to be all about me, me, me! When she's bored he entertains. When she's sad he's there to cheer her up. When she's angry he crawls across broken glass to make her happy.

In some ways it's not too different from the farang female's fantasy of true love either except most farang women realize more modest goals sometime around 16 - 18 years of age after they've had a boyfriend or two under their belt (no pun intended). For many Thai women the fantasy persists well into their 30's or 40's.

Romeo and Juliette are interesting romantic characters. But they're fictional! Trying to find that kind of true love is like thinking you can end war by just explaining to world leaders how silly it is or that you can wish away poverty and disease.

If It is because of that you aren't experiencing, it doesn't mean that it doesn't exit. I have know a few men who truely love the women They are also treated the same way. Your comments are base on stereotype here.

If It is because of that you aren't experiencing, it doesn't mean that it doesn't exit. I have know a few men who truely love the women They are also treated the same way. Your comments are base on stereotype here.

No. it's because I've never seen it. Maybe we're talking about two different definitions of "true love." I'm talking about the illogical, fictional, self-centered one where you meet Prince Charming and he devotes every waking moment (and part of his sleep) to kissing your ass while showering you in gold and farting love songs to you.

I do believe people can be truly in love but that is more of the real world love. The one where your partner sometimes frustrates the shit out of you, leaves his whiskers in the sink when he's done shaving, and has interests in his life that sometimes don't involve making you the most important person in the world *BUT* you love him anyway.

For me true love is more the old couple who bickers but couldn't live without each other than it is two teenagers screaming "I would die for you!"

i don't think u r getting what Bill is saying ... i'm pretty sure he does believe that true love exists ... he's just got ******* married so he better believe it !!!

the point he's making is that the "idealistic" picture of true love that some girls have doesn't exist except in movies, soppy romance novels and soap dramas !!!

true love in real life isn't all roses, chocolates and happy ever after .... but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist !!!

i don't think u r getting what Bill is saying ... i'm pretty sure he does believe that true love exists ... he's just got ******* married so he better believe it !!!

the point he's making is that the "idealistic" picture of true love that some girls have doesn't exist except in movies, soppy romance novels and soap dramas !!!

true love in real life isn't all roses, chocolates and happy ever after .... but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist !!!

Oh ya! So, does it mean that you used to have" true love" and lost it later? Or, is it because of that you were drunk enough to get married ;)?

Edited by Exploring