Chaeng Wattana Immigration still working.

PiAnt

Question

I went to Chaeng Wattana this morning to renew my visa. I decided to give it a go after doing the 90 report last week at Sathorn which was mental.

The Mio conked out under water at Ramintra near the Pahonyothin roundabout, but I managed to drag it off the road, coax it back into life over 30 minutes, struggle to the middle of the roundabout and get to the Government Complex by way of Honda Wave taxi/army truck/motorcycle taxi.

There were, maybe 4 or 5 people there and no one at all doing a visa extension/renewal. The bird behind the desk (N1/N2) having a laugh with her mate thought it was really funny to run through N2 #1 to #8 over 30 minutes when I was the only sad sack sitting there with N1 #1. (Of course I retained my polite demeanour.)

Apart from the two hour trip there (from Ramintra km8) and the hour back down to Rachada on Pahonyothin it was worth the fanny.

Just in case you were wondering if you can still do the visa/90 day stuff there.

Easy in a pickup.

3 answers to this question

Did mine downtown last week, and was done in 20 minutes. Left home, and was back in 45 minutes. They are so much nicer than at Chaeng Wattana, the nice lady in room "A" even filled out my 90 day reporting document for me as she wasn't busy at all.

My motorcycle taxi driver waited for me as he knew it would be quick. I'm actually kind of glad I don't have to deal with going out to Chaeng Wattana anymore.

How are you exempt? 90 day by mail?

Not exempt. I just don't have to use Chaeng Wattana. I'm not about to go that route and invest enough in-country to become exempt. For some reason I just don't trust investing large sums in Thailand. A little playing around money yes, but not enough to become exempt with an investment visa.....lolol.