MC Driving License

roblin

Question

Me and my friend want to get a driving license for MC(500cc+). But here it's very expensive. 1h of driving with teacher costs about 2000-3000baht! So I wonder if it's possible to take driving lessons i Thailand instead.

Both of us has EU-standard driving license for cars and some experience with bikes.

1. How do Thais normally get their driving license? What kind of studying, practice and tests? Normal cost for 1h driving and total cost for a license for cars/mc?

2. Is it possible for Farangs to get permission to take driving lessons i Thailand?

3. What kind of international licenses can you test for?

4. Can you recommend any good driving schools who are used to teaching farang aswell?

2 answers to this question

1. How do Thais normally get their driving license? What kind of studying, practice and tests? Normal cost for 1h driving and total cost for a license for cars/mc?

They borrow dad's scooter once they are large enough to get it off the stand (age 7 or 8) .

Then drive around at breakneck speed with no helmet. If they don't kill themselves within the first few weeks they are now qualified to ride.

No cost for lessons. Local cops accept 100 - 200 baht instead of presenting licence.... :shock: :shock:

2. Is it possible for Farangs to get permission to take driving lessons i Thailand?

As above but rates are diferent for Farangs - usually around 200 -500 baht

Smiling and saying khrap often reduces the cost... :wink:

3. What kind of international licenses can you test for?

Believe it or not Thai licence recognised worldwide...If you can ride here you are prepared for anything.. :shock:

4. Can you recommend any good driving schools who are used to teaching farang aswell?

They are still trying to teach the locals.....Most of the schools you only use a simulator...Instructors are teachers....they ain't stoopid.. :D

Is there a way one can get an actual Thai License? I have lost my Cook Islands and Indo License. I am practicaly banned from driving in the USA and everytime I get pulled over it is jail and thirty day tow. I would like to get a Thai License with a different last name so the Wanker American cops can't screw with me.. Money is not an issue...