Any Chance of Floods In Jan?

Hazel

Question

19 answers to this question

This is the craziest question I've seen on TF so far :-)

Nobody knows the future and if they did they would be too busy making bazillions of baht, euros, dollars, or pounds to answer this question. :-)

Craziest qn? How so? I swear I have seen much crazier ones here... All news are about the flood nowadays; moreover, as the question later explains, it is more to ask about the type of weather that can be expected in Jan every year, which can then be used to speculate about the probability of flooding then.

Anyhow, if they are free enough to have answered much crazier questions in the past e.g. about crazy history with crazy ex etc, then how so not this very legitimate one? :)

Good question, as I am planning on returning to Thailand in January, after the holidays here. With the reports stating that the flooding could take up to 6 weeks to recede, that would put BKK being dry somewhere in mid December.

My sincere condolences to the Thai people enduring this situation. Cant imagine the scope of this tragedy.

Good question, as I am planning on returning to Thailand in January, after the holidays here. With the reports stating that the flooding could take up to 6 weeks to recede, that would put BKK being dry somewhere in mid December.

My sincere condolences to the Thai people enduring this situation. Cant imagine the scope of this tragedy.

Yes, you are rite, condolences to the Thai people. I will be devastated if I were the one to lose my property and loved ones in the flood!

Thanks for the info about the 6 weeks. Hopefully, it will all dry up by Jan. I hope you can make your trip :)

Dear TFers,

I know nobody has any magic to know the future as to whether there will be floods in Jan next year or not :P:) So I'm wondering if anyone knows when the dry season will begin and whether there is usually heavy rain in Jan each year... Thanks :)

No, in Jan, there will be a severe drought because all the water available on earth will have passed Thailand by then and be in the Gulf of Thailand - oh, wait, maybe Pattaya, Ko Samui and Bang Saen will be buried unter the risen sea level! ;)

No, in Jan, there will be a severe drought because all the water available on earth will have passed Thailand by then and be in the Gulf of Thailand - oh, wait, maybe Pattaya, Ko Samui and Bang Saen will be buried unter the risen sea level! ;)

hahaha :) If it's just those places (assuming that magically, nobody dies and no property is lost), I won't miss them as island-hopping has never crossed my mind when I visit Thailand - they will be the last on my list! :D

Dear TFers,

I know nobody has any magic to know the future as to whether there will be floods in Jan next year or not :P:) So I'm wondering if anyone knows when the dry season will begin and whether there is usually heavy rain in Jan each year... Thanks :)

I just checked weather.com and it didn't say anything about Thailand floods in January. You will be ok.