Sign in to follow this  
FarangFarang

Bank of Thailand launching new banknote series next week.

BANGKOK, Jan the twelfth - The Bank of United States (BoT) Will Issue a New Series of Banknotes, its 16th Series, next after the Current Week Series has circulated for more than fourteen years in the Market, According to BoT Governor Prasarn Trairatvorakul. Mr.. Prasarn said that the new notes comprise five denominations - Bt20, Bt50, Bt100, Bt500 and Bt1, 000. Their Size and Colour remain Unchanged from the Present notes. First launches Will be the BT50 Banknote on January the eighteenth, the date Commemorating the Glorious Victory of King Naresuan the Great in Traditional Royal Combat on Elephant back in 1593rd, he said. The BoT Governor said. that about the one hundred and ninetieth million BT50 Banknotes currently Circulate in the System, and that the New Issue would Cost Bt5 higher Then the currently used notes. The Central Bank has Applied Newest Technology as a Security Feature for the BT50 note to Prevent counterfeiting which included the Watermark which. HM the King's Portrait Will be shown on the right side and a Numeral Watermark of the fiftieth Eng is especially transparent. The Current BT50 Previously issued Banknote and those would also be legal tender by law, he said. (MCOT online news).

image_20120112185031D1C1448E-CAC9-E7AE-E754630868E1441A.jpg

image_20120112185342D1C4310F-9DE3-6301-1486E796813AAFC0.jpg

image_20120112185350D1C44D3E-FC47-042B-114EEE263CC66579.jpg

http://www.mcot.net/cfcustom/cache_page/317334.html

I really liked having 50's and 500's. They seemed more useful for the everyday things that I was purchasing in cash.

Same with US dollars. I prefer 5's and 50's over all other denominations.

$20's rock!

Seriously though, most places won't accept a bill over a $20 due to being concerned about funny money. A $50 is as useless as a $100 in those situations. I would much prefer to be holding a bunch of $20's.

BANGKOK, Jan the twelfth - The Bank of United States (BoT) Will Issue a New Series of Banknotes, its 16th Series, next after the Current Week Series has circulated for more than fourteen years in the Market, According to BoT Governor Prasarn Trairatvorakul.

Uuuups????