Farang, so jealous

Chatty

i mean farang who live and work in thailand.

1. most of them have a nice job get good pay while Thai ppl who have higher education get **** pay

2. most of them live in luxury condo. in the heart of BKK while Thai ppl who is in the middle class were kicked out of town, i can't afford it.

3. when they get in any place they are all welcome no matter what they are dressing...

4. no matter how old u r.. u can get laid if u have money.

may be i'm wrong.. but sometime i really think this way... :twisted:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Neung,

We have the same problem here. On another level. All these Eurocrates, ppl who work for the European Comission in Brussels, gain at least 3 to 4 times more then we who do the same job but for he Belgian Government (a man/woman who simply clean the buildings of the EU gains 2 times more than me). Their taxes are also lower. As I live not so far from Brussels, it's almost impossible to hire or buy a house around Brussels for us anymore. Because the prices r sooo high.

Same, same .......... but different.

BCool,

I can understand why you should think this but actually....................its about money rather than about farangs.

The same thing applies in any city, anywhere in the world - you should try having a normal salary and buying/renting a house in the UK. A lot of young people here cannot even rent a small flat alone, they have to share.

At least in BKK you can still get a reasonable small aircon room for 3500b per month - ok...........maybe across the river but still not too far from BTS. Try doing that in London.

Bcool

Are you jealous

is that what the problem is

I love living in my nice house in the country which i rent earning my meager wage - which isn;t a lot

I pay my taxes, I pay my social insurance - I work for the government so I am helping the Thai people

Who the **** are you to say that

Why are you on THailand friends if it isn't to get laid and set up with a rich farang

Or is it true that you are a fake on here

Or is it more that you are particuraly repulsive to look at in your photos and nobody is really going to go near you.

Well

Mrsquirrel,

I agree with viggop.

The original message was describing a feeling. It did not depict any anger or resentment. As seen from the messages before... we all have these feelings somewhere, sometimes.

In no way does the original post/question justify your aggressive towards her. As for some of your other posts/questions over the recent day(s) ... it gives me the impression you are having a real problem. Instead of bluntly starting to comment on a site like this it would do you well, hanging around for a while and getting to know the people better as well as thai culture.

After all we are all guests and it's people like you with aggressive behaviour that depict the foreigner in a bad way. When in Thailand behave and watch your language or see your social status go down the drain.

Hey I agree It's not fair that farang people get better treated than their thai counterparts thats one of many reasons why farangs go to thailand, it's the all mighty dollar (or baht) that has the power and its always going to remain the same unless there is a big social change within thailand :(:(

1. most of them have a nice job get good pay while Thai ppl who have higher education get sh*t pay

I once saw a job advertised in the bbkpost, highschool or vocational grad, good typing skills,english etc...25000 baht starting salary...contact the Australian Embassy...bla bla bla. sounds like thai wages could do with a raise

I don't know why the other thread was locked but if you read Mikeaussieguy's post, he wrote some interesting comments. I feel similar to him that it does get a bit tiresome when Thais point the finger at farangs, blaming us for the situation they are in.

Thais should look closer to home to find out why they are earning a **** wage. Could it be that the rich of the rich are keeping the money for themselves, to live in their 6 bedroom mansions and keep their 4 cars running instead of spreading the money evenly around the population?

What chance does a kid from the poorer families of Thailand have to make a decent life for themselves? Their parents will be lucky to earn 5000 baht a month to live in a shack with about 8 other people. The kid will probably have to leave school at 12 years old to go and work in a field or will be sent into a life of prostitution to help the family earn money.

What chance does a kid have of breaking out of this circle of life? - None.

Is that farangs fault???? ......I doubt these kids have ever seen a farang.

1. most of them have a nice job get good pay while Thai ppl who have higher education get sh*t pay

It is unfair that thais are paid less than foreigners with similar skills and positions. (and women paid less than men)

But turn the pb the other way: companies are not charities but are made to make profit!!!

you increase your profit by developping you revenue and cuting in costs.

Usually in service companies salaries represent the largest part of costs. So why companies do hire foreigners with high salaries while they could get thais doing the same job cheaper?????

>>> maybe because they cannot find local pple doing the same job....

now why do these companies have to pay so high salaries to foreigners?

>>> coz if you want to have the right professional to your company you need to attract him/her, and the best way is money (wheter his thai or foreigner)

>>> to attract foreigners from abroad you need to give them at least similar conditions as they have in their home country (where salaries are usually higher). not everybody think that living in thailand is so cooool and they come for money and maybe lower taxes

now i dont think there is a pb of racism there. I met many asian people with strong professional skills coming to work in europe with higher salaries than european pple. why they got so good wages? >>> cos they were the only ones able to to the job!!!!

Be realistic pple and try to be a little bit in the entrepreneur's shoes!!!!

its all about money,we are precieved as rich people.

thats only because of the exchange rate.

most of us are poor as dirt in our own country.

how much respect do farangs get in thailand?

is it all show to help part us from the loads of cash it appears we have?

i think so.

