Tickets to BKK from other Asian countries

Japhrodisiac

I get a few free tickets on Air Canada to fly anywhere they fly, but sadly they do not fly into Thailand. The closest they go is Korea, Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong etc. What I'm looking for are some suggestions for inexpensive tickets to BKK from one of these places. Anyone do some travelling within Asia and can offer some advice on pricing and airlines? Thanks all!

i think best deal is that you fly to hong kong first. tickets r cheaper there i believe and more flights too.

A large part of the problem is getting a good deal on a ticket from abroad. Easy to Buy in HK, but then have to wait a few days to fly methinks. I need someone on the ground in HK to book me a ticket probably. Grrrr.....

well, this is the easy way for u to refer.

our country have two airline company. Malaysia Airline n Air Asia. both airline ticket u can get via internet booking or straight to the airport counter. i purpose u go for the Air Asia coz is the cheaper flight ticket in the Asia n world.

2nd, if yr flight delay or fly in the next day, this is a beautiful country n city u can visit. Kuala Lumpur city of Malaysia.

3rd, if u ask me to compare. i can assure u that the Malaysia is the nearest country to Thailand n u can save a lot of money coz the expenses is not high compare u go to Hong Kong or other country.

finally, u can check it out with others, but the best way, save expense, cheaper n easier is from Malaysia. trust me man. i always compare coz i also like to travel too. :D

from singapore to bkk tigerairways would be another option. (tiger is a low fare carrier which partially belong to singapore airlines) i have done the route several times and it was fine flying with them.

as far as i know orient thai, another thailand-based discount airline, goes directly from hongkong to bkk.

I think Bangkok Airways is the only LCC flying from HKG ( To Samui, not to BKK)

e

i would not necessarily see bangkok airways as a lcc though. in fact, their monopoly for certain airports (which they own, e.g. samui) gives them a chance to set higher prices than others (incl. thai) do for comparable distances. they even market themselves as "exclusive boutique" airline.

I think Bangkok Airways is the only LCC flying from HKG ( To Samui, not to BKK)

e

i would not necessarily see bangkok airways as a lcc though. in fact, their monopoly for certain airports (which they own, e.g. samui) gives them a chance to set higher prices than others (incl. thai) do for comparable distances. they even market themselves as "exclusive boutique" airline.

i have flown bangkok airways to jinghong in china,phnom penh and yangon .prices were perfectly reasonable but way off being a "boutique airline".10 out of 10 for cheer cheek though :P

I get a few free tickets on Air Canada to fly anywhere they fly, but sadly they do not fly into Thailand. The closest they go is Korea, Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong etc. What I'm looking for are some suggestions for inexpensive tickets to BKK from one of these places. Anyone do some travelling within Asia and can offer some advice on pricing and airlines? Thanks all!

Air Canada is part of the Star Alliance. Unless your tickets are something very special you should be able to get tickets on any of the Star Alliance members - many of which fly into BKK.