Questions about working and living in Thailand

HPAus

Question

Just a quick overview about myself.  Currently I'm in Melbourne, Australia a current online student with Canberra University doing a Bachelor in Entrepreneurship  .  Already have a Diploma in Management as well as  Tesol.  Previously worked as an ESL Teacher in China for 7 years and 6 months in Indonesia.  I'm dating this girl from Thailand who is encouraging me to go live there.  What would the best advice you can give me if I would consider moving there.  I will be visiting Thailand next month for 10 days to know her better and have a brief look around.

2 answers to this question

Best advice?  

Don't move anywhere unless you want to live there.  Get a good look around.  Decide if you want to work for peanuts (sorry teachers, but we all know most teaching gigs don't pay that well).  

Teaching jobs in Thailand range from the bottom of the barrel sort of stuff where you get low pay and you may or may not get a work permit (if you don't get one, you're working illegally) all the way to pretty good paying jobs in private schools.  

Obviously, the more experience you have and the more contacts you have, the more likely you are to get the better jobs.