MoDern ARt

marc_TGT

I am spending a big part of my life in Bangkok but still not familiar where to find what. :cry:

I like modern art (yes, yes the kind where others ask if this was done by a 3-year old child :? ) and I think some Thai artists are quite interesting.

Unfortunately a lot good artists are doing some kind of pseudo-spiritual-modern-thai-art. Perfect for selling to tourist, but somhow a mass-produced article.

I found already some interesting places in Bangkok for modern art, but would like to know more. So anyone also interested and having some infos :?:

I found and also know some artists selling their work in JJ-market or in Suan Lum Night Bazar. But as said before, you have to look hard or even ask.

I met some sellling the 'commercial art' but also show me what they really like and wanna do. (Also the pic in the profile is from Thailand. It even gets famous here in the company as a windows background). Even its not 'commercial' art it can get quite expensive :(

But there are also lots of others presenting in exhibitions or galleries.

No one familiar with :?:

oh i see i am to slow to type.

Thanks for the links, this helps (a bit :wink: ) But somehow its quite interesting to know people involved.

..havent a clue about contemporary Thai stuff but i do collect modern Batik art from Yogyakarta(the de facto batik/cultural capital of Indonesia) in Java.99% of batik pictures are the usual tourist guff and 1% is pretty cool ,imaginative and very collectable.Worth a long weekend trip from BKK (plus you can see the nearby ancient temples at Prambanan and Borobudur while you're there..plus the very active Mt Merapi).Just an idea in case you need further south-east asian inspiration :wink:

Papa ... birdie wants to go there

<1st class tickets ... please please please.>

donia66.gif

-Nong KB-