Nature Shots

Admin_2

I've been taking a lot of nature shots lately as I'm living in such a beautiful setting. A few days ago it was 17 degrees celcius here, which is strange during the dead of winter. I decided to take a walk in my front/back yard, and I came across a bald eagle.

Eagle4.jpg

These are special birds here. They cannot be hunted, and represent our country.

Eagle3.jpg

I sent a couple of these images to my family, and my mother replied saying that she had never seen one in her entire life. I really feel blessed as this one flies around about 30 meters from my window.

Eagle2.jpg

Eagles have incredible vision. They can see what fish are swimming in the sea from 100 meters away...I'm sure he saw me snapping away at him.

Eagle.jpg

Anyway, please share your nature shots here. I will.

I would have done a better job at making fun of ciaran.

Anyway, from what my bird expert said, it's not fully matured. In a few years it will have a white head with white feather tips..somewhat like Ciaran.

your eagle expert is correct.....

your self assessment of your humor...not so much :P

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118510[/ATTACH]

I took this in my Dad's garden.

The lizard was sitting in a bush for about ten minutes while I got my camera and crept closer and closer (I didn't have my zoom lens with me). Eventually, I was about 3 feet away and you can see he looks pretty wary.

I got the pic printed out at an art shop at MBK. Next time I was in there, I saw they had this pic framed on the wall.

You should start off with "Deer" first, and then work up to "dear." ;-)

Oh schnap...I blame the wine.

I might also blame this scammer that I've been writing back and forth with. She is really really good at calling me dear. I'd like to shoot her.

That's a pretty sweet pic, EB. You're still having problems posting pics on here?

Stramash...you get tax credits for giving deer pearl necklaces out here.

no camera to prove it Rob ...but @ about 4 PM this afternoon; sitting at my cousin's home on Saginaw Bay (Michigan); a mature (w/ a white head) eagle flew by the livingroom window about 25 meters away !!! really a big bird.

my cousin says the is a wetland preserve nearby and there are a dozen or so living there...

wish I'd had a way to know it was flying by!

Yes - I can add the URL or upload from my computer... But it doesn't show on the post.

I used to be able to do it and I haven't changed my method.

I also had that problem, but cured it by ticking the little box that says "retrieve remote file and reference locally".

Click on "insert picture" >"from URL", and it is below the box where you paste the url for the desired picture.

Edited by funky_house

Yes - I can add the URL or upload from my computer... But it doesn't show on the post.

I used to be able to do it and I haven't changed my method.

As far as uploading pics, I haven't made any changes there either.

This biggest issue is that option not to download the image locally. That feature came out some time ago. If you just opt not to download the image locally, there usually isn't a problem.