Do you have Thai-ness? Here's how you can know.

GTO454man

26 Ways of Knowing if you have Thai-ness or not.

1.You look four ways before crossing a one way street.

2.You put salt and chilli on your fruit…

3.A Thai cop stops you for a minor infraction and you automatically reach for your wallet..

4.You think that a Honda City is a prestigious car.

5.You can't remember the last time you wore a suit and tie.

6.You think a polo shirt and jeans are formal attire.

7.You aren't upset when the bar girl next to you eats beetles as a snack.

8.You wake up in the morning and realize that you have nowhere to go and all day to get there.

9.You think white wine goes well with Som Tam.

10.You understand when your Thai wife says, My friend you or Same, same, but different.

11.A Thai bar girl you've just met tells you that her mother is deathly ill and you just laugh and walk away.

12.You realize that your Thai wife's loyalties belong to

1st. Her parents.

2nd. Her brats from a previous marriage to other Thai-scoundrels who deserted her.

3rd. Any remaining blood relatives.

4th. The family's buffalo.

5th. The family's goldfish.

and Last… "You"

13.You consider your mobile phone a fashion accessory.

14.You start wearing sandals everywhere…

15.You start driving cars barefeet…

16.You no longer enjoy Songkran. Instead, you stay home with a stack of videos.

17.You become an expert on buying and selling gold jewellery.

18.You believe that buying a gold chain is an acceptable courtship ritual, or at least a form of foreplay.

19.Dogs become animals you'd rather kick than pet.

20.You believe someone with an IQ of 90 is really intelligent…

21.When driving a car you'll start using every free inch of the road.

22.You flash your 4 indicator lights when driving straight on at an intersection.

23.It's two days before payday, so you only go to bars with balloons strung outside…

24.You realize that all the important words in Thai begin with the letter S. Sanuk (Fun), Saduak (convenient), Sabai (comfortable), Suay (pretty).

25.You think a calendar more useful than a watch…

26.You stand in the shadow of a telephone pole while waiting for a bus...

IF You Can confess to any one of these "YOU HAVE THAI-NESS"

Why do you ask that? Does my post need to be plagiarized to have your respect>? Just enjoy.......I will submit more soon. Thank You.

It's always a great idea to post Your source, in this case it's possible to fina a stickboy posting from way back in 2009 - being quite similar...

http://www.stickboydaily.com/travel/you-know-youve-been-in-thailand-too-long-when/

But I would think digging beyond page 1 of google would give some older versions even...

So just a polite question as to where did YOU find it ?

And answers to the post...

1. I have never seen a oneway street in Thailand

2. Yes I do, at least some fruits not banana and oranges

3. No I do not, no thainess there, I go all the way and get my drivers license back the next day...

4. No - But I am beginning to like Isuzu D-Max

5. Yes I can 2009 when I got married

6. it is, shorts are only for casual wear

7. I wouldn't know as I never had a bargirl next to me, and never saw anyone who actually did eat bugs

8. Never tried that too

9. Wine is never the right choice, that goes with white, red or rose

10. My wife never said that, and I would think I would reply with "Whaaa aa aa aaaa aat ??"

11. I never did meet a bargirl, or at least I never met someone saying she was a bargirl, and never met anyone with a deadly ill mother, I think I would show some compassion when I do...

12. My wife do have a family and sure as I do, she also have a great loyalty towards the family, she do not have kids (I do), she never married before (I have been) - She and her family do not have a buffalo and there are no pets in the family too, no goldfish...

13. it is, no one in the world is important enough to actually NEED a mobile...

14. Not in temples and houses

15. I have racing pedals they hurt Your feet actually, so no I don't

16. I always enjoyed songkhran, with themple going in the morning, and then food with the extended family

17. I will never become an expert of that for sure, I do have an eiffeltower for sale but apart from that... nope...

18. I never tried to date with a gold selling lady, probably a great aproach though, at least an icebreaker

19. Dogs are dogs, better leave them that way, then they will not disturb my circles too

20. The writer of this list do not seem overly intelligent, so no not yet

21. Not possible, I am not driving an 18 wheeler

22. If I am having an emergency situation yeah why not

23. No never go to a bar, balloons or no balloons

24. Sure... sanambin (airport - get the hell back to Your hole in the dessert kind of thing)

25. It is, unless Your watch have a calendar function, as some peoples actually plan ahead not from beer to beer

26. Nope I like the sun too so not really thai there too

I am sure I do have, and any other -ness

This post was meant to be rhetorical, meaning that it requires no answer. For those who need to know a source, sorry, I don't remember . Please keep in mind I only found this website a day or 2 ago. Deciding which forum to post it on was an afterthought. Making it available to as many to enjoy was my goal. To the administrator, thank you.

This post was meant to be rhetorical, meaning that it requires no answer. For those who need to know a source, sorry, I don't remember . Please keep in mind I only found this website a day or 2 ago. Deciding which forum to post it on was an afterthought. Making it available to as many to enjoy was my goal. To the administrator, thank you.

23.It's two days before payday, so you only go to bars with balloons strung outside…

IF You Can confess to any one of these "YOU HAVE THAI-NESS"

Today is two days before my payday, i would like to know that where i can find bars with bolloons strung outside, please kindly help I really want to have something Thai-ness.

:confused: