is there a God?

zeusbheld

is there a God? if not, what?

the question has come up a number of times in other topics about religion and philosophy.

post what you think here, if you're interested.

if you disagree, keep it civil.

i'm not going to post my opinion or beliefs, i'm not gonna commewnt on yours either. i'm just making a place to play for those who have something to say on the subject since it has come up a few times lately.

i deliberately did NOT make it a poll, so people with alternative beliefs can toss their 2 baht in the pot.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if God was one of us

Just a slob like one of us

Just a stranger on the bus

Trying to make his way home

He's trying to make his way home

Back up to heaven all alone

Nobody calling on the phone

Except for the pope maybe in rome

And yeah yeah God is great yeah yeah God is good

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if god was one of us

Just a slob like one of us

Just a stranger on the bus

Trying to make his way home

Just trying to make his way home

Like a holy rolling stone

Back up to heaven all alone

Just trying to make his way home

Nobody calling on the phone

Except for the pope maybe in rome

* r@ally *

:):D

what if god smoked cannibus

hit the bong like some of us

bla bla bla

i think god is something people made up to give their lives meaning.

It helps to compensate for the fear of death,thinking that there is someplace to go when you die.Some people just can't comprehend that when the end comes,its over,anf you no longer exist.The only thing that remains are other peoples memories of you with soon die aswell.

There is not god to meet in an afterlife.

Only in the bible does this god talk to people.Not in the real world.

If there was an all seeing,all knowing god,then the world would be a different place,and my bad life experiances would not of happend.

is there a God? if not, what?

the question has come up a number of times in other topics about religion and philosophy.

post what you think here, if you're interested.

if you disagree, keep it civil.

i'm not going to post my opinion or beliefs, i'm not gonna commewnt on yours either. i'm just making a place to play for those who have something to say on the subject since it has come up a few times lately.

i deliberately did NOT make it a poll, so people with alternative beliefs can toss their 2 baht in the pot.

Sure there's a God Zeus, I've met you 8)

A god as described in the Bible, Koran, Torah...no.

But each of us has something spiritual inside, if nothing more than to ask, "Why am I the only one who can see through my eyes? I am unique to all other humans on earth because I am ME! And what happens after *I* am the one to die?"

Man created god (not the other way around) to explain what cannot otherwise be explained. And the mysteries about ourselves make us wonder.

In my view, god comes from within us. He (or she) can be anything we want, but holds the keys to the mysteries of life. Will we ever know, even after death? No one knows.

Yeah..but then if you read a book its usually "tainted" (i think thats the word) by the author.....Wasnt that why we had excursions at school? So we didnt have to see through other ppl's eyes n views, but judge for ourselves. :?:

well said abi, sometimes things seem too good to be true. and they are usually not true. you have to have some faith about things, but you also have to be honest with yourself and believe what you are comfortable with. no one is going to take a birthday off you just because you don't believe everything someone tells you. have faith, but only if you want to 8) :lol: :shock:

A god as described in the Bible, Koran, Torah...no.

But each of us has something spiritual inside, if nothing more than to ask, "Why am I the only one who can see through my eyes? I am unique to all other humans on earth because I am ME! And what happens after *I* am the one to die?"

Man created god (not the other way around) to explain what cannot otherwise be explained. And the mysteries about ourselves make us wonder.

In my view, god comes from within us. He (or she) can be anything we want, but holds the keys to the mysteries of life. Will we ever know, even after death? No one knows.

Wow! you always seem to have like really good views.....can you teach me stuff?

Sure! Refer to the forum thread about "Would you marry a virgin". hehehehe KIDDING NA!!!

bla bla bla

It helps to compensate for the fear of death,thinking that there is someplace to go when you die.Some people just can't comprehend that when the end comes,its over,anf you no longer exist.The only thing that remains are other peoples memories of you with soon die aswell.

If there was an all seeing,all knowing god,then the world would be a different place,and my bad life experiances would not of happend.

I agree with that...unless a hand reaches on from the sky and says "i am god" ......then.....I'll believe there's a god

And the bibble? its a book.....authors write books, authors are people....so its made up.....just like when your parents say the boggie man will get you when ur naughty.....

Well now you did it , :shock: YOu spoke blasphemy!!! and you shall need to be spanked you naughty girl :P

Well I have not won the lottery I cant find a wife, my football team alway's loses ,

the brewery next door closed down, at least the sun still shines

Is there a God I don't think so :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Maybe Satan bought out your team, but God still controls the sun?[/quote

Of course he does :wink: LIke the great Wizard of OZ :P

bla bla bla

There is actually a theological reason for that.

Are you trying to tell me that you have no free will? You have never made a decision which screwed up your own life? And as for those things which are much larger, the Bible tells us that we live in the Devil's world. How do you think things are going to be?

bla bla bla

There is actually a theological reason for that.

Are you trying to tell me that you have no free will? You have never made a decision which screwed up your own life? And as for those things which are much larger, the Bible tells us that we live in the Devil's world. How do you think things are going to be?

Good point !! We have free will and ther for we can make heaven or hell right here on earth NOW. ONly a fool would wait to die to get to heaven !!!!!

The Kingdom of Spirit is embodied in my flesh, I am a center of expression for the Primal Will-to-Good which eternally creates and sustains the Universe.

All people ultimately possess higher consciousness and it is when that is activated that one sees God in all living beings. Through the eyes of heart one can see God.

NIce I like that :D

The Kingdom of Spirit is embodied in my flesh, I am a center of expression for the Primal Will-to-Good which eternally creates and sustains the Universe.

All people ultimately possess higher consciousness and it is when that is activated that one sees God in all living beings. Through the eyes of heart one can see God.

Correct me if im wrong....but wasnt there a bit in the davinci code that said men can have a glimpse of god.......just for a split second when he ejaculates?

Or did i get that from somewhere else?

Speaking for myself I prefer to see a Goddess when I ejaculate :wink:

Correct me if im wrong....but wasnt there a bit in the davinci code that said men can have a glimpse of god.......just for a split second when he ejaculates?

Or did i get that from somewhere else?

All energy is sexual in nature

NOw thats disgusting and crude and I agree :P

I'm not a guy so I'm gonna need ur opinion on that......

How did the god subject turn into sex?

Ok, I've never had that experience so I can't vouch for whether it's possible or not. I think that in a religious "sex" ceremony (like in the da vinci code) men could experience something they argue say was seeing God. We can convince ourselves of pretty much anything if we want.

Women get the shorter side of the straw (is that the saying?)

I mean in the davinci code the guys get to see god.......all we do is experience the pain of giving life

In the Koran the blokes get like heaps of virgins....n we get to touch allah's face.....

huh? :?:

If anyone sees GOD during Orgasm it is a woman !!! who has a longer more intense Orgasm and even can reach Multiple Os

As for the heaps of virgin that would be a nightmare :P