funky_house

I shall be back in BKK in a few weeks on a shopping trip.

Can anyone tell me where I can get some good quality cushions made? Preferably in silk.

Also kitchen knives, and stainless cookware.

Our set of kitchen knives and cooking pots is from Index. But you have to look carefully to get good quality, especially for the pots - most of them have a very thin bottom but there IS quality available. With the pan we were not so lucky, there I think you might be better off in Robinson (if I remember correctly) but look for the German quality (TEFAL) and not for the Chinese crap....

Edited by kaunitz

Index living mall, HomePro...

And CDC. (Crystal Design Center), I recommend this place, it's center of home designing and everything about home but it's a bit far from center of city.

It's on Praditmanutaam road, some ppl call Lieb Daun Ramintra. If you can go on Sat. or Sunday, I can take you there na kha.

Index living mall, HomePro...

And CDC. (Crystal Design Center), I recommend this place, it's center of home designing and everything about home but it's a bit far from center of city.

It's on Praditmanutaam road, some ppl call Lieb Daun Ramintra. If you can go on Sat. or Sunday, I can take you there na kha.

This CDC place is where I can get the cushions made Neung?

Be very specific on what they use to fill the inside of your cushions with. There are fill products used that can't be imported into most countries because they haven't been properly fumigated.

If you go to the Pratuman area, and explore the back streets you will find many shops that can make your cushions for you. In the area I live by there, there are streets filled with seamstress sweat shops that can make anything you want out of fabric. You supply the fabric, and stuffing then they sew to whatever pattern you want. You will need someone that speaks Thai as none of them speak English.

Find Ratchaprarop soi 22 then simply walk up the soi, and choose the seamstress you want to use. There are 40+ shops to pick from. You do have to supply your fabric, thread, and stuffing though, which you can find in the China town area for the best prices.

If you don't want to do it that way, then any of the tailor shops you see can also have cushions made for you, but it will cost.