What country do you want to visit atleast once in your life?

Dutchboyy

What country you would like to visit atleast once in your life?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. What country you would like to visit atleast once in your life?

• Europe; Spain and/or France and/or Italy and/or Greece
    • Europe; the Netherlands and/or Belgium and/or Luxemburg
    • Asia, please tell the country
    • Australia
    • Usa; please tell the state

I've had the privilege of traveling all over the world (at somebody else's expense). Europe, Africa, Middle East, Near East, Asia, Australia/New Zealand, Pacific Islands...but never to South America. And of course I come from the USA. 53 countries in all.

Let me just say that of all the places I've visited, I now live in the place I want to be. Thailand is my home now, and I only wish I had made the move sooner!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I been to Japan, South Korea, Thailand and Cambodia.

Cambodia being the least favorite, had to get a visa somewhere bahhhhhhh

I have plans to go see Vietnam, Burma, Laos Hong Kong,and Kunming China.

of course will be back in Thailand for 120 days I have alot of time to run around I guess, why not see as much as you can in this life.

I wanna go to

Republic of Georgia, Armenia, Azeribijan, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan,Syria, Russia, China, Vietnam, Indonesia, Brazil

I have been to

Canada, Costa Rica, Mexico, UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Holland, Belguim, Norway, Austria, Czech rep, Switerzland, Japan, Korea, Mongolia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar/Burma,

I just got back from South America (Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, Paraguay, Brazil, and Uruguay). With the completion of that trip, I have just about visited all of the places that I felt like I HAD to see before I die. That is not to say that I don't want to go anywhere else. On the contrary, I still want - and intend - to visit more or less all the countries that I haven't visited yet. (I've been to 69 countries so far, which seems like a lot, until you consider that there are still a COUPLE OF HUNDRED that I haven't been to yet!)

I'm already planning the next several trips, and the places I specifically hope/expect to visit on the next trip (that I haven't been to yet) are: Albania, Bulgaria, Moldova, Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania and Estonia. (I'm still trying to work out the visa details for some of those places. For example, places like Belarus not only require a visa, but it is also necessary to have an invitation from someone in the country! Not so easy to arrange from Bangkok, I can tell you!)

On the trip after that - or maybe before that if I can't solve the visa problems for the above trip - I hope to visit: Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Cuba, Venezuela and Colombia. (I missed those last two countries on my recent trip to South America - even though I had already paid for the tickets to go there.) After 9 weeks of traveling I was tired and missing Bangkok. Now I'm ready to hit the road again!

The places in Asia that I haven't visited yet and hope to visit over the next couple of years are Taiwan, Burma, Mongolia, Brunei and perhaps North Korea. I'll squeeze in those trips between the two big trips mentioned above.

Somebody mentioned Argentina earlier so I'd like to say something about that place: It is a very developed, sophisticated place that is, believe it or not, even cheaper than Thailand at the moment (due to their recent economic difficulties). For example, it is very easy to find an all-you-can-eat buffet there, including all the steaks you can eat, for less than 150 baht. Sometimes even 100 baht. Try doing that in Bangkok! And it is possible to get a very nice hotel room there for less than 800 baht. So now is the time to go to Argentina!

The biggest hole in my travel map is Africa, where I've only been to Egypt. Africa will be the last place that I visit after I've gone everywhere else, mainly because I'm afraid of the diseases and other difficulties there. Perhaps it will be better in the future.

i'm not thai so i suppose i dont count. i did notice write-in votes for south america and africa though, both of which were left off the poll.

i'm currently eyballing ghana.

after that maybe cuba, but i've always wanted to go to argentina too.

If you're planning to visit Argentina, I advise you to learn some Spanish as it can be a pain to get around without knowing some basic Spanish. Unless you go on a packaged tour and stick with the tour. Very few people speaks English, even at shops or restaurants.

easier to fake spanish than to fake mandarin. the pronounciation's easier, there are no tones, and many words overlap with english. i'm surviving running around beijing well enough, so i'm not worried at all about spanish-speaking countries, esp. since i allegedly studied spanish in college, but "studied" is a VERY strong word for anything i did in college.

:D :twisted: :D

Well, Of course Thailand is always #1 on my list......But because I've been working overseas for almost the last 6 years, I almost have a craving to visit my own country.....Canada...... :wink:

thought about it, but i dont speak canadian.

LOL @ Zeus.......Beauty eh.....Like take off to da great white north eh.....Cause we don't have Cameltoe up there......We got Moose Knuckle....Its better eh....... :wink: :wink:

South America ----->Argentina(Buenos Aires) ,Brazil (Rio),Mexico

North America ------>United state ,canada

Africa ------> South Africa(especially visit cape town ) ,Kenya ,Egypt

Europe -------->Hopefully the whole Europe

Asia ---------> Thailand ,Vietnam ,Japan ,philipines ,Laos .Sri Lanka ,india

Last but not least ---------->Australia

All over Europe and Scandinavien - German, France, Italy, Switzerland (have been there), the Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Norway.

Also ... gettin to know Australia better...i love Australia....fuckin awesome (been there twice).

Lastly, the States... i like the overall style...just as ive seen on TV and read magazines though.

If South Africa ever becomes safe again, I wouldn't mind visiting there.
Well I think its pretty safe there..I was there for a week 3 years ago (Pretoria) and must say it was safe engough for a visit. I love the food there and the wines wow wow world class!!!!

South Africa is pretty safe, I would say even safer than London now

• 2 weeks later...