American Football Playoffs

OhEhmGee

Didn't see an american football thread much less one about the playoffs. Who do you think is going to take it this week?

Ravens vs Patriots

I like the Patriots. Tom Brady is as clutch as you get in the post-season and he has the experience. Number 2 offense in the league if I remember correctly. The only thing they have against them is their horrible defense but I think Bill Belichick can patch it together enough. Joe Flacco is too inconsistent. The Ravens will need a big night from their defense and Ray Rice to stand a chance.

Giants vs 49ers

This one is a toss up in my eyes. You have Eli Manning who at times looks like a top 5 QB, but at other times... eh. Their defense is incredibly inconsistent too. 49ers are having a really good season this year but lack a lot of experience. I really don't know which way this one will go.

What do you guys think? I hope theirs a couple other American Football fans out there.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idiot...

The biggest audience for a Superbowl was Superbowl XVI with 40.02 million people watching.

There were 842 million people in CHINA watching the start of the Olympics.

The 2011 Cricket World Cup semi final between India and Pakistan had a BILLION people watching.

And the Football World Cup is watched by 715 million people.

Idiot.

Totally out of touch with the rest of the world...

Idiot...

The biggest audience for a Superbowl was Superbowl XVI with 40.02 million people watching.

The 2011 Cricket World Cup semi final between India and Pakistan had a BILLION people watching.

Idiot.

I think he was referring to real sports (not cricket, soccer, curling, etc.).

Back to the subject at hand. Patriots are going to take it all down. We've been crushing the competition, and this is Tom Brady's favorite time to shine.

I think he was referring to real sports (not cricket, soccer, curling, etc.).

Back to the subject at hand. Patriots are going to take it all down. We've been crushing the competition, and this is Tom Brady's favorite time to shine.

last time I looked you were Betting that the Pats would go down bigtime --- this "we" term seems to be a term of convience...

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/01/20/sfpd-cops-to-wear-giants-gear-at-49ers-game/

Tricky San Francisco police. Went to a Chargers-Raiders game yrs ago and all the action was in the stands. Security was lax, and the Raider Nation was in full combat mode in San Diego. It was like going to a street fight and a football game broke out.

My pic: Pats vs Giants for all the marbles.

Hahaha I like how quickly the thread gets de-railed. I love 'football' aka 'soccer'. I just wanted to get some discussion about american football. I know how popular the other sports are. Personally I'd love to see the Patriots vs the 49ers. I think that'd be the most exciting match up.

Hahaha I like how quickly the thread gets de-railed. I love 'football' aka 'soccer'. I just wanted to get some discussion about american football. I know how popular the other sports are. Personally I'd love to see the Patriots vs the 49ers. I think that'd be the most exciting match up.

That's the ticket !! & best match up!

Soccar (ahem) football...lets see --------- Ah --- in the olyimpic (sic) qualifer: US --14 Dominican Republic --5 !!! not a dull score at all (US player ore her knee up -- carted off the field ---not the usual fake -- futballer injury!! )

I just thought I would tie the thead back on the rails -- from it various tangents;-)

That's the ticket !! & best match up!

Soccar (ahem) football...lets see --------- Ah --- in the olyimpic (sic) qualifer: US --14 Dominican Republic --5 !!! not a dull score at all (US player ore her knee up -- carted off the field ---not the usual fake -- futballer injury!! )

I just thought I would tie the thead back on the rails -- from it various tangents;-)

Are you SURE English is your first language????

Idiot...

Idiot.

Agree with ALL your points, but one correction. Biggest Superbowl audience was last year's which had an average of 111 million.