What country do you least likely to visit?

CuTieGirL

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent a few weeks backpacking down the coast of Morocco during the first Gulf War and it left a bad taste in my mouth about travelling in Arab countries.

Yes, I saw and experienced things that were unforgettable. But they were constantly marred by experiences with the people who, due to the colour of my skin ("American coloured" to them) and my religion (or lack thereof), would be just as happy to see me dead. And a few even tried to help me get there. On the positive side, experiences like that have made me see the flip side of the racist coin up close and personal (although living in Japan has been an equally effective lesson).

One Arabic country I would like to see before I get hit by a bus or something is Egypt. But when I do go, and I'd recommend this to anybody travelling in a dodgy country, I won't backpack it. Know where you're going, and if necessary, hire a registered guide. 8)

Given the amount of beautiful and extraordinary **** out in the world left to see in countries where I can walk around in relative safety, I'll hit those places first.

• 1 month later...
Because my boss goes there and get hard sick everytime. Also the people there smell bad.
LOL

LOL

Thai girls' noses are soooooooooo sensitive.

A lot of Thais also don't like khaek very much, definite prejudice. Rough translation of a Thai saying (I've only heard it in English): "if you see an Indian and a snake approaching at the same time, you hit the Indian first".

Gapi and durian don't smell too good on someone else's breath either, you know :P

--Ling

• 1 month later...

In a previous life i mentioned on TF that Denmark was the least likely country i wanted to visit.3 months later and even further away from enlightment(thanks to Bang & Olufsen) , following a last minute weekend jaunt to Copenhagen with a friend ,i would like to say Copehagen is real cool

>>>end of amendment<<<

have to think of a new one now :P