Farang, so jealous

Chatty

Valid point ? What valid poiint ?

The only valid point she made is that she is jalous of other being more succesful than she is and illustrate this feeling by ocusing on a minority in order to get the support of the masses.

This is the same thinking that get people to hate jew or other minorities.

I am sorry I cannot support this kinda of thinking. I maintain my position. Bcool post is lame.

hmm Laurence... don't take it personaly pls. If u know me u won't say that... it's just my point of view...I don't think it's wrong to speak up, we are in different culture... and not only me who think like this pls understand. I'm not a farang hater..BTW if u don't want to support me i won't give a damn..if u think this topic is lame just turn back and read another topic i don't give a damn... and if u don't like me just don't see my profile and don't read what i post i don't give a damn. I don't know, have u ever read any journal that i posted?? i'm not that kind of serious person and i'm not think that way. and i don't want this topic's gonna turn out like this. may be my eng. is not good enough to make u understand what is in my head..

For u guys out there who gave me the opinion right here, many of u r right, made me more understand.

jealous in my meaning is not that strong.... ok? pls don't get me wrong.. for ppl who met me in person... and ppl who chat with me or read my journals i think u guys understand what kinda person i am....Jealous what i say in here is just the expression like when u guys go out to join the party and i don't have a chance to do that....

I'm really sorry if this topic is too serious...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LauRence my Sweet Darling.

I think she just meant to say something but she didnt express it very well..... really.

Its a Prob like this everywhere.....

Life is obivously NOT fair and its easy to blame someone who is more fortunate.

For example... the Taxi drivers in BKK....

If you ever noticed.... They seem to be such a big pain on the road for no good reason especially to those fancy cars...

*sigh*

-Riya-

i 4. no matter how old u r.. u can get laid if u have money.

Actually . . . even if you don't have money.

Well, the first time I make a humorous reply, seems that everyone else goes and gets all serious. It's understandable.

But there's always more than one side to the coin. What bcool expressed is (1) her perception that farang who live and work in Thailand are better off than Thais); and (2) her feeling that she's jealous of them.

Everyone has different experiences that lead them to their perceptions and feelings. bcool simply expressed hers in a pointed, matter-of-fact way. Some of the responses to the post did the same.

It's unfortunate, however, when a response goes to the personal level, even attacking someone's appearance, ascribing to them character traits that their post did not exhibit. Though I've never met bcool in person, I've chatted with her many times. I've never detected any anti-farang sentiment, xenophobia, or hatred from her. She's one of the most low-key, laid back people I've ever met. And besides, she's got great . . . eyes! (Hmmm . . . what did you think I was gonna say?)

bcool expressed herself very well, in an open, lucid manner, based on her experience. Her post is not deserving of responses that stoop to a personal level.

Well said....Took the words right out of my mouth.

OK, this is probably the only time i will ever agree with _rob, but I agree with what he posted above.

Actually bcool, is pretty cool, one of her hobbies is photography and a few months after my son, Hayden was born she offered to take some pics for free for us, that is not the act of someone who has a hatred of farangs.....

Unfortunately at that time I was havign to travel a lot and to be honest forgot all about it until I read this thread!!!!

Regarding your first point, think about it from the perspective of the employer: Why would a company pay a foreigner several times as much as a Thai with the same level of education? Could it be due to the difference in the QUALITY of the education? A degree from Ramkamhaeng University cannot be compared with a degree from a western university. Also, a higher education does not necessarily mean a better employee. This is not simply my opinion. The evidence of the marketplace bears this out.

Regarding your second point: There are rich and poor foreigners in Bangkok, just like there are rich and poor Thais. The richer people live in the nicer places and the poorer ones live in the cheaper places. That's the way economics work. But there is no way you can say that all, or even most, foreigners are rich and Thais poor. Furthermore, the population about which you are making your observation is skewed: Less-educated foreigners who wouldn't earn much in Thailand tend not to come here. So you're seeing only the ones who can earn enough to make it worth being here.

