Flooding in the Philppines

FarangFarang

Poor guys, god bless!

Reminds me Bangkok last year in October-November. You know i started already shopping long-lasting food and other items such as candles and toilet paper. End of last year we had the flood 3 weeks inside Bangkok. And past-flood another 4 weeks no bread, no eggs, no fruits and no fresh water and no Coca Cola.

Poor guys, god bless!

Reminds me Bangkok last year in October-November. You know i started already shopping long-lasting food and other items such as candles and toilet paper. End of last year we had the flood 3 weeks inside Bangkok. And past-flood another 4 weeks no bread, no eggs, no fruits and no fresh water and no Coca Cola.

This year we have Yinglak - she already has promised no flooding in Thaland this year, I hope it's not just another politicians promise that they never keep...

I live in Pak Kret, in our house we had 22 peoples living as their hoses were flooded, but on this side of the river we were not flooded...

I have some friends in Manila and I am actually a bit worried, because I didn't hear from any of them... I am almost sure one went to the province she came from, but the other being an orfan, really don't have a lot of options...

Poor guys, god bless!

Being in California we had an earthquake the other day. They're totally common. I grew up in California and a day without an earthquake is almost like a summer without sunshine.

Anyway, we're sitting there and the place starts shaking. I ask Ked, "Hey, did you feel that?" and she says, "Yeah, what was it?" I tell her it was an earthquake and she takes a dive under the table.

Well first off, doorways are your best protection in an earthquake but it was at least a minute since the earthquake. I couldn't stop laughing.

But, if you're Thai, you never get earthquakes. If you grow up in California, they're a weekly or monthly thing. From her perspective, she's thinking the movie 2012. She thinks we're sliding into the Pacific.

For me, I've lived through two of the biggest quakes in US history. Unless the refrigerator is bouncing, it's not even worth getting up for.