farangs learn thai to flirt with thai girls?

LadyVin

many of my farang friends ask me to teach them some thai .. i noticed that they just want sweet words for flirting with thai ladies :P :roll: Someare interested in Thai language indeed following to do some business with thai people ..Although, thier brain hoard only naughty words .. easily to forget proper thai :D

many of my farang friends ask me to teach them some thai .. i noticed that they just want sweet words for flirting with thai ladies :P :roll: Someare interested in Thai language indeed following to do some business with thai people ..Although, thier brain hoard only naughty words .. easily to forget proper thai :D

There could be some truth in that. I plead guilty.

By the way, how do you say "you have a lovely smile" in Thai?

;)

Well, I learned Thai for business reasons. And of course along the way I picked up a lot of slang and flirty words. Now I am semi-retired but I live in Thailand and so I must use Thai every day. There are no other farang living in my apartment building or area. I can go anywhere, do anything, and get whatever I need using Thai.

I think every person has their own reasons and motives for learning Thai. I've learned it well, but fluent, nope. I would only use the word "fluent" when my Thai is equal to my English, which it is not.

hmmm yeah i guess so dear. but many farang learn thai for work and for there business. mostly those ppl always serious with thai lang. but taking thai lang. class. but for farang who like flirting always learnt from Thai girls.

Hey it's just my opinion, and from what i c, ok?

Let's assume for a moment that farangs want to learn some Thai - just the sweet words - simply to impress or flirt with Thai girls. I can't believe Thai girs are that shallow or naive. It seems to me that a Thai girl would be much more impressed with the guy who can speak the language versus the guy who simply can say a couple of flirting comments.

To be honest from my experience learning Thai can be a double edged sword. I learnt Thai because I believe if you wish to live in a foriegn country you should try hard to adopt some of that country's culture. Plus being single I needed to be able to communicate. Unlike some farang I don't have a wife/Gf to act as a walking dictionary. Not to mention I dislike watching farang guys standing behind their Thai partner like a dull buffalo while she does her best to explain his needs. As I said there are some disadvantages though,. Being told, "you speak Thai, you have Thai wife" by many disbelieving young ladies that I have shown an interest in, is one of them. Or worse, " I don't like farang speak Thai! Oh well....I'm not going to be discouraged surely there are some girls who'd like farangs willing to learn.

Daz

There could be some truth in that. I plead guilty.

By the way, how do you say "you have a lovely smile" in Thai?

;)

Khun yim sauy :oops: hehe

maybe that says more about UR farang friends than farangs who want to learn thai.

I think every person has their own reasons and motives for learning Thai. I've learned it well, but fluent, nope. I would only use the word "fluent" when my Thai is equal to my English, which it is not.

I agree with you khun lung they might have their own reasons .. i do admire some Farangs who apply Thai to use in everyday life in proper way plus polite.. I see them showing their respect on thai culture .. i just dont like when some farangs speak bad words in thai (rude words) it's very nasty ..and disgusting so i called them farang khee nok :lol:

hmmm yeah i guess so dear. but many farang learn thai for work and for there business. mostly those ppl always serious with thai lang. but taking thai lang. class. but for farang who like flirting always learnt from Thai girls.

Yes indeed!! i have some farang friends who can write and read thai letters !! amazing farang haha :shock:

i just dont like when some farangs speak bad words in thai (rude words) it's very nasty ..and disgusting so i called them farang khee nok :lol:

Every Farang has their own reasons for learning Thai. They are probably the same reasons why Thais want to learn English.

As for farangs using swear words in Thai, I can understand that it offends you.

Likewise native English speakers don't like to hear non-native English people swearing in our language.

...but for farang who like flirting always learnt from Thai girls.

Not always. Some learn from ladyboys too.

I plead innocent this time. :P

I hope they just learn thai language from them not their lifestyle :shock: would be scary by the way i rarely see farang ladyboys lol

True ! I learn Thai to flirt with Farangs in BKK too . Cause with my american accent I have , they probably dont wanna talk with me . Thinkin' me knows too much ! Now ( put on my innocent face )" Pood Pasa Aug-ga-lish dai Nid Noi ka

Oh posh i wish i had your american accent ( but darn i have some british+american+thai accent it called Tinglish!! haha :lol: ) maybe it is the good way to get their full attention :roll:

In future save your time and telll them to go buy the "Thai English Bar Guide" book.

If they can get a girl into bed or impress them with a few one liners in Thai, then they can have them.

Now where is that book of mine........................... :)

haha where can i purchase that book ?? i will donate to my ting tong friends :D