HTC HD2

PiAnt

I'm after a new motor hopefully in August but I'm torn between 2 entirely different models...

Honda Civic...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]119315[/ATTACH]

1.8 auto in dark grey

Hilux Vigo...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]119316[/ATTACH]

Prerunner 3.0 d4d 4 door (black of course)

The car's really plush, sexy and comfy, petrol, but the pickup's strong, diesel, practical, low maintenance etc.

Either would be ok, but I'm torn.

Looking for guidance (or something close.)

I'm after a new motor hopefully in August but I'm torn between 2 entirely different models...

Honda Civic...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]119315[/ATTACH]

1.8 auto in dark grey

Hilux Vigo...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]119316[/ATTACH]

Prerunner 3.0 d4d 4 door (black of course)

The car's really plush, sexy and comfy, petrol, but the pickup's strong, diesel, practical, low maintenance etc.

Either would be ok, but I'm torn.

Looking for guidance (or something close.)

What will you be using it for?

Business? Long trips? City commutes? Etc...

That would help with choice. Personally I think the pick up is an all round bet - they are pretty comfy these days so good for long trips (may also be able to get dirt bike in it?) But if majority of driving within city the pick up will be a ***** on fuel consumption.,

Driving mostly mate. And some looking at obviously. The Civic looks really tasty parked with the wheels slightly out of line.

Ok driving to Rayong weekdays and back at the weekends. Bit of upcountry not off road though. Visiting the BOI (again and again) nothing too arduous. Maybe a long trip or too when I can. Maybe carry a bit of stuff about too. Will move to Rayong permanently next year.

Both are nice mate, but the Honda's a car and the Toyota's well, a pick up truck. Mind in the floods last year pickups were still able to move around here.

It boils down to comfort over practicality, running costs and maintenance, but it might think it'll come down to impulse on the day unless I get convinced one's better than the other.

Driving mostly mate. And some looking at obviously.

This is why I gave examples. Knew you would come back with a comment like that...

Think there is one important question you need to ask;

Are the flood prevention measures discussed last year in place yet? And are they likely to be in the next 2/3 years? (ok, that's 2 but you got one for free)

If the answer to one (or both) is no, then it needs to be the pick up. Bkk to Rayong is what? 3 hours or so? In frequently bad weather on roads that are not exactly world class. Pick up again.

You might want to also consider which will have a better resale value, if and when you decide to get rid of it.

There si that mate yes.

But bear in mind I bought a 500 quid Peugeot 306 a year ago as a cheap runaround for 165,000 (3,300 quid), which ran for a month and has been in the garage ever since, and I could still sell it for the same price.

Check the classifieds next month mate do you very nice ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]119317[/ATTACH]

Edited by PiAnt
fuck you

Toyota Hilux Vigo MPG (Fuel Consumption)

Toyota Hilux Vigo Fuel Economy & Emissions

CO2 (carbon dioxide), mileage, fuel consumption and other emissions data for Toyota Hilux Vigo cars.

Average fuel consumption 43.0 MPG and average CO2 output 174.8 g/kg (based on 871 models).

Data table - click on a title to order by column:

http://www.car-emissions.com/cars/index/toyota+hilux+vigo

------------------------------

Honda Civic MPG (Fuel Consumption)

Honda Civic Fuel Economy & Emissions

CO2 (carbon dioxide), mileage, fuel consumption and other emissions data for Honda Civic cars.

Average fuel consumption 44.5 MPG and average CO2 output 156.4 g/km (based on 405 models).

Data table - click on a title to order by column:

http://www.car-emissions.com/cars/model/honda/civic

This here is also interesting:

The Hilux has gained a reputation for exceptional sturdiness and reliability, even during sustained heavy use and/or abuse, and is often referred to as "The Indestructible Truck".

This was further reinforced on the BBC motoring show Top Gear, when a 1988 diesel Hilux with 305,775 km (190,000 mi) on the odometer was subjected to extraordinary abuse (in series 3, episodes 5 and 6).

This consisted of driving it down a flight of steps, scraping buildings, crashing headlong into a tree, being washed out to sea, and being submerged in sea water for four hours, driving it through a garden shed, dropping a caravan onto it, hitting it with a wrecking ball, setting its cabin and bed area on fire, and, finally, placing it on top of a 73 m (240 ft) block of apartments that was next destroyed by a controlled demolition.

Although it was now suffering from severe structural damage, the truck was still running after being repaired without spare parts, and with only typical tools that would be found in a truck's toolbox, such as screwdrivers, motor oil, and an adjustable wrench.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Hilux#Reputation

Cheers mate. Yes I've seen the Top Gear Hilux stuff they're pretty unstoppable though that was an old model. It was the new one with modifications they took to the North Pole too.

I'm not doubting it's ability at all, just using it o a day to day basis for normal running around would the Civic be easier/more comfy and that?

I am going more towards the Vigo now though no one's said anything different.

Yes i just had copied the first sentences from Wikipedia, there is a lot more written.

In my lifetime, living in different countries, i had 20-30 different 'normal' cars so far and twice a Mercedes G class.

In a country such as Thailand, if you are not using the car mainly inside Bangkok, i'd always prefer a SUV for several reasons.

Hayko ******* Clarkson...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]119319[/ATTACH]

Iain i've been to Thailand quicker than you because i'm clever and i like to be naked at home with the girls :)

If i'd prefer this kind of ladies - i'd move to UK. Ah and yes, i have heard about the traffic during Olympics.

c5679_ORIG-fat_ugly_girl_non_nude_pictures.jpg

Yes I'm definitely thinking more of the practicality, low maintenance and running costs now too. And it's a nice looking motor after all. Plenty of leg room in the back and I could move stuff around with ease.

I could even wear a lumberjack shirt and get away with it if so inclined.

Yes I'm definitely thinking more of the practicality, low maintenance and running costs now too. And it's a nice looking motor after all. Plenty of leg room in the back and I could move stuff around with ease.

I could even wear a lumberjack shirt and get away with it if so inclined.

The fuel costs will depend on your right foot, rotational speed of the engine and your feeling about the gear box.

I am pretty much sure you can run the Hilux Vigo on a low cost, especially on long distances (Bangkok-Rayong) etc

In my opinion there won't be a big difference in running costs to a Honda Civic.

But as you said yourself, you will have much more options in practical use, comfort and safety as well.

I had Ms 800 Baht short time in mind :-)

37834.jpg