CiaranM

Well good to see Arsenal get off to their usual flying start this season .... who do u guys think will win the EPL this season ??

Unfortunately can't see past Man U .... although if Man City click early and get a run going they could be contenders !!!

Can't believe i'm now gonna actually post a link to an article by Gary Neville and published in the Daily Heil, but it does actually make interestin reading !!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2025700/Gary-Neville-Arsenal-fans-shouldnt-criticise-Arsene-Wenger.html

So they haven't won a trophy for six years? Well, Manchester United went 26 years without winning the league, Liverpool have now gone 21 years without the title and Manchester City went 35 years without winning a trophy. Tottenham have gone 50 years without winning the league.

I grew up as a United fan in the Seventies and Eighties when the club won three trophies in 20 years.

It's not easy. Sometimes you have cycles where trophies are hard to come by. What you don't do is panic when you have the right manager.

This is a manager who has won three Premier League titles and taken Arsenal to a Champions League final. Can a manager come to the end of his road at a club? Yes, he can. But I don't actually believe Arsene Wenger has. I believe he is the right manager for Arsenal.

In the last six years, it's been clear that Arsenal have not been able to spend huge amounts on the team because they've invested £390million in a stadium to set themselves up for the next 60 years, not for the next six years. They've invested in the infrastructure of the club and it's a sustainable model. That's why in 50 years' time, Arsenal will still be a great football club.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

United were fantastic at Old Trafford last night... Ran rings around a dejected Tottenham. Passing and moving was exquisite!

De Gae is a worry. He's shaky in the box and no replacement for Van de Sar. He needs confidence and a bit of weight.

City, I think will finish in the top four. Along with United and Chelsea. The dark horse could be Liverpool.

(repost)

This is a very good question and topicold. I would say that if the forward line have a symmetrical teamworkers and that they can from the first passit of the ball... take in mind the measured beat of a one, two, throo or fido... so that the ball can falollop out to the wingers and a very fine trittly how in a run and drop-kick and carry one and shooting in the goal if they can get by without an offsiger which is known on the ref and don't throw the bottload because he's only doing his best. But, er, it'll be hard on their halfbackers because I don't think they'll get a chance to do a falolloper shooty on account of the front line with their deep joy of, shall we say, an express in their enthusiasm to the first who to clop falollop in the goalmouth. Oh yes. Anyway it's a very good question, sir. It's not much about music excepting that half-time in the band falolloped huffalo-dowd.

Top 8 maybe : (

there r now stories (rumours) starting to break about strains between Wenger and the board .... or at least certain members of the board as regards outgoing transfers, how much is available to spend and the Arsenal wage structure !!!

i've always been under the impression that Arsenal would NOT have money to spend (without going into even more debt) until the new stadium was paid for and that it was a strategic decision by the board to do this !!!

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-football-club-comparisons/premier-league-comparisons.html

IF the figures in this article r correct Arsenal's NET transfer spend is now 16 million quid per season less than it was before the move to the Emirates .... that means they could (in theory) have broken their transfer record every season for the last 6 years with what they r now spending less !!! although what that would have done to the bottom line is anybody's guess !!!

I don't know much about the EPL but do they have a salary gap? And do they have a draft? (Like they do in USA Basketball) It seems that the same clubs are at the top of the tree !!!! (Man U etc etc)

I would think that the manager is only as good as the "players" he has at his disposal!!! (I could be wrong though) !!!

there r now stories (rumours) starting to break about strains between Wenger and the board .... or at least certain members of the board as regards outgoing transfers, how much is available to spend and the Arsenal wage structure !!!

i've always been under the impression that Arsenal would NOT have money to spend (without going into even more debt) until the new stadium was paid for and that it was a strategic decision by the board to do this !!!

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-football-club-comparisons/premier-league-comparisons.html

IF the figures in this article r correct Arsenal's NET transfer spend is now 16 million quid per season less than it was before the move to the Emirates .... that means they could (in theory) have broken their transfer record every season for the last 6 years with what they r now spending less !!! although what that would have done to the bottom line is anybody's guess !!!

What Wenger has achieved, and what he was trying to achieve (build a world class team from youth players) will always be admired. Had he been trying this 15 years ago with the youngsters he might even have succeeded. But in today's game it is a sad fact that you need to spend to win. Wenger would have been best taking a lead from Fergie's book and combining that youth development with well chosen star transfers. But his experiment has failed. The players he has developed to world class (especially Cesc) have ran out of patience and have left. Wenger will always be remembered for putting together the unbeatable team, but the battles being lost are coming with more frequency now, and it is maybe time for a new General. Though would like him to stay in some capacity.

I'm glad we don't have the debts that Man U do; but I'm not glad we have had a very sparse 6 years.

It's Mourinho time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mancheser United are doing alright they just made 40m pounds on DHL training kit deal also completed a three year deal with the Vietnam mobile telecommunications company Beeline to distribute United content in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos unsure about the fee plus the they are also putting a 600m share offer on the Singapore stock exchange .. Not bad for a club in debit lol lol yes and once Sir Alex hangs his boots up it will be Mourinho time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Mancheser United are doing alright they just made 40m pounds on DHL training kit deal also completed a three year deal with the Vietnam mobile telecommunications company Beeline to distribute United content in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos unsure about the fee plus the they are also putting a 600m share offer on the Singapore stock exchange .. Not bad for a club in debit lol lol yes and once Sir Alex hangs his boots up it will be Mourinho time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Mourinho will never go to Man U mate.

