IS THERE A DEVIL? DOES HE REALLY EXSIST?

SgtPepper

Well we had the other side of this unanswerable query recently but it got me wondering, why not ask about good old bezzzzly bob you know SATAN

The dark side and all that jazz.

So how about it?

Is evil real? Does he have a name? What is the evidence?

What is the angle from the different religions/cults

I am nearly certain I saw the devil about two weeks ago on motor bike doing 80 going through a red light but was I mistaken?

As I see it works like this.

We as humans are driven by our basic instincts the most powerful of which are - fear, greed, lust and guilt. Religous values and society's values tend to teach the following - to curb your lust and to curb your greed. Religions do this usually by taking the most common human fear - death - and introducing the concept of 'heavens/rebirths' and 'hells'. Society's values imposes its own 'hell' concept which is either the death penalty or prison (where you no longer are free to make your own choices).

Now it seems to me that the reality is that we are born as individuals and free to make our own choices. We spend our lives creating our own individual value system. From that perspective each one of us is our own 'God' free to create our own 'heaven' and 'hell' on this earth. And yes... inside each one of us is our own devil - telling us to do things we know we shouldnt and telling us to delay doing things that we know we should. And yes, we all often succumb to this devil and as a result feel a mixture of fear and guilt.

Now this all sounds a little vague but lets take a practical TF example. My guess is that there are many TF members here who are in monogamous relationships. Still it doesnt stop you from lusting after other girls (or guys if you are a girl). And maybe you succumb to that temptation and shag someone else. Afterwards you are bound to feel guilt - for doing something you promised your significant other that you wouldnt do - and fear - that she will find out and that will be the end of the relationship.

So of course there is no real devil but there is a 'little devil' in every one of us.

As I see it works like this.

We as humans are driven by our basic instincts the most powerful of which are - fear, greed, lust and guilt. Religous values and society's values tend to teach the following - to curb your lust and to curb your greed. Religions do this usually by taking the most common human fear - death - and introducing the concept of 'heavens/rebirths' and 'hells'. Society's values imposes its own 'hell' concept which is either the death penalty or prison (where you no longer are free to make your own choices).

Now it seems to me that the reality is that we are born as individuals and free to make our own choices. We spend our lives creating our own individual value system. From that perspective each one of us is our own 'God' free to create our own 'heaven' and 'hell' on this earth. And yes... inside each one of us is our own devil - telling us to do things we know we shouldnt and telling us to delay doing things that we know we should. And yes, we all often succumb to this devil and as a result feel a mixture of fear and guilt.

Now this all sounds a little vague but lets take a practical TF example. My guess is that there are many TF members here who are in monogamous relationships. Still it doesnt stop you from lusting after other girls (or guys if you are a girl). And maybe you succumb to that temptation and shag someone else. Afterwards you are bound to feel guilt - for doing something you promised your significant other that you wouldnt do - and fear - that she will find out and that will be the end of the relationship.

So of course there is no real devil but there is a 'little devil' in every one of us.

Well Then ... Get a New BF... & starting a new relationship ... :shock:

Shake it.. do it all again... who cares :D

Easy Peasy... 8) :wink:

donia66.gif

-WB-