On your third point: This is a matter to be addressed to your fellow Thais who determine who is welcome in their places of business. If foreigners are welcome in places in spite of being poorly dressed, this means that some Thai businesses have learned not to judge our spending power by the way we dress.

And regarding your final point: Great, isn't it? But what does this have to do with being foreign? This point applies equally to Thais.

i mean farang who live and work in thailand.

1. most of them have a nice job get good pay while Thai ppl who have higher education get sh*t pay

2. most of them live in luxury condo. in the heart of BKK while Thai ppl who is in the middle class were kicked out of town, i can't afford it.

3. when they get in any place they are all welcome no matter what they are dressing...

4. no matter how old u r.. u can get laid if u have money.

may be i'm wrong.. but sometime i really think this way... :twisted:

Here under.... a very sad story....

My friend told me a few days ago...

A french couple were being employed to be chefs at a five stars Hotel in Phanom Phen, Cambodia.

They had a little boy with them there.

They managed to get thier boy into the int.school.

One day... a group of cambodian men broke in the school...

The little french boy was unluckily got shot 3 times and died.....

The Police managed to catch those men..

The police asked them why did they killed the boy...

They claimed that didnt mean to kill this french Boy...

They used to work for a korean couple and they was abused for some reason.

So, they had planed to rob this int.school and then kill the son of the korean's couple.. at the same time.

But that day.. the korean boy happened to be ill .. and he didnt come to school...

So, they couldnt be able to find the korean boy and this french Boy was crying and screaming too loud ... they lost their temper and simply shot the boy..

What a very sad thing that had happened to the french couple... : (

My points are....

Life is NOT fair... get used to it..

Nobody's life is perfect...

The grasses are always greener at the other sides of the fence...

Try NOT to look only the things that make you feel low and down.

I personally dont feel that bearing grudges & holding jealousy are healthy... that might lead you to be a bitter person. You have to process everything and let go of it... really

********moderator alert***********

dear mr squirrel, this post of yours, it's a cheap shot. the rules and conditions clearly forbid personal attacks. perhaps yoou need to reread them.

dont do anything even remotely like this again, you went way beyond the usual spontaneous cheap shot into a premeditated and drawn out attack.

you have been warned. have a nice day.

*****end moderator alert***********

Bcool

Are you jealous

is that what the problem is

I love living in my nice house in the country which i rent earning my meager wage - which isn;t a lot

I pay my taxes, I pay my social insurance - I work for the government so I am helping the Thai people

Who the f*ck are you to say that

Why are you on THailand friends if it isn't to get laid and set up with a rich farang

Or is it true that you are a fake on here

Or is it more that you are particuraly repulsive to look at in your photos and nobody is really going to go near you.

Well

dear mr squirrel, this post of yours, it's a cheap shot. the rules and conditions clearly forbid personal attacks. perhaps yoou need to reread them.

dont do anything even remotely like this again, you went way beyond the usual spontaneous cheap shot into a premeditated and drawn out attack.

Bcool

Are you jealous

I love living in my nice house in the country which i rent earning my meager wage - which isn;t a lot

I pay my taxes, I pay my social insurance - I work for the government so I am helping the Thai people

Why are you on THailand friends if it isn't to get laid and set up with a rich farang

Or is it more that you are particuraly repulsive to look at in your photos and nobody is really going to go near you.

Well

finally a cop when you need one, bravo !!

1. most of them have a nice job get good pay while Thai ppl who have higher education get sh*t pay

2. most of them live in luxury condo. in the heart of BKK while Thai ppl who is in the middle class were kicked out of town, i can't afford it.

3. when they get in any place they are all welcome no matter what they are dressing...

1.can i ask.. if Master degree in Thailand.. is same quality as Master Degree from another country like UK-USA (right it depend on which facilities - only degree from some countries are always acceptable tho')

Or u mean exactly graduated from same Uni. but get different salary? Im not sure but yes foreigners always get higher pay compare with Thai.. but will u go to work abroad for less pay than u can get in ur own countries?

