Pradit mulls enforced insurance for tourists | Bangkok Post: news

The Public Health Ministry is considering a measure to force foreign tourists to buy travel and health insurance before travelling to Thailand.

Pradit mulls enforced insurance for tourists | Bangkok Post: news

A good idea but what about those who have overseas insurance already included in their private health insurance? I hope mine will be able to to provide a certificate in English!

A good idea but what about those who have overseas insurance already included in their private health insurance? I hope mine will be able to to provide a certificate in English!

I forget which site it was on but some old dude was pissing and moaning about the visas already being too expensive and the cost of medical care in Thailand being prohibitive if you don't have insurance.

No offense to those living on a fixed income or whatever but if you can't afford to live in a developing status country, maybe instead of complaining about the cost of everything, perhaps you should consider that it was the other 55 or 60 years of bad choices that put you in this situation.

Again, it's not that you don't have enough money, it's the bitching and moaning that the world should revolve around your budget. If Thailand is too expensive, go somewhere else! If your pension isn't sufficient enough to live anywhere, go back home and apply for benefits. Why is it Thailand's problem that you can't afford a 2,000 baht visa?

The part that had me pissing was when he was talking about the cost of medical care being high in Thailand. Compared to what? People fly to Thailand from every corner of the earth specifically because the medical care is cheap.

I forget which site it was on but some old dude was pissing and moaning about the visas already being too expensive and the cost of medical care in Thailand being prohibitive if you don't have insurance.

No offense to those living on a fixed income or whatever but if you can't afford to live in a developing status country, maybe instead of complaining about the cost of everything, perhaps you should consider that it was the other 55 or 60 years of bad choices that put you in this situation.

Again, it's not that you don't have enough money, it's the bitching and moaning that the world should revolve around your budget. If Thailand is too expensive, go somewhere else! If your pension isn't sufficient enough to live anywhere, go back home and apply for benefits. Why is it Thailand's problem that you can't afford a 2,000 baht visa?

The part that had me pissing was when he was talking about the cost of medical care being high in Thailand. Compared to what? People fly to Thailand from every corner of the earth specifically because the medical care is cheap.

Well, you always find those people who at home are eating the mastic of their windows, as we use to say, and then complain about everything they find abroad. Poor but annoying bastards!