iPhone 4S Features/Specs Accounced

FarangFarang

I'm trying to decide on my next move. Apple was calling the 4S a truly international phone because it does both CDMA and GSM but it is only truly international, in my opinion, if the phone isn't locked to the network. It's not enough that I can roam in Thailand with my iPhone. I want to be able to pop in my Thai SIM and not have to pay outrageous roaming charges to AT&T.

I have the 3GS which is fine but I've have had it for a few years now and I wouldn't mind the upgrade. I just don't want to pay the full $600 or so for the phone and have them release the iPhone5 in 3 months.

I'm trying to decide on my next move. Apple was calling the 4S a truly international phone because it does both CDMA and GSM but it is only truly international, in my opinion, if the phone isn't locked to the network. It's not enough that I can roam in Thailand with my iPhone. I want to be able to pop in my Thai SIM and not have to pay outrageous roaming charges to AT&T.

I have the 3GS which is fine but I've have had it for a few years now and I wouldn't mind the upgrade. I just don't want to pay the full $600 or so for the phone and have them release the iPhone5 in 3 months.

The iPhone 5 won't be too far behind this one. Probably early 2012. Apple is also releasing iOS 5 and iCloud next week. Edited by FarangFarang

Disappointed.

I was waiting for the iPhone 5. Hanging on and ignoring the degenerative state of my iPhone 3.

I thought, "iPhone 4 was SO much better than iPhone 3. So iPhone 5 will be fantastic!"

Now I can't be bothered buying the 'new slightly improved iPhone 4'. I think I'll buy an original iPhone 4 at a knock down price.

As for the 4s, I'm not really disappointed when you think about carrier contracts which are nearly always 2 years for iPhone. So now 3gs owners are ready for 4s and next year contracted 4 owners are ready for iPhone 5.. Seems pretty logical for a model to have a 2 year lifespan but with a feature and CPU speed bump in-between for late adopters.

4" screen would be nice but i don't want a hummer sized phone.. So something slick and edge to edge maybe, the current screen is a little too small for my eyes but the phone itself is simply gorgeous which separates it nicely from all the plastic stuff out there.. imho.

Edited by Crustyjuggler