Pack your bags,when?

Down2Earth

When you are going on a trip,when do you start packing? 2 days,1 day before or you like to pack at the last min.?

For me it depends,if i'm going on a long trip then i start early as there will be a lot to pack. But if i'm going on a short trip then i normally start at the last min and end up forget my "kor kor nor" or toothbrush haha Happens sometimes!

wing tam poo chai ... -- translate **ÇÔè§Ë¹ÕµÒüÙéªÒÂ**

or no need to pack the bag?!!? 8)

Grrrr Ai bah Tal. Going on a trip mai chai tam poo chai :P

Aow!! .. oopz!! sorry i'm sick![/color]

Well, make lists in a month before leaving. Cuz things to prepare just pop up in your head every now and then (for occassional travellers).

I pack a week before the departure if its a long stay (like for almost a year). But if a short trip ...i would only take a few days :D

P.S. My bedroom is always a big mess when my packing.

I used to be a professional traveler. Literally! I would have to pack in order to be traveling continuously for 3-4 months at a time! But by nature I am a procrastinator and would never start packing until the day before traveling. And I used to hate the most is the idea of getting on the airplane and thinking to myself, "****! What have I forgotten???!!!"

So over time I developed a "packing list". It's a simple MS Word file but it has every possible item I need and then some spaces to write in special things.

It works! And I still use it! If I am traveling halfway around the world, or to Koh Samed, it works! If in the end I forget something, there's nothing wrong with my list, there's something wrong with my brain, and then I can laugh about it!

wing tam poo chai ... -- translate **ÇÔè§Ë¹ÕµÒüÙéªÒÂ**

or no need to pack the bag?!!? 8)

Be careful, Tal! I know EXACTLY what you are talking about! [evil laugh!]
... dont know about me much!!!

I like to start not packing, but putting the things on a table weeks before I leave. Than when I see it, I know it's coming close. Yes, friends, I get excited to see thing that I have to put in my suitcase. :P

The last times the most things I have to take with me or so different than before. 3 chargers (phone, razormachine, camera) and all the cables that goes with it. And chocolate and Belgian beer in big amounts, lol.

Clothes I don't pack a lot (a few used jeans and t-shirts, that I can throw away), I use to buy them in Asia. I also put some clothes in my handluggage in case I need them (like when I get some unexpected :twisted: diarhea). But I never needed them, unlike my co-passenger who get always spilled whine and coffee over them :lol: . But it's their mistake, why they want to sit next to me, handy harry :twisted: .

i pack at the very last minute generally, but i have a packing list in my head. i have certain things that i only use for travel, i just leave 'em in the suitcase.

my bag tends to be 90 percent gadgets, a couple of lonely planet guides and a change of clothes (maybe, two).

i pack the same amount of stuff and carry the same two bags no matter where i go. generally travel pretty light.

the exception is this coming september. since i'm moving to thailand i'll spend a lot more time packing (my room needs to be basically empty, i need to sell what i dont bring for the most part) and i'll be bringing a lot more stuff.

Living between 2 countries.. I simply dont do the packing.. as I dont have to donia66.gif

If we < Me and My Partner> do NOT travel at the same flight ...

I do travel without any luggage as I have to do some shopping at the airport..

I simply do leave all of my the luggages to my very own Gentleman to take care. :shock:

For Vacation...

Mmmm well well... at the last min before leaving to the airport 8) :wink:

Prefer to leave with an empty luggage and coming back with the full one. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Depends how far advance I'd know that I'll be going somewhere....

If I have lots of time, I'd throw things that comes up in my mind in the luggage....sometimes months before travel....So I won't be forgetting anything.

But If I got a short notice, I'd just get the necessities. And try to find my way out the problems later. Sometime the notice just so short.....even in just a couple hours. If I can choose I prefer to be well-prepared. :D

• 2 months later...