I can buy a house in thailand,but i can't own the land it is on.

I can't become a thai citizen,or be treated the same as a thai.I will always be just a farang even after 20+ years.

A Thai can come here,and become a citizen.

will be treated as an equal,and not descriminated against.

can buy land,a house,and get a job makeing twice as much money as i can.

that goes for everyone that moves here.

the friggin government will even give you a huge loan to start your own business.If they don't the bank certainly will.

Women will never make good pay in thailand,because they are descriminated against like it was here untill the women's rights orgs started up.

I think thats most of the reason women hook up with farangs aswell.They will never have any buying power,or a comfortable lifestyle.So they hook up with a farang,because they think he has lots of money to take care.Finacial gain comes first,love comes last if at all.

An anecdote:

I interviewed with a farang-owned software company in Bangkok recently - a company that employs many Thais. My interview was with the CTO, who is farang. This company has been in business in Bangkok for 10 years, and the CTO has been there for 4 years.

He said that the CEO had initially wanted him to hire a Thai, as they could pay that person a Thai-level wage. But CTO felt that a thai employee wouldn't have sufficient motivation to get the job done on time, so they were looking for a farang at 3x-5x the Thai wage instead.

Quote: "Farang are detail- and result-oriented. Thais are more concerned with the heart."

That's a pretty nice way of putting it. But it's an observation that I've heard from both farang and western-educated Thais. Yep. I've had Thais tell me that thai-educated Thais don't make very good employees.

On a more general level, there's an interesting book available from Asia Books:

Working with the Thais: Managing in Thailand

It purports to describe a number of examples of "typical thai" behavior in the office. I can safely say that a good number of those behaviors would get one fired quickly in America.

Such as the secretary that, when asked why she hadn't faxed an important document in the past 24 hours, refused to talk and just stared at her desk waiting for her boss to go away. He asked a direct question, in person. She stared at the desk and ignored him.

If I recall correctly, the rationale was that admitting guilt would make her lose face, so she simply said nothing.

one of the reason for salary levels in thailand to be low are that prices levels in market are low.

you want the waitress to make more money and to have salary close to western standards. Fine but are you ready to pay your beer 5 or 6 times the price??? (same as westerners prices)

maybe not....

Such situation is particulary true for unskilled jobs and lower salaries but cannot be generalised (the GM of Thai Airways being thai, makes certainly as much money a the GM of British Airways or Lufthansa...)

One of the guy in forum was talking about money repartition in the thai society. He's absolutely right!!! Richest people in Thailand are not foreigners but the 2% of thai nationals owning 80% of thailand wealth!!!

Who is to be blamed now...?!?!

A large part of thai economy is living on tourism and currencies imported by foreigners visiting Thailand... so pls dont complain too much about foreigners....

- Umm... i have one farang friend who work as management level for oil & gas company. He earn lots and lives in luxury condo at central bangkok area but only one week in a month that he can sleep in his condo , mostly travelling .. OK..ok ..The point is .. they also have to work hard and under lots pressures for that big money they made.

2. most of them live in luxury condo. in the heart of BKK while Thai ppl who is in the middle class were kicked out of town, i can't afford it.

3. when they get in any place they are all welcome no matter what they are dressing...

4. no matter how old u r.. u can get laid if u have money.

Let's take it point-by-point, Neung.

<<1. most of them have a nice job get good pay while Thai ppl who have higher education get sh*t pay>>

By far most farangs are teaching English and if full-time and with a university degree are making 40-50,000 baht per month. Sure, by Thai standards this is a lot, but by farang standards it is not. For example 50,000 baht is equal to US$1,250 per month or $15,000 per year and that is below the poverty level where I come from (USA). So indeed MOST farangs are taking a very big cut in pay to work and live in Thailand simply for the privilege of being here. If teaching institutions offered less, there would be no one willing to take the job. And please consider the hassles farang have to put up with...visa runs, sometimes having to pay from their own pocket to get a work permit, etc.

<<2. most of them live in luxury condo. in the heart of BKK while Thai ppl who is in the middle class were kicked out of town, i can't afford it.>>

I think this is a misconception on your part, Neung. The ones living in luxury condos are either already wealthy or are expats working for a foreign company and being paid in foreign currency, not baht. There are still others who provided services such as writing or technical assistance by "telecommuting" (using their computers to do a job that can be done from anywhere) and they too are paid in foreign currency. The rest of us tend to live in modest apartments and in some cases cheap Thai-style rooms.

<<3. when they get in any place they are all welcome no matter what they are dressing...>>

You made no reference to the expectation of foreigners spending money, only dress. So I assume by that you mean the Khaosan Road type farangs. But I do have to say that farangs who VISIT Thailand do spend a lot of money and leave huge tips at restaurants unlike farang who live here. If you were a merchant, wouldn't you welcome them too? And yes, some of them smell bad and look disgusting!

