Sign in to follow this  
bgwhynot

living and studying in thailand

Question

hey people, im planning on taking a year or two to study in thailand and am wundering how anybody pays to live there while on education visa. i read you could not work on an education visa. do you survive off a student loan or do you have an income coming in while your studying abroad? any comments would be much appreciated. just not exactly sure how to go about it. thanks

4 answers to this question

hey people, im planning on taking a year or two to study in thailand and am wundering how anybody pays to live there while on education visa. i read you could not work on an education visa. do you survive off a student loan or do you have an income coming in while your studying abroad? any comments would be much appreciated. just not exactly sure how to go about it. thanks

I had other business interests outside of Thailand and did consulting for companies back home.

Maybe not too helpful but come here with a bucket of money (I did the same about 18 years ago when I was staying in France). The bucket might not need to be as big as for France but still.....

Hi,

I have never gone through such type of problem but my friend stay in Thailand he do a job there and he has also completed his study there. He had taken a loan for his studies. I'll defiantly let you know after confirming him.