2. .. me too .. i cant imagine when i will be able to afford nice apartment-condo or whatever.. And i also cant imagine if i will be that smart enough to go to work abroad or not... lolz .. they earn more so they can pay more... thats simply.. and actually.. its kinda cheap compare with same thing they can get in their own contries.. thats why they bother to pay more than us..

3. Im not agree... not everywhere.. but yes in tourism places.. they will see foreigners before see Thai even walk in together.. :lol:

4. neh.. Thai also... not only foreigners...

It is unfair that thais are paid less than foreigners with similar skills and positions. (and women paid less than men)

the careful observer will note that falangs recruited FROM OVERSEAS, where they can make more money, tend to get paid more in thailand. recuiting companies are in direct competition with employers outside of thailand for these people's services.

falangs without special skills who already live in thailand often get paid crap.

ADDENDUM: ah. babyoiy. didnt see your post when i wrote this.

short version: what she said.

Valid point ? What valid poiint ?

The only valid point she made is that she is jalous of other being more succesful than she is and illustrate this feeling by ocusing on a minority in order to get the support of the masses.

This is the same thinking that get people to hate jew or other minorities.

I am sorry I cannot support this kinda of thinking. I maintain my position. Bcool post is lame.

I found her point to be very valid and felt by many around the world. She is intelligent and is expressing herself well. There are some good rebutals to her thread point and good ones that educate us. BUT you Laurance only point your finger and be rude to her so I say you are the lame one. If you want to jump in there try a valid rebutal instead of insults and you will walk again. Hey I can be a healer wowow off to the is there a God thread to tell Scutfarguticus :P

My experinece there in bangkok was like this, respect there culture and the people, it's there country. and this goes for even the taxi drivers and the venders on the streets everyone trying to make a living, I try to take nothing away or look down at bar girls etc. just not my cup of tea, but I mind my own business which is fair and well.

I don't go around speaking thai not that good at thai to begin with, but that "respect there culture" thing comes back into mind and I want to act like an american idoit, I stay true to my culture and I don't walk around with sandles on only gym shoes, unless at the beach then it is ok. I can't grasp why so many farangs wear sandles "hide them hairy feet" plus how does one run across the street in sandles?

I don't know what point I am making, but these are my thought's on life in BKK I just stay true to my own culture so american like zzzzzzzzzz I would like to say that I see asian doctors here in USA making boat loads of money I think it's all about your experience to get the job done.

I seen english teachers that don't get paid much at all to be living and working there. depends on the jobs and the money, you can also see japanese men there with good jobs not only farangs, maybe it is very diverse, because us farangs stand out more than asian people lol...

mrs quirrel's post should be deleted. It's embarassing... :evil:

***********moderator response ***********

it will stay, along with the warning, and hopefullly he will find it an embarrasing reminder that while it can get rowdy in the forums (and yah baby we LIKE it raw), we do in fact have rules here.

mr squirrels comments do not reflect poorly on bcool, only (poorly) on his own credibility and character.

******end moderator response ***********

1. shouldnt someone be paid for how good they are at their job not from their education?

2. Who owns the condo?

3. So farang dont really understand that you need to dress in a certain way to get in somewhere? That is quite a difficult concept.

4. Guys with money.. not farang with money...

Where I would agree with you is that farang are at no disadvantage here compared to the locals ..and there are very few countries in the world where that is true.

Hmm, maybe the Thai's I see in the BMW's and Mercedes aren't really Thai's! Yeah I know - they are the minority. Anywan, according to the World Bank wealth distribution in Thailand is about the same as in the US. A small percentage of the people own most of the wealth.

Neung - about number 4 - that's the same all over the world. Money talks...

Bcool

Are you jealous

Well

Take a look at his profile and take a look at the few paragraphs. It speak for itself.

