Would you marry a girl who won't have sex before marriage?

Khun_Sam

have to agree with mr lung. when you're stripped bear you reveal more of you. not necessarily the true you just more.

would i marry without sex? yes if i really loved her. but i'd be looking carefully at our intimate moments together to allay any concerns about the love being real and what the sex would really be like.

To answer the poster's original question - no I wouldn't. Experience has taught me that compatability is a big issue.

Now for the contraversial bit...........why do so many people link sex and marriage? Hasn't anyone heard of sex for fun? I know to a lot of Thai people the thought is horrifying and ladies are taught to be "good girls", you will be disrespected if you "put out" before you are married but that's a load of horse crap!

Sexual repression is a product of a male dominated society, wher the males like to keep all you girls in the right place.......home doing the cooking. Its instigated by our "great leaders" and religious nuts - yeah the self same religious nuts that tell Africans that they should not use condoms despite the very high risk of HIV.

Funny thing about Thai society, girls are taught this way - to be a "good girl" and save themselves until they are married, yet what are the Thai guys doing? Take a look in the "Thai Cafes" or "Karaoke Bars" at night. The sex industry for Thai nationals was (and still is) alive and kicking a long time before farangs arrived - I'd guess that its stil 80% Thai.

Thankfully things seem to be changing and girls are waking up to the fact that they can take control and enjoy sex without being married or feeling ashamed. Slowly though.

However, in no way do I condone unsafe sex..........that is something that needs to be tackled as Eastern countries gradually awaken to the fact that sex is actually quite nice - without it having to be linked to marriage or even a long term relationship.

Khun Lung........you gotta be joking right? Less interested in sex as you get older..........no way man - maybe for you!

End of Rant :D

• 7 years later...
Or, maybe she has morals.

Having sex before marriage has nothing to do with having sex after marriage. If you do not make her happy after marriage, there is not going to be a lot of sex, regardless of what transpired prior to.

Or, maybe she is revealing to you that this is the way she was brought up and that she has some sense of morality.

Let me add, statistics have shown, in the US, that living together did not increase the chances that a marriage would last; in fact, couples who lived together first are more likely to divorce than those who don't.

Sex is certainly a wonderful component of marriage, but if you don't focus on the fundamentals of human compatability, even great sex before or after marriage will not keep your marriage together. The key to a woman is her soul, not her body.

it would be nice if others guys have the same thought as u :)