If the share offer works (http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1c9a6334-cc99-11e0-b923-00144feabdc0.html?ftcamp=rss#axzz1VskLjX9c) then they may wipe out the debt. They are running at a loss and would be high on the list of failures on the new UEFA financial rules

Sir Alex Ferguson: José Mourinho must wait for Manchester United job 'José is a great friend. We have spoken about his future' 'It's difficult for me to say when my position will be available' this wasnt so long ago also http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/apr/05/sir-alex-ferguson-jose-mourinho that link want let me see it without signing up i will look at it later ..

Jose: I will be next Utd boss http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3528173/Jose-Mourinho-I-will-be-next-Man-Utd-boss.html

Edited by nicky1982

What Wenger has achieved, and what he was trying to achieve (build a world class team from youth players) will always be admired. Had he been trying this 15 years ago with the youngsters he might even have succeeded. But in today's game it is a sad fact that you need to spend to win. Wenger would have been best taking a lead from Fergie's book and combining that youth development with well chosen star transfers. But his experiment has failed. The players he has developed to world class (especially Cesc) have ran out of patience and have left. Wenger will always be remembered for putting together the unbeatable team, but the battles being lost are coming with more frequency now, and it is maybe time for a new General. Though would like him to stay in some capacity.

I'm glad we don't have the debts that Man U do; but I'm not glad we have had a very sparse 6 years.

It's Mourinho time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iain u keep missing the point that since the move to the emirates we have NOT had any ******* money to spend !!!

i don't think any manager could have done any better than Wenger working under the same financial constraints that he has been working under !! and he has not been afraid to buy star players WHEN has had the money available .... Lungberg, Wiltord, Pires, Henry, Overmars, Campbell .... don't forget that invincibles team was nearly all Wenger players !!!

IMO .... if we have money give it to Wenger to spend .... but if we don't have the money at least come clean and tell the fans the money isn't there !!!

and do u really think Mourinho would come to Arsenal if he was told he'd have to RAISE 10/11 million pounds NET in transfer fees every season !!! he'd be a ******* disaster at Arsenal .... and it looks like he's going into meltdown at Madrid now !!

I agree with you on the emirates move also was seeing skysports news via a streaming site early on Wenger looks set to bring people in from the youth ranks ... So i'm guessing maybe january Arsenal will buy i can understand it really with everybody knowing how much you have to spend after Nasri,Fabregas leaving the club ...

I agree with you on the emirates move also was seeing skysports news via a streaming site early on Wenger looks set to bring people in from the youth ranks ... So i'm guessing maybe january Arsenal will buy i can understand it really with everybody knowing how much you have to spend after Nasri,Fabregas leaving the club ...

if he leaves it to january it's gonna be too late .... fabregas, nasri, clichy, denilson, eboue have all gone ... we need to sign 3 players who can go straight into the match day squad NOW !!!

and if the money really isn't there ... then come out and say so !!!!

utd will win the league by 10 pts City 2nd chelsea 3rd

United were fantastic at Old Trafford last night... Ran rings around a dejected Tottenham. Passing and moving was exquisite!

De Gae is a worry. He's shaky in the box and no replacement for Van de Sar. He needs confidence and a bit of weight.

City, I think will finish in the top four. Along with United and Chelsea. The dark horse could be Liverpool.

Neither do I.

But they won it last year by NINE points while playing with a very sub-standard team. This new crop of youngsters looks very hungry.

true .... but city and chelsea have spent a LOT of money in the summer already ... as have liverpool, but i'm not convinced with their purchases ... it's only arsenal who haven't spent big and we've made more than 50 ******* million selling fabregas and nasri !!!

true .... but city and chelsea have spent a LOT of money in the summer already ... as have liverpool, but i'm not convinced with their purchases ... it's only arsenal who haven't spent big and we've made more than 50 ******* million selling fabregas and nasri !!!

City and Chelsea both had great squads last season, compared to Man U. We'd just lost our good striker and we relied on an out-of-form Rooney and a lazy Bulgarian (who won the Golden Boot!).

I can't believe we won, given our terrible run of form at the start of the season. This squad looks very deep. Last season, we were playing forwards as defenders because our entire back line was unable to play.

City and Chelsea both had great squads last season, compared to Man U. We'd just lost our good striker and we relied on an out-of-form Rooney and a lazy Bulgarian (who won the Golden Boot!).

I can't believe we won, given our terrible run of form at the start of the season. This squad looks very deep. Last season, we were playing forwards as defenders because our entire back line was unable to play.

City had a new(ish) squad and manager last year .... they'e also bought well in the summer .... Mancini impresses me !!

Chelsea started like a train last year and ppl had them as champions in october .... however a mid season blip and too many older/out of form players cost them !! they've also splashed the cash and have a new manager .... will be interesting to see how they go !!

Liverpool have spent around 100 million since Jan this year .... although they got 50 million for Torres .... however, i think they have paid seriously over the odds for guys like Carrol and Henderson .... Suarez looks like a class act !!!

Arsenal ... have raised about 60 million in transfers and spent around 30 million ... we've bought Gervinho who looks good and a couple of ******* teenagers !!!!

**** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and Man U must have spent about 50 or 60 million as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

double **** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!