"As much as Bcool seems to be a nice lady, her post is out of line. I always have trouble with people that are expressing hate against other because of their skin color or race which explain why I am disapointed with that post.

So in Bcool world, only farangs are rich and shag around and there is no rich Thai ******* around. Well girl grow up and look around you. "

Out of line,hmm just your opinion

no more out of line than topics about suckin cack,ass humping,and other sexual acts with Thai women.

but i like it maw haw haw.

I think it would be really good to have some of the Thai members say how they REALLY feel about farangs,and our evil heathen ways.Just like we like to talk about Thai women a lot.

BABYOIY: this one. bolded favorite parts.

1.can i ask.. if Master degree in Thailand.. is same quality as Master Degree from another country like UK-USA (right it depend on which facilities - only degree from some countries are always acceptable tho')

Or u mean exactly graduated from same Uni. but get different salary? Im not sure but yes foreigners always get higher pay compare with Thai.. but will u go to work abroad for less pay than u can get in ur own countries?

2. .. me too .. i cant imagine when i will be able to afford nice apartment-condo or whatever.. And i also cant imagine if i will be that smart enough to go to work abroad or not... lolz .. they earn more so they can pay more... thats simply.. and actually.. its kinda cheap compare with same thing they can get in their own countries.. thats why they bother to pay more than us..

3. Im not agree... not everywhere.. but yes in tourism places.. they will see foreigners before see Thai even walk in together.. :lol:

4. neh.. Thai also... not only foreigners...

aha .. okie.. i thought i wasnt behave...

and mr.squ... wotever... maybe on PMS... lolz

PMS :?: :shock: Speaking of PMS :roll:

TOP 13 THINGS PMS STANDS FOR:

13. Pass My Shotgun

12. Psychotic Mood Shift

11. Pack My Stuff

10. Permanent Menstrual Syndrome

9. Perpetual Munching Spree

8. Puffy Mid-Section

7. People Make Me Sick

6. Provide Me with Sweets

5. Pardon My Sobbing

4. Pimples May Surface

3. Pass My Sweatpants

2. Plainly Men Suck

And the number one thing PMS Stands for........ Who Cares? She's not in the

mood for this anymore!!

:wink:

Unless you are in the upper level of Thai society the chances of you having a decent education are limited and even then the evrybody passes system is still in place or pass for favours

When my daughter finishes Prathom 6 she is being sent back the UK to be educated there at a good private school.

She will have had 11 years to learn about her culture and about her past - but there is no way that she is going to end up like the rest of the kids who fail and then make teacher a coffee to pass the year.

You go to any western country how many Thai's do you see in executive positions compared to the number of other Aasian nationalities such as chinese, singaporean, malaysians, koreans or japanese.

Friends of mine who are working really hard on Masters know that when it is over they still have **** all chance of getting a job in an international because the companies know that they may have just "passed by friendly means" and the international positions are just not there for them.

Does it only take money to **** people.

Of course it does everybody is for sale.

I will have to ask my Thai friends if their Mia Noi's who they rent apartments for and shower with gold and toys know that they are really just poor Thai people who are making 5000 baht a month not the 200,000+ they claim.

You had better tell the resteraunt owners that they don't need to drop everything and run over with all the staff to wai them when they come into the resteraunt and clear away they best table in the place because they are only normal Thai people.

If you are going to be jealous . Start looking at what is really going on around you.

Sad thing is that if you have the time to be jealous about things it just means that you are sitting doing nothing rather than sitting there trying to get to a new goal.

And no moderator I don't really care if its left here or not I am not embarassed by what I posted.

Does it only take money to f*ck people.

Of course it does everybody is for sale.

NO you can F**K people with words too, and I"m not for sale you pessimistic squirrel. You may be proud of your self talking about Bcool like that but it wasn't nessesary to make your point. Yout not the supreme authority and others have given great conterpoints without the BS insults