American's married to Thai?

dietpepsican

Hello all, I have questions for American men who have married Thai girls. If you met some one on line, talk for months and want to get married and live in America how does that work? Do you have to travel to Thailand to get married?, can you bring her to America on a fiance visa? How long will all of this take? Where do I go for answers to all my questions? Thanks your help.

(Troll for sure...)

Actually you don't need to have a visa or even meet face to face. There's an online catalogue of beautiful Thai girls desperate to marry Americans. You simply look through the catalogue and pick the one (or ones) you like. Fill in the online order form and within a week to ten days she will be delivered to your door along with $20,000 from the Thai government who are desperate to get rid of the excessive numbers of sex-starved, lonely Thai supermodels.

If your selection turns out to be unsatisfactory, you can send her back (with any change from the $20,000) and simply pick another one.

Hello all, I have questions for American men who have married Thai girls. If you met some one on line, talk for months and want to get married and live in America how does that work? Do you have to travel to Thailand to get married?, can you bring her to America on a fiance visa? How long will all of this take? Where do I go for answers to all my questions? Thanks your help.

They ought to do online weddings for folk such as yourself, its a scandal they dont.

But go to Thaivisa.com if you want an indepth answer.

PS You are aware that it cost half your wealth to end this ceremonious nonsense.

Well, this was a big waste of time all you jack asses.

Well ask a stupid question and you're going to get a stupid answer (or several of them)

Well, this was a big waste of time all you jack asses.

Everything seems like a great idea until you post it on a message board and get real feedback :-)

I think the reason you're getting some much grief is because if you're looking to get married to someone you've never met in real life then you certainly aren't experienced enough to be getting married to someone you've never met in real life.

I know it sounds like people are being harsh but your question sounds so stereotypical that many people just assume that you're trolling the forums here trying to stir up some trouble. As you'll see below even the US government doesn't think your plan is a good idea and has rules designed to prevent you from doing it.

First off, there is no "quick" way of getting her over to the US. Unless she owns a significant amount of property or has some other compelling reason to RETURN to Thailand it will be very difficult for her to obtain a visa to even visit the US.

There are two types of visas, immigrant and non-immigrant. As the names imply immigrant visas are for people looking to live in the US. Non-immigrant visas are for people who plan on returning to their home country.

So, if you get your gf a non-immigrant visa, like a tourist visa, and you get married back in the US and apply to change her status to an immigrant visa expect USCIS (i.e. US Immigration) to crawl up your ass with a microscope looking for any reason they can find to turn down your visa application since they'll know you cheated the system. They'll know you brought her over on a visa declaring she has no intent to immigrate when getting married and changing her visa status was the purpose of the trip which means she perjured herself on the tourist visa application form.

So unless you want that headache and a possible permanent ban from her ever entering the US your best bet would be to apply for a fiance (K1) visa. However chances are not good for you if you've never met the girl in real life. Plus the waiting time, if everything goes smoothly, is about 8 months which sounds longer than your actual relationship with this girl.

However, even if you go this route, your chances are pretty slim. One of the requirements is that you have to prove to USCIS that this is a bona fide relationship. That's going to be difficult for you if you've never met the her in person.

Also, some other things about the K1 visa process that will make it very difficult are:

1. The paperwork. There's a ton of it and a lot of it has to be submitted by her. If all of the i's aren't dotted and the t's not crossed they'll kick the application back to you and that 8 months turns into 12, 18, 24, etc.

2. Part of the process she has to go through is an interview at the US embassy in Bangkok. They're very good at asking questions to determine if there is a bona fide relationship. Does she know the name of your relatives? Does she know and understand what your job is? Is her English good enough, under pressure, to convince a embassy official that she can survive in the US?

3. You have to show proof that sometime within the last 2 years the two of you have met and spent time together in real life. In other words they want to see your ticket to Thailand. They want to see receipts from the two of you traveling on the same bus/train/plane or whatever on holiday. They want to see photos of the two of you together. Etc. Your application won't even get past step 1 without this.

As you can see, it's not just those who had a little fun at your expense here who question the wisdom of marrying a girl who you've never met in real life. The USCIS agrees and has made doing so very difficult if not impossible.

I don't want to make Thai people sound bad but I will say that 99.999999999999% of Thai women that would marry you without meeting you first . . . uhm, they're working some sort of angle. It's just not part of the culture. Something smells funny about this whole situation.

I meet people in England with Thai wives and for the life of me i cant understand why anyone would want to go through that rigmarole for someone they barely know and are taking/took a punt on, just shut your eyes and hold your breath when getting stuck into your American BBW or real women as they like to call themselves they arent that bad!

Thank you FarangFarang for a striaght forward and what seems to be a thruthful answer to my simple question. Yours was the only real feedback I recieved. That is all I was asking for.

He's still saying you're an idiot. He just doing it diplomatically.

You're an idiot.

The US Government are saying you are an idiot. People who live in Thailand are saying you are an idiot.

The reason Bill knows is that he moved to Thailand, ran a business, met a girl, dated her for several years, fell in love, married her and moved back to the states last month...

The reason we are saying you are an idiot, is that only an idiot thinks about marrying someone he has never met.

So you got a few jokes at your expense? It's like high school. Remember when you wanted to wore a sailor suit to 4th grade and the kids laughed at you? Well, you didn't wear that suit again, did you? Those nasty bullies taught you a lesson.

The same thing is happening here.

You are either a troll, wasting our time. Or you are an idiot who couldn't Google 'US visas for Thai brides'...

I Googled it and there are 2,000,000 responses, and K1 visas are on the first page.

So... which is it?

I'll save you some time on your next question. Usually the dream Internet Thai will, if she is smart, wait until after she gets her US citizenship before she leaves. Sometimes it's a mutual parting; the other times usually involve clueless romantic saps. They will usually get a note in the morning explaining the situation (gently of course).

It rarely goes that far...

Most Thai girls have no intention of leaving Thailand, lakorn and Mama noodles behind.

They will chat with 3 or 4 overseas guys, swearing undying love and devotion. They will say all the things he wants to hear about wanting to move out of their homeland.

Then they will ask for help with fees - visa fees, translation fees, lawyer fees, airplane tickets... Most of this money is used to pay rent on an apartment she shares with her Thai boyfriend. None of it goes towards leaving Thailand.

When there are no more money avenues to follow, she simply switches email addresses and phone numbers and finds another clueless sap...

(I bet you looked great in that sailor suit, didn't you?)

you should mention that just some Thai girls are easy to fall in love .. not every Thai girl.. :) and even though some of them are easy to fall in love but it doesn't mean they are easy! ;)

Bill said 99.999999999999% of Thai women that would marry him without meeting him first. I don't think we have only 00.0000000000000001% who smart enough to see and spend time together before married..

I don't want to make Thai people sound bad but I will say that 99.999999999999% of Thai women that would marry you without meeting you first . . . uhm, they're working some sort of angle. It's just not part of the culture. Something smells funny about this whole situation.

But its sound bad to me

Do yourself a big favor and get a plane ticket to Thailand, meet the lady in person, spend some serious time with her on an extended holiday, and then consider your next move. All the aforementioned scenerios are certainly possible, and you truely cant know someone until you spend some quality time with her. You could be in for the best time of your life, or be greatly deceived. Good luck!!

Originally Posted by FarangFarang

But its sound bad to me

I think 99.9999999999% of women of ANY nationality who would marry you without meeting would be working some sort of angle.