<<4. no matter how old u r.. u can get laid if u have money.>>

Others have addressed this point to death. I think it's better to just say, "You can get laid if you have money." Period.

1st of all i wanna say sorry that i posted this topic twice, cuz my computer network sucks today.. indeed :cry: so i couldn't edit or delete one of them until now...

2nd just for mrsquirrel, i dunno what i did to u... hope there is nothing personal, ok? If i wanna get laid with rich farang i will post another topic on my own.. and i didn't asked u about my profile ok ?? if u wanna talk about it pls post make ur own topic i don't care. ok peace out man

I pay my taxes, I pay my social insurance - I work for the government so I am helping the Thai people

i pay taxes too. and everyone who live in thailand does except the person who can earn less than 8000 b. per month ok? pls don't say u help us

okay, let's me explain, i don't want u guys get me wrong... i never angry or hate farang. never ever okay? If i hate farang i wouldn't get involve TF.

Moreover, i didn't blame u guys, i don't think it's all ur fault, just feel it unfair...

if i wanna blame i'd blame the Gov. and thai ppl who never fight for thai employee.

Bcool

Are you jealous

is that what the problem is

I love living in my nice house in the country which i rent earning my meager wage - which isn;t a lot

Who the f*ck are you to say that

Why are you on THailand friends if it isn't to get laid and set up with a rich farang

Or is it true that you are a fake on here

Or is it more that you are particuraly repulsive to look at in your photos and nobody is really going to go near you.

Well

Well that was uncalled for. Bcool is a very nice LADY and was simply voicing her opinion on a social reality that i imagine many Thai people go thru. Having foreigners do so well simply because they are foreign is iritating to anyone. We have the same feelings here for people who our Government gives buisness loans which we as citizens are not allowed. As for looks she is a cuty and has nice **** and you squirrely are just a BOOB

As much as Bcool seems to be a nice lady, her post is out of line. I always have trouble with people that are expressing hate against other because of their skin color or race which explain why I am disapointed with that post.

So in Bcool world, only farangs are rich and shag around and there is no rich Thai ******* around. Well girl grow up and look around you.

Foreigners living inThailand have various conditions, some were rich before coming over and just realized they could have 10x more fun in here with the same amount of money and have a better life (Maid, Driver, Nice house......Girls....). Some other are working on international assignement for a big company and there is no reason for them to have a decrease in their salary because Thailand GDP is lower than US or UK.

And ultimately, I am very skeptical about Thai being better educated than foreigners. How many nobel price in Thailand ? Is there a school in Thailand which diploma is recognize as a world reference ? Would love to know as it would most likely help supporting Bcool point.

As far as I am concerned Bcool post is as lame as earing "All Thai girls are prostitute"

By far most farangs are teaching English and if full-time and with a university degree are making 40-50,000 baht per month. Sure, by Thai standards this is a lot, but by farang standards it is not. For example 50,000 baht is equal to US$1,250 per month or $15,000 per year and that is below the poverty level where I come from (USA). So indeed MOST farangs are taking a very big cut in pay to work and live in Thailand simply for the privilege of being here. If teaching institutions offered less, there would be no one willing to take the job. And please consider the hassles farang have to put up with...visa runs, sometimes having to pay from their own pocket to get a work permit, etc.

You make good points but Its not how much you make or if it is alot in your own country, its how much you have to spend at the end of the day. Not what you are accustoned to but how much for beer clubs dinners etc Compared to those who have little or non

:idea:

As much as Bcool seems to be a nice lady, her post is out of line. I always have trouble with people that are expressing hate against other because of their skin color or race which explain why I am disapointed with that post.

So in Bcool world, only farangs are rich and shag around and there is no rich Thai ******* around. Well girl grow up and look around you.

Foreigners living inThailand have various conditions, some were rich before coming over and just realized they could have 10x more fun in here with the same amount of money and have a better life (Maid, Driver, Nice house......Girls....). Some other are working on international assignement for a big company and there is no reason for them to have a decrease in their salary because Thailand GDP is lower than US or UK.

And ultimately, I am very skeptical about Thai being better educated than foreigners. How many nobel price in Thailand ? Is there a school in Thailand which diploma is recognize as a world reference ? Would love to know as it would most likely help supporting Bcool point.

As far as I am concerned Bcool post is as lame as earing "All Thai girls are prostitute"

Bcool was stating how she felt and was inteligemt about it not hateful, YOU can disagree but don;t make her out to be hateful she made valid points :roll:

Bcool was stating how she felt and was inteligemt about it not hateful, YOU can disagree but don;t make her out to be hateful she made valid points :roll:

Well.. there are just diffirent opinions from diffirent perspectives and parametres. :idea:

Valid point ? What valid poiint ?

The only valid point she made is that she is jalous of other being more succesful than she is and illustrate this feeling by ocusing on a minority in order to get the support of the masses.

This is the same thinking that get people to hate jew or other minorities.

I am sorry I cannot support this kinda of thinking. I maintain my position. Bcool post is lame.