Bangkok - Tokyo

roblin

Best way(ie most comfortable ) Thai airways

Other ways... i think you got those sussed already.But if you've got heaps of time you could get a cheapo flight from BKK to MACAU/HKG and then get a boat to Shanghai and then another boat onwards to Osaka/ Kobe

....then from Osaka/ Kobe an ordinary train (ie non shinkansen) or a bus up to Tokyo.<> _ <>

Not sure if this 2nd way is particuarly cheap but would be a lot of fun

:D

or boat all the way to from bkk to tokyo .... 8) :wink:

Best way(ie most comfortable ) Thai airways

Other ways... i think you got those sussed already.But if you've got heaps of time you could get a cheapo flight from BKK to MACAU/HKG and then get a boat to Shanghai and then another boat onwards to Osaka/ Kobe

....then from Osaka/ Kobe an ordinary train (ie non shinkansen) or a bus up to Tokyo.<> _ <>

Not sure if this 2nd way is particuarly cheap but would be a lot of fun

:D

or boat all the way to from bkk to tokyo .... 8) :wink:

Quite right.Thats called the *stowaway option* .Find yourself a container boat heading for Japan from BKK and before you leave ,buy a large KFC party bucket :D

You have got it absolutely right..... -Mitsui- makes a good deal to Japan... 8)

• 11 months later...
PM our expert in all things Japanese, Inamorato25 as he travels from near there to near here quite frequently

Hey, I think I saw that guy washed up on the beach last weekend! :lol: That'll teach him for being such a cheap charlie.Nobody can swim for a year and live to tell about it.

For the record, I try to use Northwest Airlines when possible because, in spite of their crappy flight schedule, you can fly round trip on 20,000 frequent flyer miles -- 30,000 for business. The regular fare from Tokyo is about 20,000Baht.

There are cheaper flights, but I try to stick to airlines that don't regularly plummet from the skies.

I try to use Northwest Airlines ........... but I try to stick to airlines that don't regularly plummet from the skies.

surely a contradiction in terms? :?

relatively speaking, they don't plummet all that often, compared to say, aeroflop.

and northwest has a killer miles program, as you go up through the ranks you start getting double mileage. thai airways dont do that. i always fly northwest when i travel back to the US, i've still got two free roundtrips to new york comin'.

I try to use Northwest Airlines ........... but I try to stick to airlines that don't regularly plummet from the skies.

surely a contradiction in terms? :?

relatively speaking, they don't plummet all that often, compared to say, aeroflop.

and northwest has a killer miles program, as you go up through the ranks you start getting double mileage. thai airways dont do that. i always fly northwest when i travel back to the US, i've still got two free roundtrips to new york comin'.

Sounds good .If Thai are anywhere near as miserly on doshing out the bonus mileage as fellow alliance member SQ(25% even at Gold level),then you can see the logic of going NW and getting the full 100%.

Sounds good .If Thai are anywhere near as miserly on doshing out the bonus mileage as fellow alliance member SQ(25% even at Gold level),then you can see the logic of going NW and getting the full 100%.

last time i checked, they were. and once you hit gold on northwest you get the full 200%, plus lots of mileage promotions. downside is the flight attendants rarely approach the level of attractiveness of the average middle-aged truck driver, at least on the US-bound flights.