Love eating prawns? You’ll go right off them after we tell you what THEY are fed on

admin

These days we pick up a packet of frozen prawns from the supermarket almost without thinking. They’re healthy, flavour-some and cheap enough to count as an affordable treat, perhaps on a skewer for a barbecue or daintily arranged for a dinner party starter.

Love eating prawns? You’ll go right off them after we tell you what THEY are fed on

So the guy dont want to pay more but put a shitload of expenses to the fisherman in Thailand :D

I will continue to support my local prawnseller at the local marked, as I really really do like food with prawns, and this story do not change that part a bit...

I would not think it is nessesary to traffic burmeese peoples into working on a prawntrawler too, as they actually immigrate illigally into the country in search of work...

So an article that is targeted towards moving consumers from Thailand to Europe/US... nice try... Ecology tried that years back in Denmark, telling everyone how bad non ecological food was - it backfired and I suspect that a story like this will do just that...

The industry is corrupt, poisons the sea, and poisons us!

The chemicals, hormones, and anti fungal agents used in farming Shrimp are pure cancer, I won't touch them for that reason..... further more the reefs they are killing by illegally piping the run offs into is just pure criminal, I've seen 1km square pristine reefs killed in a year because of these farms.

And yeah, the Burmese that work in this industry are treated like ****.....

My impression is that burmeese working in any industry here are treated like ****, but obviously better than in Burma, or I would recon they would stay home and work...

And yes in the industrial world the sea is filled with all kinds of nasty things, Japaneese fishermen died from eating too much fish, as it was filled with heavy metals...

In Europe peoples die from earlier harmless deceases, because pinicillin is no more effecient, after we have been filling it into our food production animals, or men loose the ability to reproduce, because production in the fields are filled up with strawshortener...

Europe send all the dangerous waste to Africa and India to be dismantled, and at the same time try to impose strict ecological production to poorer countries, it is double standards at least...

I love seafood, and as I am an old man, and always have been living my life on the edge (I was born in a highly industrialized country, where production animals never ever come in contact with each other or the fresh air outside the big plants they live in) - I like to think : Death needs a reason, why not food that I like... Then at least I do not harm my liver and brain from drinking or my lungs from smoking...

Geezers obviously not seen bodies of Burmese fishermen washing up dead on the beach, and thinks because he's ******* old now nothing really matters that much!

'' try to impose strict ecological production to poorer countries '' this has nothing to do with us, they should police this **** themselves rather than just turn a blind eye to it......

Geezers obviously not seen bodies of Burmese fishermen washing up dead on the beach, and thinks because he's ******* old now nothing really matters that much!

'' try to impose strict ecological production to poorer countries '' this has nothing to do with us, they should police this **** themselves rather than just turn a blind eye to it......

To be fair, I think he was more talking about the health risks from the crap in the seafood than the human cost. But your point does have validity; too many consumers do not consider the human and ecological costs of what is on their plate.

Must have rushed over the boarders to get their heads kicked in in Thailand....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d8i58Owpb8&feature=player_embedded

You have a video, that clearly state they do not speak thai any of them, there are a video without the speakers and certainly they do not speak any kind of thai that I understand, why do You think it has been filmed in Thailand ? And as You can read from several of the comments the clip has been known for years now, even om facebook...

And by the way as I never ever ever would be using a woman in the sex industry - I have a hard time figuring out why that would make me stop eating schrimp ??

For the record, I am against fishermen drifting around being dead at the beaches, stop doing that, I am against mens right to buy a woman for sexual pleasures, hence I am against the sexual trading and human trafficking - I am against all kind of stoning or whipping of unfaithful women (or men, as it is practiced in a great part of the muslim world) - I am against non environmentally safe and sound food production I am against the burning of fossil fuels - But I still like to eat schrimp, and not many places in the world do I get better tasting seafood than in Thailand...