American Football Playoffs

OhEhmGee

i think .... it's because the viewing figures vary from the start of the coverage of the superbowl until the end !!!!

decent explaination ..but I am worried when the Wee Scot needs help from an Irishman ! ;)

And from the way you band togeather in this thread it makes me believe y'all (Irish, English and, errrr oh! Scot) are one people! a very disappointing thought, indeed!

Edited by DANNO

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't... And neither does the rest of the world.

The same applies for you and real football...

but you contine and assume too much sir I just don't harp on what entertains others

-- having taken opportunities to watch Futbol where and when I can (Germany, Brazil, the Atlanta Olympics)

& was briefly on my High School's first futbol team that two years later ran off eight straight State championships.

While watching the 2nd football game yesterday the network carrying it advertised ---

an up-coming broadcast of Chelsea vs ManU...(missed the exact date & time going to the fridge for a beer)

it will be interesting to see the numbers here after the game as futbol slowly gains a wider audience.

but you contine and assume too much sir I just don't harp on what entertains others

-- having taken opportunities to watch Futbol where and when I can (Germany, Brazil, the Atlanta Olympics)

& was briefly on my High School's first futbol team that two years later ran off eight straight State championships.

While watching the 2nd football game yesterday the network carrying it advertised ---

an up-coming broadcast of Chelsea vs ManU...(missed the exact date & time going to the fridge for a beer)

it will be interesting to see the numbers here after the game as futbol slowly gains a wider audience.

No really... is English your first language?

I'm not being a **** here (well maybe I am, but it's not deliberate), I really don't understand that post at all. And the one Stramash commented on was unintelligible too.

This sentence... "-- having taken opportunities to watch Futbol where and when I can (Germany, Brazil, the Atlanta Olympics)

begins OK... but then it doesn't end, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Then this sentence... "While watching the 2nd football game yesterday the network carrying it advertised ---

it will be interesting to see the numbers here after the game as futbol slowly gains a wider audience."

I don't understand these '---' that you placed at the start of your sentence.

I don't know what you mean by 'see the numbers here'. Which numbers? Viewing figures? Scores? Revenue?

And then I'm not sure what you mean by 'as futbol slowly gains a wider audience'.

What do you mean by 'futbol'? Are you of the opinion that it is a different sport to football? Or are you using that word to distinguish between football and American Football?

I promise you (again), I'm not trolling... I really can't understand you, even though I'm trying.

No really... is English your first language? No, Navajo - Why, are you teaching again hansum man?

I'm not being a **** here (well maybe I am, but it's not deliberate), I really don't understand that post at all. And the one Stramash commented on was unintelligible too.

This sentence... "-- having taken opportunities to watch Futbol where and when I can (Germany, Brazil, the Atlanta Olympics)

begins OK... but then it doesn't end, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Then this sentence... "While watching the 2nd football game yesterday the network carrying it advertised ---

it will be interesting to see the numbers here after the game as futbol slowly gains a wider audience."

I don't understand these '---' that you placed at the start of your sentence. '---' similiar to "...." but very advanced, be careful

I don't know what you mean by 'see the numbers here'. Which numbers? Viewing figures? Scores? Revenue? those viewing

And then I'm not sure what you mean by 'as futbol slowly gains a wider audience'.

in the USA ....as your aware I am American and am usually here in the Colonies.

Duh... (not being a **** here, well at least not deliberately)

What do you mean by 'futbol'? Are you of the opinion that it is a different sport to football? Or are you using that word to distinguish between football and American Football? YUP ... that eliminates your next nit-pic ...should I say Soccer

...after all these years ... we all know there are two games and who cares what it is called?

I promise you (again), I'm not trolling... I really can't understand you, even though I'm trying.

really Dave you underestimate yourself -for once- ( sorry i used those damn dashes again!)

and have a bright future understanding and parsing through minutia (as Iain always does too) ;-)

Back to the thread: great play-off games, close scores, competitive, over-time, hope the Super Bowl will be as competitive. I am going with the Giants, as they give Brady fits with their defense. I'm sure the Pats will be favored (as they have been a great team for yrs) and am taking the points and the Giants to win the greatest and most watched American sports folly. For those of us that have played football at any organizational level, we love it, understand it, bet it, and will follow it no matter where in the world we are. As for the international appeal of American football compared to international soccer, who cares. Over here, soccer is a sport most popular with adolescent school girls.

I love the way you always add your own laughs when you make a stupid comment. It's almost as if you know that no-one else will laugh with you. At you maybe...

No it is actually the easy way to wind up the local assholes. Then the self professed English teacher, and Google expert thinks the opening ceremonies of the Olympics is a sporting event. That is hilarious, and really shows who the idiot really is.

No it is actually the easy way to wind up the local assholes. Then the self professed English teacher, and Google expert thinks the opening ceremonies of the Olympics is a sporting event. That is hilarious, and really shows who the idiot really is.

well that's them ******* told .... i'll bet they're sobbing into their pillows as i type !!!!

Oh he's got his balls back, has he?

Must have decided he's not attending any TF events for the foreseeable future. Funny - he always seems to be noticeably less brave in the real world.

Nothing even comes close for viewership of a single sports event.

Yeeeaahhh... Except the TWO other examples of cricket and football he chose to ignore and tried to score a limp point on the Olympics.

Debating KB is the online equivalent of holding a midget at arm's length while he tries to swing at me.

Edited by English_Bob

really Dave you underestimate yourself -for once- ( sorry i used those damn dashes again!)

and have a bright future understanding and parsing through minutia (as Iain always does too) ;-)

lol - No I really was being genuine. I didn't understand your point, but I wanted to.

I didn't know where you live, so I wasn't sure where the 'wider audience' was located.

Is 'futbol' in common usage in America? I've only ever heard Americans use 'soccer' and 'football' to describe the two sports. For me it's simply the Spanish translation of 'football'.

Once again, I promise I wasn't trolling your last post - apologies if it came off that way.

Of course, I was trolling KB's post - it was too stupid to ignore.

lol - No I really was being genuine. I didn't understand your point, but I wanted to.

I didn't know where you live, so I wasn't sure where the 'wider audience' was located.

Is 'futbol' in common usage in America? I've only ever heard Americans use 'soccer' and 'football' to describe the two sports. For me it's simply the Spanish translation of 'football'.

Once again, I promise I wasn't trolling your last post - apologies if it came off that way.

Of course, I was trolling KB's post - it was too stupid to ignore.

well the thread is / or has been, at least , a bit entertaining

Is 'futbol' in common usage in America? I've only ever heard Americans use 'soccer' and 'football' to describe the two sports. For me it's simply the Spanish translation of 'football'. Nah! (latin-American, though it sound the same to me coming from Germans...so, I use it even over hear to eliminate confusion with ... football, futbol, or soccer (note ... no dashes!)

Once again, I promise I wasn't trolling your last post - apologies if it came off that way. no worries...mine not a wind up...maybe stirring the pot a bit though!

:twisted:

dust-ups (a Navajo term ;-) ) can be fun

You know who I expect to win, but I never told you that I also expect New York to lose!

Tom Brady is going to destroy the Giants...huge fourth quarter for him as usual.

I'm sure Brady will play extra hard....

He's definitely got an axe to grind from 2007. I don't care what anyone says that games gotta be in the back of his head..

However, both teams are almost a completly different squad. I hope its a good game. Super Bowls usually aren't of course. Because teams try to play so careful without any risks.. But I must admit the 2007 Bowl was good. So special