Sign in to follow this  
Admin_2

Stand-up laptops

So I'd like to get a stand for my laptop that enables me to work while standing up. Basically I'm a lazy fuck that appreciates something that will make me at least stand up and be a lazy fuck.

This thing does it.

It's 50 bucks, which isn't that bad. I just realized that no one here will find me a better idea or offer from Thailand.

Fuck off, bye bye.

Umm, if your idea of standing up involves the bed then that will work, but it's a little short if you literally mean standing up. It would work for Jasmine at her present height, but for you it is a little low.....hahahahaha. Better read more closely before you buy, and get disappointed.

There is a product made for photographers that shoot photos tethered to their laptop though that will get you up to the real height of standing, but it connects to a tripod that is not included, so the whole setup will cost you about $200+. They are easy to find with a simple googe search, or now that you are in the USA again you can find them on Ebay.

The thing you listed though will not work, unless you are refering to a different form of "standing up"....hahahahaha.

have to agree with KB - that looks designed for bed use. This one a few along may be more appropriate without spending KB's 200...

http://www.amazon.com/Sharper-Image-SIB006-GPH06-Foldable-Laptop/dp/B004M8RMFC/ref=pd_sim_hg_7

Again nice thought, but I think 36 inches is still a wee bit low to be considered standing. You made it out of the bed though. Now you have to get out of the chair, and stand up. I know it's hard to do, but you can do it.

Again nice thought, but I think 36 inches is still a wee bit low to be considered standing. You made it out of the bed though. Now you have to get out of the chair, and stand up. I know it's hard to do, but you can do it.

To be fair, the only time I use/would use a laptop standing up is either at a gig or in my home studio. Already have custom built unit in house for decks and equipment and laptop sits nicely to the left of my decks.

However, I actually think 36 inches is fine as that puts the laptop around or above waist height when standing. You must have some very high chairs in your house KB